Shrinking Assets - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of the calendar @Beka3695! I started my journey around May, but didn't think to do a weigh in, take pictures, or anything - probably because at that point I hadn't totally committed to this weight loss thing.

To start tracking my progress, this past week I went through some photos around the time that I started losing weight, so I at least have something to show my progress - even though those pictures weren't taken for that purpose. One of my besties wants to do some toning, so we agreed we'll take each other's pictures the 1st of every month. We did our first set Nov 1! I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the changes! I of course am now regularly weighing myself (maybe I'll start a calendar too!), but I've also been thinking I should start taking some measurements, but I don't want to measure everything. Anyone do measurements and have suggestions what I should focus on? I was thinking hips, waist, bust and upper arm. Maybe thigh? I dunno. I don't want it to be too cumbersome.

It's my first weigh in with the group tomorrow. I'm hopeful because my last weigh in was only down 0.4 lbs, so I hope that means I was just holding on to some water or something, and I'll see more of a jump tomorrow morning. I'll let you know!
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell I measure too much probably - but where I like to see the most progress and what matters to me, is hips, waist, belly button, bicep. Those are my trouble areas and ones I want to see change the most. I would pick your areas where you really want to track progress. It won't seem cumbersome when you are consistent and get to see those numbers drop! It's a great way to track progress on those stupid weeks where the scale doesn't move even when you are on track. I also measure thigh, calf, neck and bust - but I see the least amount of change in those areas (except my boobs shrinking faster than my belly :( LOL). I just track those for my own knowledge.
  • heatherbluebell
    Options
    Thanks for the advice @lckiehl! Maybe I’ll start with one measure of everything (so I gave it), then focus on hip, waist, belly button and biceps!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's food, minus the chocolate egg. My shark week was dying for something chocolate at work last night
    a63f1v65aecu.jpg
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell you can add your photo and measurements in MFP where you enter your weight. I haven’t added my photo in a while but I haven’t had a big change in my weight lately. I was going to take my measurements again on Nov 1 and I completely forgot. The measurement options on MFP don’t work well for me (not enough measurement points) but it might work for you. I just keep a note on my phone.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday, sorry on Thursday a day late. I totally forget to weigh in. I think I just didn't wanna face the truth, lol. I ate Halloween candy. Correction - overate.
    KittyInBoots17:
    PW:232.6
    CW; 234.8
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Were steps going to be recorded?
    Or are we not doing this anymore?

Has anyone done anything with this?
    Was my weight recorded?
    I don't get any responses?
  • boehle
    Options
    Sorry I have been slacking as Ive worked both jobs the last 2 days, and with certain apps on my day job computer, I cannot always get on here and update things... with that being said... (if you already posted and I missed it... sorry, just let me now)

here is what I am missing on the xls
    @TheMrWobbly
    @beije24
    @peachplace
    @Navallez
    @Daniel081979
    @craftysloth85
    @heatheralamode
  • boehle
    Options
  • heatherbluebell
    Options
    Thanks @cre804! I didn’t really think about using MFP to help track that. I’m totally gonna look into it!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):169.8
    CW (Current Weight):170.6

I was slacking on the logging this week. Not going to beat myself up over a small gain. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Wisconsin is having a nice stretch of weather in the 70's for the next few days so I am going to get out and enjoy it!

• Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Sorry, been a crazy week. I will do more of an introduction tomorrow. Is this where we post our weekly weigh-in?
  • ksandberg561
    ksandberg561 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Ksandberg64
    PW 165
    CW 160.5
    LTD 4.5
  • boehle
    Options
    Hope_bay74 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sorry, been a crazy week. I will do more of an introduction tomorrow. Is this where we post our weekly weigh-in?

Yes it is.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Friday
    PW 351.2
    CW 354.2
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Carriestrine
    Weigh in Fridays
    PW: 195.6 lb
    CW: 198.0 lb
    LTD: 36 lb

Terrifying post vacation weigh in. I have some work to do!
This discussion has been closed.