September 8 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes, a good day.

Keith, I second what Suzi says, dill pickles have nearly no calories and can dampen the hunger. Hang in here with us and you will be fine!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Logged, under and a 49 minute walk.
  • idmalone
    idmalone Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • hannahm120
    hannahm120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track after the long weekend. Cycled for 73min. and toying with the idea of IF to interrupt evening snacking while cleaning up leftovers and packing lunches.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    yes, yes, yes
  • nennie8888
    nennie8888 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Over on calories - so will take Pass Day!
  • keith250in2021
    keith250in2021 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes for all three. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Cravings are getting a little worse but I'm glad I've stuck with it so far. Thanks all!

Hey @keith250in2021
    Awesome!

What approaches are you taking with the cravings?

Molly...so far I've been eating the most comparable food I can to what I'm craving that is still within my diet. My next move is to try and go to bed earlier as currently I like to stay up late which is when I have the greatest cravings. Today has been much better than yesterday. Thanks!
  • keith250in2021
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Yes for all three. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Cravings are getting a little worse but I'm glad I've stuck with it so far. Thanks all!

A trick I learned in WW was to eat a dill/sour pickle when cravings got to be too much. Something about the vinegar wipes the mouth cravimg away. Congratulations on your loss. It's a great motivator.

Suzi...excellent tip. I will definitely try that...and I love pickles. Thanks!
  • keith250in2021
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes, a good day.

Keith, I second what Suzi says, dill pickles have nearly no calories and can dampen the hunger. Hang in here with us and you will be fine!

Thanks for the encouragement, Rob. I'm not planning on going anywhere. Have to get this weight off!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    9/8
    Pass
    Exersized-?no
    Caleries?-no
    Logged?-yes
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pass 3/3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options

Hey @keith250in2021
    Awesome!

What approaches are you taking with the cravings?

Molly...so far I've been eating the most comparable food I can to what I'm craving that is still within my diet. My next move is to try and go to bed earlier as currently I like to stay up late which is when I have the greatest cravings. Today has been much better than yesterday. Thanks!

@keith250in2021
    Great plans!

Cravings: took me awhile to realize mine were triggered by SUGAR which I knew, SALT which I didn’t know and FAT. I then realized when a food had one of these, I could resist it. When it had two, I had difficulty, and finally decided it wasn’t worth resisting the calls from the pantry. If it had all 3, I called them a Triple Threat - and decided- for me (lifelong obese with two obese parents) I decided that I would not have them in our home. I know others who have made the opposite decision.

I’m doing this for my Health. I’m doing everything I can to insure my maintenance success. And everything I can do to make it EASY.

I read recently that obesity is a “chronic recurring disease” so I’m trying to stack the odds in my favor.

For most of my weight loss journey I stayed upstairs after dinner (to reduce temptation)
    I’d drink water & brought up an electric kettle for tea. My mantra: “If you stay upstairs, you will lose the weight.”

After being in maintenance for awhile & because of COVID, I ended up being right next to kitchen now. AND I learned how to manage it - slowly but surely.

Baby Steps!
    #HealthFirst
    #NeverGiveUp
    #EachPlateauPreparesUsForMaintenance!