Like Minded Lushes - Spring/Summer 2020

13»

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    GratsAnn! Air quality here very unhealthy. A few days ago Portland had the worst quality in the world. In fact it was off the scale. There is some hope it will be better by the weekend. Headaches, and a general feeling of "not well". The whole west coast is under a veil of smoke.

Great pictures Ann and Sydney!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Sometimes the news is unbearably depressing.
    Then your son visits and your heart is full again <3

16928oo1yuvo.jpg
  • ryzeman
    What a great picture of you and your son Syd! <3
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Awww...cuties! Always good to see the younguns! :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Yay! Girls are the best ;)
    The air was bad and when you can't go out and or open a window it makes you a little crazy. Luckily air has been better here in SF but I understand that new fires are burning in Napa/Sonoma so the air quality will probably get bad again. Hope everything is ok, hoping to get up there with friends in November.
    Work has been stressing me out, I have not been working out or logging many 0s.
    I keep thinking it will get better but it's been week after week not better. Pandemic, fires...
    I feel like I should be glad to have a job but it's hard to not know when things will be normal again. Sometimes drinking is all there is...
  • ryzeman
    I feel the same Amy. We had bad smoke here in Washington State. Combine that with the stress of the pandemic and ailing parents, and we can't seem to find time to let our guard down and relax. We just heard last night that our son has been laid off from his job and a mechanical engineer. He works in the aerospace industry and with the slowdown in the airline industry, it makes it hard to keep a job. So now we need to come up with a plan to keep him and his wife afloat until he can find employment. 2020 has been a real SUCK of a year. As always my <3 to you all.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    F-U-2020, seriously! I am sorry you have all of that to deal with Ryz, that's terrible :(
    I logged a couple of 0s because I think I had food poisoning or stomach bug, finally feeling good today. Husband's bday is tomorrow and we plan to go to a hotel in Monterey and he can golf (at Bayonet-Black Horse, not Pebble Beach, haha). Hoping the air quality isn't bad down there when we get there, but you never know...
  • SoCalWoman
    Ugh, Gary! Im so sorry about your son. The husband was in aerospace as well and while he was laid off last year, most of the remaining employees are now also being laid off or furloughed. What a mess. So stressful for everyone.

Enjoy your getaway Amy! I love Monterey. Such a beautiful area.
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Hey all! I am trying to catch up on what you guys have been doing! What a sh&t year it's been. Thought I'd pop over and say hello. I am trying to get back to tracking my calories again. Life has been pretty quiet - thankfully -- everyone just surviving and hoping 2021 is a better year. I quit drinking completely 156 days ago. It's weird. Weird in that I have no desire to ever drink again. I've lost some weight, but nothing drastic. Overall the biggest benefit for me has been that I sleep so much better and love waking up fresh and ready to face the day.

Sending big hugs to all of you and hope that you are having more sunnier days than not with all this craziness of COVID, fires, layoffs and all the other crap 2020 has thrown at us.
  • SoCalWoman
    Hi Gwen!! Good to hear from you. Congrats on stopping drinking! You'll always be a member of the lush group, whether you're drinking or not. So please keep us posted on how you're doing!