November Goals

VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
Hello to anyone who stops in for a visit!

I know the group is very quiet for the past long while but... I still like posting here even if I am alone lol.

I am doing well getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight after baby two (considering B is almost 2 now!). I still have a few pounds to lose though. And I am strugging with the Mommy Tummy shape.. it doesn't really bother me a lot but it is still quite noticeable when I'm nekid haha.

I suspect I will have to take up weights and ab exercises (ick) to resolve it... but for now I will just try to lose a little more weight.

I've decided also (based on measurements) that I am a bit shorter than I thought I was lol so I am adjusting my goal weight to around 120 lb instead of 125 lb.

My goals for November are:

1) Log every day
2) Lose weight
3) Buy and install heater in the garage
4) Start some form of exercise... I keep saying I'll do abs but. But. They're so weak that even the most basic ab routine hurts other parts of my body as it tried to compensate.

Let me know if you have any goals for the month!

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    I do not have goals this month but I just wanted you to know that I'm still around (although a lot more sporadically) and reading.
  • VeryKatie
    @WifiresGettingFit thanks for stopping in! Its nice to know someone is still popping by once in a while.

I am about 1 lb away from my original goal weight so about 6 left to the new one... no excerise (consistently) yet either lol.

I think we are now leaning toward stopping at 2 kids after all.. deep down i wanted 2 or 4 and chris wants to be out of baby phase before a 4th would be out of it. Plus we would have to move too and i really dont want to do that.... chris also is starting a new job in december and does not want to take parental leave any more.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie I am definitely still around! I lost my streak of like 1600+ days like a month or two ago so that has kind of made it easier to just not get on as frequently.

That's awesome about being so close to your original goal weight!

It kind of sucks when plans change so rapidly, can make it hard to keep up and adapt but it sounds like it is what you both want.

I almost left the group a few weeks ago because I am actually leaning towards no kids at all so doesn't really make sense to be in a group aimed at planning for pregnancy but like you said in the other thread, I also feel like this place has a special spot in my heart since I joined so close to when I first started taking this journey seriously so like I can't imagine not being here even if it is mostly a ghost town now. It's still a town I want to be in.

I will try to check in more often, I guess that will be my goal.
  • VeryKatie
    @WifiresGettingFit Woooow 1600 days!!! My max was around 200 I think. I'm a very inconsistent person lol.

You know... we could rename and rebrand the group... what do you think?

• WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie I mean my streak was great but my actual follow through on everything else (diet, exercise) was not. haha.

That actually sounds like a good idea to me!
  • VeryKatie
    @WifiresGettingFit haha yes I logged in for 200 but didn't log everyday.

Who do you think our target market should be? I like the idea of keeping it as women so we can still talk about all the female stuff.. but I feel like age groups already have all their own groups.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie I can't even remember the last time I've logged my food for the entire day. I mean it's probably been over a year now? I try to get back into it but I just can't. I'm trying to accept that maybe it just isn't realistic for my life right now so I try to do what I can when I can but that isn't really leading to any actual progress/fat loss unfortunately.

I think all ages would be fine (and I agree that all the age groups already have their own groups) but I like the idea of keeping it just women as well so maybe just a general women's group of some sort like the Inconsistent but Supportive Women's group. haha. That way they know that there is support here but it probably won't be constant. haha.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Hello 👋
    Just wanted to share my November goals for anyone out there:
    1. Lose 5 lbs
    2. Log everyday
    3. Try to stick to 1400 cals

I posted before but wanted to just reintroduce myself: my name is Melissa and I am living in NYC. I am aiming for my first IUI cycle next month Dec. My husband and myself are male factor infertile and I have low ovarian reserves, fibroids and hypothyroidism due to surgery five years ago. So basically everything and the kitchen sink. With my hypothyroidism it’s hard to lose weight but I am positive l can reach this small goal.
    Sending some positive thoughts out here!