Say No in November or say Yes in November.. You choose!!

BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
edited January 2021 in Social Groups
I thought with everything that’s going on on the world it would be a good distraction for us to say No to things that make us feel bad or u healthy.

So this November I’m saying no to junk food.
Hopefully by the end of November my saying no will reap the rewards.

What about you all?
What will you be saying no too?

Or let’s flip the coin... what will your be saying yes too?

I’m saying yes to all things Positive 🙌🙌

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    I will be saying "no" to a multi-person Thanksgiving dinner with extended family on the other side of the state, because I think that's not the healthiest choice for any of us, at the moment.

However, I expect to be saying "yes" to some self-indulgence around my birthday (I turn 65 mid-month! 😊), and for my solo Thanksgiving day.

Other than that, my focus will be on staying adequately active as I transition from on-water rowing and outdoor biking season, into a Winter routine. Every year, that's a process! We've had some unseasonably nice weather lately, but I know it can't last much longer.

It's not a yes/no thing, but another big deal for me in November - this coming week, in fact - is planned cataract surgery on my left eye (right was done several years back). It's currently somewhere around 20/150-20/200, basically useless, so I'm expecting big improvement right away, even before the healing settles in and I get updated glasses. (It's complicated, but I've elected to have a near-vision lens implanted. Most people choose a distance lens, to stop wearing glasses full time. That was not my preference, so I'll still need glasses for distance.)

Hope others have some great things to look forward to this month, too!
  • BBee5064
    edited November 2020
    Sounds like you have your yes/no all sorted 👍
    I hope your cataract surgery goes well. Please let us know how it goes Ann. Xx
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Had open heart surgery in March just as Covid set in here in Canada. Partially recovered then got severe sepsis that was harder to deal with as this iv lasted until August. So November is getting cold but it’s great to be alive so I’ll start saying no again to the unhealthy seasonal sweets and yes to more fruits and whole foods. Every day is challenging with joy being able to do what your body allows until healed. Looking forward to the spring already. All the best to everyone!!
  • BBee5064
    Had open heart surgery in March just as Covid set in here in Canada. Partially recovered then got severe sepsis that was harder to deal with as this iv lasted until August. So November is getting cold but it’s great to be alive so I’ll start saying no again to the unhealthy seasonal sweets and yes to more fruits and whole foods. Every day is challenging with joy being able to do what your body allows until healed. Looking forward to the spring already. All the best to everyone!!

Wow you been through so much. Thank you for sharing. Open heart surgery & sepsis. I love your positivity when you said every day is a joy. We wish you all the best as you continue to heal. Sending you lots of group hugs 🤗 & love ❤️
  • LB8160
    LB8160 Posts: 1 Member
    New here. My desire is to start saying NO to foods that are bad for me and yes to more healthy alternatives so that I may lose excess weight and Feel Better!
  • BBee5064
    LB8160 wrote: »
    New here. My desire is to start saying NO to foods that are bad for me and yes to more healthy alternatives so that I may lose excess weight and Feel Better!

Welcome to our group.
    Let us know how you get on with your yes & No this month x