Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @Terytha Congratulations on reaching 100lbs! That's an amazing accomplishment 👏 👏👏

@conleywoods Tues, my school was the first one in our district to get a positive case. We already do distance learning on Wed so they can deep clean. They quarentined the class and 4 adults. It was all over the news because we are one of the districts in our state to go back. It will be interesting to see if anyone else in the school gets it or are the procedures and protocols working.

@gidgitgoescrazy I love working out. It makes me feel amazing. But it also makes me eat more. 🤷‍♀️ Right now, I can only find the time to workout a few days a week and I am finding it much easier to control my calories and the quality of my food. I am worried that my booty is already sagging though.🤦‍♀️

@planemonkey nice loss this week!!!

I got less then 6 hrs of sleep 💤 😴 My kids are awesome. We are having record breaking heat so I may skip walking to work... because I would have to walk home. But, if I walk, it usually gives me a little extra energy...
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Okay so apparently I have just taken this week off, but it's okay, Ya need that sometimes...

I will weigh in this week tomorrow, since I will be away on Saturday, we are going camping...

We are going to the same park that set me on this path this time last year, this year I am 30lbs lighter and I will walk around the lake, and up the hill... My hubby has decided to sit out this trip, so I am going by myself ( I am meeting friends there, and my son will be up later, although he is leaving a day early) The dogs are staying home this time also, so no excuses...

My husband went to the ortho surgeon and is having a 2 tier disc replacement in his neck, so hopefully that will fix his pain issues, he's got all kinds of things going on, and the dr is hoping this will fix it as he has 2 discs that are bulging every which way, into nerves, into the spinal cord, and blah blah blah... I hope this fixes him, cause I'll be honest, I am not the most empathetic person, I have absolutely no bedside manner, I'm more of a suck it up buttercup, you can't stop living, so just deal with it, kinda person...

Anyway, hope you all have a great day !
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar
    pw 146.5
    cw 148.5
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    CW 186 blah. Too much eating for non-hunger issues and fighting perfectionist tendencies. It’s a long list!
    Sorry I’ve been absent. I’ve missed you!
    I’ve been swamped and a bit crazier with school and studying and all that Jazz. I’m going to shift gears & take a break. Getting things ready around here before winter sets in will help and we also need to prepare for S’s likely hernia surgery. First appointment with surgeon tomorrow...if you prefer leaving this last weigh in off to keep the group numbers in better order, that’s okay.
    More after we have some firm dates.
    Xoxo

You are now officially on the support team list! You can continue to weigh in just to keep an eye on things if you want, but it won't count in the tallies. And of course, please drop by here to let everyone know how it is going! Hugs flying your way :heart:
  • jugar
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar
    pw 146.5
    cw 148.5

Hang in there, Sylvia! Step away from the "food as a solution", take a deep breath (or 100), and come by to rant when needed. Hugs flying your way too!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member

Hang in there, Sylvia! Step away from the "food as a solution", take a deep breath (or 100), and come by to rant when needed. Hugs flying your way too![/quote]

thank you. Just had a meltdown on the phone with my sister. Maybe that will help too. Got my fridge full of good options, I have my good intentions....I'm going to chase after those pesky dancing pounds.

• jugar
    Well, I sure had a bad eating day today. Instead of the kinds of foods I can actually stop eating once I start, I got into the other kind. You know. The kind that feels really good, but then takes you to a place you don't want to be. And once I am in the trance of "more more more" it seems my good ol' plan was not working. Time to revisit and revise the plan :grimace: I have felt this coming on for a while - getting lax in general, not logging too well. So (sigh), what to do when there is no thought happening? When compulsion takes over?

My usual first step to avoid compulsive eating happens in the grocery store. I can usually avoid bringing home the dangerous goods. Lately I have wanted to indulge and it starts there. So if I fail, and come home with the DGs, then of course I am going to eat them. No resolutions about stopping after eating only a little bit work, so the first job is to put away all but one portion, and to log it. The rest goes into the freezer or gets dropped off at my son's house. He can be counted on to finish up just about anything. If I don't do that part, then things get really difficult. Today I blew past all those moments when things could have been controlled - but hey, that happens. The plan to control shopping and then get extra portions out of the way might not be adequate. I'll work on it!

Tomorrow I'm going to a TRX session at a local gym (limited to 6 people, all doubly distanced) just to shake things up. Hopefully I'll work off the excesses of today! They are having an open house week, and it looks like it might be fun to get some inspiration.

Keep up those intentions, and bolster the plan! I'm going to spend some time thinking about the last 98 days of 2020 also. I think a few new and interesting goals are in order.

Friday weigh-ins! Keep me out of the kitchen and recording numbers tomorrow, OK?
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01
    @Pearl4686
    @BaileyCat88
    @Steph1498
    @Kali225
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    @Terytha Woah, what a moment to realise you are so close to a healthy BMI :) Congrats and good luck with your 10lbs for New Year!

@micki48 I hear you. Life can be so stressful at the moment. I was feeling down yesterday too, about Covid, and the world, and everything really! Just keep going is all we can do... (hugs!)
    (and switching off the news in my case, I was watching waaaay too much!)

@conleywoods That sounds so difficult at work, with the kids not understanding why they don't get to play with the fun toys! Although, it says something about you and that they must really love spending time there with you! I'm sure you will find some creative solutions that will be just as fun :)

@CanadianGiraffe Good luck with keeping on track and tomorrow's weigh in x
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    It's Friday morning here in the UK and I have the day off, so the weekend has officially started! I am off to the hairdresser this morning to get a very bad dye job sorted out (they coloured it waaaay too dark last time - it was almost black! :# )

I've been to the gym and pilates the last two days and am a little achey this morning so I'm having a rest day. After the hairdresser I'll be spending the day in my art studio. I need to look after my mental health too right now, and painting and drawing really help me to relax :)

Does anyone have any nice weekend plans? I'll be having a quiet one after being away last weekend. Time for some reading, gaming, walks and cooking! Very much looking forward to it.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 757 Member
    CW 153.5
This discussion has been closed.