Midlife Crisis or Just Crazy 😜

Options
I hit 45 and now I’m in panic mode. All the sudden I want to lose weight, exercise and eat healthy. Now my morning ritual includes looking for wrinkles. Am I the only one or have I completely lost my mind? Even when I was young and heavy I didn’t worry about these things. I thought only men went through midlife crisis 😢

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself. Being conscious of your health and of your body can be a wonderful thing. However, fretting about your appearance can be a heavy burden. Why do you think you suddenly have these concerns? Can they be framed in a positive way?
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Getting old is inevitable. One can age gracefully enjoying each stage or one can fight the natural progression of things. I choose to age gracefully be as healthy as I can at each stage. I cannot be 50 and expect to look like and keep up with 20 year olds.
  • TXmal74
    TXmal74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think the reality of our mortality is catching up with us. We can't go back, only forward. I am just trying to make 46 better (healthier and happier) than 45 and every year moving forward.
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I'm just out of shape, not almost 50. I guess I'm young in mind so I care less about wrinkles and aging visually, but more on trying to keep this bod in good condition.