What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to the mfp groups. I'm going to practice trying to meet this groups' goals starting today. A warm-up. My issues this past year are a hip replacement last Sept. topped off by a broken femur in October. A long recovery and then along came the quarantine. I used to go to gym 3 times a week, but that's not an option now.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Second month for me as well.

Here is a question I posted in the FAQ's of the october challenge. Was interested in input as I sort out how to proceed with November.

@RangerRickL For FAQ #11, what are your thoughts on excluding or including exercise calories? I am finishing up my first UAC this October, and have excluded the exercise for this round. Thinking through the pros and cons for my next. Thx
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    RBnorth66 wrote: »
    I'm also new to the mfp groups. I'm going to practice trying to meet this groups' goals starting today. A warm-up. My issues this past year are a hip replacement last Sept. topped off by a broken femur in October. A long recovery and then along came the quarantine. I used to go to gym 3 times a week, but that's not an option now.

I can empathise with this. I snapped my radius and ulnar in my arm in Feb 2019, then had surgery in the July (kidney donation). These two combined to cause some complications that kept me out of training until March 2020. I was cleared to train full contact (I do a grappling martial art) just as we went into lockdown. It was tough, but thankfully South Africa is down to level 1 of lockdown so we are training again. It’s tough, but you will get through it!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »

Here is a question I posted in the FAQ's of the october challenge. Was interested in input as I sort out how to proceed with November.

@RangerRickL For FAQ #11, what are your thoughts on excluding or including exercise calories? I am finishing up my first UAC this October, and have excluded the exercise for this round. Thinking through the pros and cons for my next. Thx

As far as I understand, you decided on how you will handle this. You set your calorie goal for the challenge, which includes how you deal with exercise calories. You also decide what counts as exercise for you.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »

As far as I understand, you decided on how you will handle this. You set your calorie goal for the challenge, which includes how you deal with exercise calories. You also decide what counts as exercise for you.

Thanks Dory, I found the rules and saw that it is my say. I was looking for pros and cons of using portions exercise calories. So far, I am not.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    October 30, I received this email today. I hope the new owner continues to keep the forums (and this challenge). Time will tell what changes they put into place.

MyFitnessPal
    To our MyFitnessPal community,

As part of an ongoing strategic transformation, Under Armour announced plans today to sell MyFitnessPal to Francisco Partners, a leading global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled businesses.

This transaction, which is expected to close by the end of 2020, will enable MyFitnessPal to realize its full potential as the world’s premier food tracking and nutrition app. Through Francisco Partners’ technology expertise and wide network of resources, MyFitnessPal will be empowered to create more innovative features and tools to help you reach your health and fitness goals, and be better enabled to personalize and customize content just for you.

What does this mean for you?

It’s business as usual, only now we’ll be able to tap into greater expertise, additional resources and greater capabilities to bring even more exciting features to you in the future.
    Coming soon, MyFitnessPal plans to launch an Artificial Intelligence driven food recognition technology called Meal Scan, new guided plans and expert-led workout routines, and dozens of new recipes curated by certified nutritionists.

No changes to our data policies. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and following industry best practices to keep your data secure.

To learn more about this exciting new chapter for MyFitnessPal, please check out this FAQ. Thank you for your continued support and partnership in this journey of fitness and wellness.

On behalf of Under Armour and Francisco Partners, we’re looking forward to the future and even more exciting things to come!

Patrik Frisk
    President & CEO,
    Under Armour

Dipanjan "DJ" Deb
    Co-Founder & CEO,
    Francisco Partners

MFP Logo
    Customer Service View Email Online Unsubscribe Privacy Policy
    © 2020 Under Armour, Inc. All Rights Reserved
    1020 Hull St. Baltimore, MD 21230
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    New member to MFP and first time for UAC. Limited ability to exercise so must rely on food management for weight loss. I want to take off some pounds for health/mobility issues to reduce pressure on joints. Looking forward to part of this challenge as I want to increase my activity level and need accountability for my food choices. Big problem with PORTION control, so daily log is really helpful for me.

Welcome @sandee_shore I'm new as well and sent you a friend request. I think half the battle is showing up here everyday to post - good, bad or ugly! I'm looking forward to losing in November! (weight that is!) 🏋
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @sandee-shore Welcome to the group. This is my second month doing it and I love it and so does the scale!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I’m new here, and had been planning on going for about a week before the challenge started so I have a streak on MFP of 9 days...the scales aren’t showing yet but I already feel soo much better and more in control...

We got this 💪🏿

My boyfriend lives just over the county border from me and normally goes to the gym at 5.30am each day. Due to the lockdown starting this week all of the gyms will close, so we decided to go together for the last time. This meant I needed to wake up at 3.45/4am in order to drive over to where he is based. As my alarm went off this morning so many thoughts raced through my head ‘go back to sleep, it’s not worth it etc’...and a little quiet firey voice whispered ‘let’s go’.

Learning point = plan ahead. If I hadn’t got my lunch / workout gear sorted the night before it would have been so much easier to just pack it all in and had the lie in...

That planning is key for me as well. Congrats for getting up and going.
  • openthegatekate
    openthegatekate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Dory_42 - I may need to be reminded of this later on in the month too 😂
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

@SModa61 Your name always makes me think of fabric - Moda fabrics. Quilting is my hobby :smile:

When I was walking 3 miles on my treadmill every day, I would eat 1200 calories, and then I would eat back a portion of my exercise calories so I would NET 1200 calories for the day. Since then I stopped tracking calories, walking on the treadmill, and stopped smoking which caused me to gain all my weight back. I am now starting again and will be on my treadmill very soon. This time I have adjusted my plan of attack. I am planning to eat 1,450 calories a day, and I will eat back a portion of my calories so I can NET 1200 calories for the day. I hope that helps with your question. I know that you have probably gotten a million different answers to that question, but in my experience - if I don't eat back exercise calories to NET 1200 I will feel weak and get the shakes, especially during certain times of the month as a woman.