Optimal October!

Options

Replies

• ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I can attest that our house has never been cleaner and I've been more productive than I was waiting for results! Thinking of you.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options
    Magic, if I had thought of it I might have hired someone when I was reorganizing and decluttering. It took me a couple months. One room at a time, and mostly just one or two days a week since I work all the time. I had a friend come to haul away trash bags of stuff to the dump and he had his pickup piled up as high as he could get it and still safely tie it all down and my garbage container was overflowing every week. There were some things I sent with an auctioneer friend to sell. Didn't make much money but got more stuff out of the house. My house is so free of "stuff" now though. Still have too many books, but I pared them down considerably. Some rooms, like the spare bedrooms, living room, dining room... took a couple hours each. The kitchen and my office took days. My bedroom took a whole day. But it all got done. There was not a single drawer, closet, nook or cranny that escaped my declutter wrath! LOL

It's very freeing to let loose of the things we don't really want. I read something once that said only keep things that are useful or give you joy. So I took a hard look at all the knick knacks and got rid of at least half. Now there is less to dust and nothing that I don't enjoy seeing in my house and/or is meaningful in some way.

I hope you can find out more soon on your medical results so you can relax a bit. I'm so sorry you are feeling so anxious.

I had a rough week and brought home work so I can stay home all weekend. I don't want to go to the office at all.

This week is 100% Dr. F 6 week plan. I'm stocked up, prepped, ready to go!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    You are all doing so well...food wise. I am just kinda there. I have stopped with desserts, unless it is fruit. Haven't lost, but am losing the NEED to have to have something sweet late at night.

I called in to the doctor's office yesterday...did not hear back. Yesterday, I was in a bit of pain, but that's cuz I was walking a lot...back and forth to the accounting office. I have a rolling cart, to carry the deals (car deals are FAT and HEAVY)...and besides my receptionist duties, I prepare them for scanning and then check them for accuracy.

Anyway, no pain this morning. I am using that as my barometer...I believe if the cancer was in my bone, it would be pretty painful by now...so,

I am focusing on getting my home in order. Even when I was able to stand for longer periods of time, I still did not do a great job organizing...I think I got passed up on that particular gene.

So, spending $$ on an organizer is a money well spent...get it done and over with. And that clutter guy, Peter Walsh, that was on HGTV, I think...he did write a book: Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? https://www.amazon.com/Does-This-Clutter-Make-Butt/dp/1416560173

It removes a lot of the anxiety associated with a totally disorganized home...and calms one. Less likely to over eat or eat the wrong stuff...that is MY thinking anyway.

Beginning my 73rd year on this planet and I want it to mean something. Being a mom to Lulu is so important to me...less time dealing with clutter and more time spending with my girl...well, you get my point.

One of my credit cards gives you $$ rewards...I have saved up over $700. That is two, 10 hour sessions with this gal. Hopefully, we can get it all done in that time. If we need one more ten hour go, then I am only out $350.

Alrighty then, enough of my situation. Just finishing my cuppa and time for shower and dressing.

Wishing all of you a splendid day! <3

• ShredWeek1
    Options
    I hear you! I've found a family homeless shelter not far from us which takes everything that a family could use from towels to clothes to books to furniture. Every year we take a load of stuff up the week of Thanksgiving, and my goal is finally arrive at one year when I have nothing to take! And, we've had this tradition for a decade.

When our son turned 18, he and I went through his room and that had to be a special trip...I was a little teary eyed about letting go of some things...who would have thought that I'd ever mist over about finally getting Candyland out of the house, but like you, dear friends, I want this phase of my life to mean something....and having to plow through stuff saps me of the energy to do other things.

Take care, dear ones! Plant on!

(And, I'm going to run off the 6 week plan...McDougall has gotten be down nicely, but I'm determined to lose that 17 by the time Covid is under control!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Good morning! I was a total slacker yesterday. Did some puttering around the house and a lot of reading, a little napping. I am finishing some tea and toast then heading up to my desk to work the entire day to make up for yesterday.

Shred, the 6 week plan is really great, but can be an adjustment for some. I didn't have much problem with it since I had already been vegan for a long time so you should be fine. The main thing is to make sure you eat enough. I think a lot of people give up on it because they actually eat less than recommended. Make sure you get plenty of beans or tofu, at least the recommended minimum of 1 cup per day. Also make sure you get in the healthy fats from nuts/seeds. Beans, tofu, veggies, fruit are all unrestricted and you can eat as much as you want of those. Starches are limited/optional. Nuts/seeds are limited/required for the healthy fats your body needs. Also think of ways to add greens to everything. I throw handfuls of baby spinach, kale, chard, arugula, etc. into soup, stir-fry, smoothies, etc.

I know you've said you crave and need variety so keep an eye on Austin's menus. She is my ETL hero when it comes to eating a large variety of plants.

Magic, so excited for your home organizer! I can't wait to hear how that goes. It's not easy to let go of things sometimes. I can honestly say that I haven't missed or needed a single thing that I pitched. I was telling a friend about the process and said it involves a lot of sweat, sore muscles, bruises, cursing and tears, but it's worth it! LOL

Austin, how are things in your world? How goes your husband's recovery?
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning lovely people...Mihani, great rundown of the 6 week plan. Now, am I understanding you, Mihani, did Dr. F's 6 week plan and Shred is doing McDougall's. Please correct me.

No plan at the moment...but moving towards WF...already Plant Based...but as you know, I do use some help with convenience foods.

Today, only a small bit of help...some kind of vegan pancake mix that u just add water. Had that for breakfast.

Lunch, I brought sauteed veggies and rice ... heating up in my Hot Logic. Grapes for dessert.

For dinner when I get home...not sure. Maybe a salad ...something bagged that I add my own dressing. Need to make a stop at Trader Joe's after work.

Very excited about organizer. If nothing else, it is keeping my mind occupied right now...which I so desperately need!

Love you three...you are all champs in my book. Later, dollies!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Ok, so far so good today...just the pancakes... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKR5PM1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Maple syrup.

I know, not WFPB...just PB and processed...but ok...I am just so sick of oatmeal right now.

Lunch was just sauteed veggies with coconut aminos and jasmine rice

Dinner an Ezekiel tortilla (or a regular flour one...not sure) made into a taco bowl...no oil...and filled with:

refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, red bell peppers, corn, hatch green chili salsa, cilantro

Now, I am going to try and just do this basic menu for the week. Since I will be so obsessed with my organizing I want to keep it simple. I may switch up the refried beans for pinto beens...also add some corn chili salsa.

Grapes for dessert.

• magic71755
    Options
    I am sitting at work...the sales lady to my left is complaining about her weight...the salesman to my right is telling her to go KETO...

You have eggs and bacon for breakfast...all you want...eat a salad for lunch and all the meat you want for dinner.

THAT is his advice. I'm dying here. LOL Keeping my mouth shut since I am a 17 pounds to high...to a big ol fluffy tummy.

His advice is eat as much as you want, just no potatoes, rice, bread...ONLY fat and protein. ONLY! OY VEY!

Well, I am so going to stick to my plan and just let myself lose ...and then be the poster child for WFPB (with a couple of helpers, processed foods, along the way.

I did NOT say a word. Just listened.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning all you amazing plant people...witchyhatmagicf.gif

Had a really good MY PLAN day yesterday...set for another one today...will have to use a bit of frozen Gardein...but sticking to the no dessert except for grapes...

My taco salad was pretty good. I did use a flour tortilla...and I baked it into a tostada shell. Was tired when I got home from work (after a stop at TJs)...so it was very simple...

tostada shell
    refried beans
    chopped romaine
    corn and corn salsa
    salsa especial from TJs

Tostada salads from restaurants are fried...mine is baked with no oil. Really satisfying.

Tonight's TS will include more chopped fresh stuff...think I will chop enough for two nights...make it easier on myself.

Off to get ready for my Friday...later, my sweets. elvirasmiley.gif
  • ShredWeek1
    Options
    Happy Monday, Plant Folks!

A dear friend of ours was on keto, and then had a heart attack. Now, I don't know what the underlying conditions might be, but her cardiologist attributed the heart attack to keto. Another friend did keto for a year, lost it, then gained it all back.

Apart from being a vegetarian for 30 years, and not being able to contemplate meat, keto just seems unsustainable to me.

I can imagine eating this way for life, I couldn't imagine steak/cheese/fat for life.

But, I neither judge nor comment..except here.

Yep, I'm on McDougall...not on it, I just like the flexibility of McDougall. I'm thinking about the 6 week plan, but I think I'm going to incorporate some of it, e.g., beans.

What beans do you recommend? Thanks my lovelies! Happy Fall to us all!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all... busy day got stuck late then had to run an errand and home to a frozen entree and an apple. Tomorrow I will make sure I get home in time to make the cooked veggies and beans that I planned for tonight. Breakfast was oats with blueberries and chia seeds, lunch was a big ol' salad.

More tomorrow... gotta get a couple more things done tonight then bed.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning, lovelies!

Drying my hair...organizer arrives in 30.

Scale IS going down, sticking to my plan...

Two helpers...the pancake mix as linked above...and on flour tortilla. The rest all WFPB, as long as rice is allowed.

My menu is simple but I can change up the ingredients to add variety. I will go back to my oatmeal maybe in a week.

Coffee
    Pancakes or waffles
    Rice and stir fry veggies
    Tostada salad...beans as the protein

🍎 for dessert.

Later, my sweets!
  • ShredWeek1
    Options
    Hello, Plant Tribe!

I think we're hitting a groove here!

I just ran off an hour by hour schedule, since I find myself getting up at 6 a.m., and at 2 p.m. wondering where the heck my day went. I need to give shape to my days.

Inspired by Magic I'm attacking the "dead zones" in our house. Today the freezer: I gave each of us a shelf, since I find if I have to go through the Teen Foods I can always rationalize eating something I know I'll regret. Just ordered wire freezer containers ...pre-Covid I would have never known those existed.

We've got a Family Contest going on: We each vowed when we first went into lock down to lose 15 lbs and the prize was that once we each lost that weight we'd take our son on the European trip we said we take him for high school graduation.

As everything shut down our motivation did, but now we've just decided to do it anyway. So, our son and I are writing down our calories and tallying them up each day.

As I mentioned, he plans to be a pastry chef, and that is a tough business if you are out of shape...

Take care, my lovelies!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Magic, can't wait to hear how things went with your organizer!

Shred, what a great idea getting the whole family in on the plan.

Another super busy day and I have to get a couple more things done tonight so this is another quick check-in.

B - oats with blueberries and chia seeds
    L - big ol' salad, apple
    D - cooked veggies, cheezy chickpeas
    S = a few triscuits

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Howdy, Plant Tribe!

(*Stealing that term from @ShredWeek1 , as I love it!)

Eeek! I haver gotten behind on check-ins here, and I guess all there is to do, is to catch-up! I am so silly. I THINK of y'all, but when I get behind, I get less likely to make an actual post. Silly, eh?

So, I am going strong on eating to the Dr. F. Eat to Live Aggressive Weight Loss Plan from Eat to Live. I dropped several pounds last week, and am eating a bit more winter squash (which I love!) this week, since all is moving in a good direction.

@Mihani
    Speaking of being stopped by perfectionism, I finally started using the daily section of my Panda Planner, and am liking it. Baby steps!

@ShredWeek1
    I love your "dead zone" work! And I love the family contest!
    Pastry chef -- zowie, what a great ambition! I will 'fess up and say that I love baking, though I do very little of it these days. Once of my prouder accomplishments is that I make good pie crusts. Just not often, these days.

@magic71755
    I'll be thinking of you as you wait to learn more about your knees. Sending hugs.
    How did your organizing work go? That all sounds so exciting!

You inspire me! I did a little decluttering yesterday. I convinced the teenager to confirm which of his long pants no longer fit. The answer: all but one. Yikes! So items cleaned and ready to donate. The new problem is getting him a couple of new pairs of jeans.

I also did some organizing work for the math class I am teaching. I met yesterday's goal, and need to work on it again today. And I did some volunteer work that needs doing -- progress towards getting a group's 501(c)3 filing.

Next, I am being inspired to work on my home office again -- it's a perennial issue.

Food is going to be good today, though I must go shopping today or go hungry tomorrow!
  • magic71755
    edited October 2020
    Options
    2px3m2yeu1mh.jpeg
    Bezu5s93739ols.jpeg
  • magic71755
    Options
    a2yampd8mm1o.jpeg
  • magic71755
    Options
    ifq44g2yqhx4.jpeg
  • magic71755
    Options
    Another beforerzh90i3zmm8j.jpeg
  • magic71755
    Options
    Hi gals, I hope the pictures turned out OK

I still have to steam mop the floor but she was fantastic

not only did she organize everything and took away everything I mean she really took away everything

all the boxes all the dried up paint that homeowner left before

everything and she had places to donate places to put the recycle

everything is gone

she was fabulous she worked 10 hours it was $350 and it was amazing

I booked her for two more days in mid November

we’re gonna work on my scary dump room

and then we’re also going to work in the living room, dining room and kitchen

I may book or two more days after that

Totally well worth the money spent I’ll get back to you guys later I’m just laying down right now and I’m exhausted

I’ll talk to you soon