Best foods to break your fast

Options
dulcitonia
dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
So what are your go-to foods to break your fast?

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @dulcitonia I've been eating an ounce of macadamia nuts. Salty, fatty, easy on the stomach.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Think I've settled on nuts too (but nuts are a slippery slope for me). I have noticed some things I think shouldn't be too much of an insulin response make me feel like reactive hypo after first snack.
  • Miss_Missy_Bee
    Miss_Missy_Bee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I break mine with a dirty martini 😂

Seriously, I typically break with one of the below:
    Avocado
    Bone Broth
    Kombucha

When I can’t break with one of the above for whatever reason I break with whole foods such as veggies or nuts, or lean protein.
  • MichQ1904
    MichQ1904 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amway 1 cup of organic bone broth with a 1/4teasp of mct.oil in it. 1 cup of green tea. For 1st meal wait an hr or two then a meat with veggies for 2nd meal.
    https://youtu.be/NvQWxhVv8Dw
  • bentanner25
    bentanner25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you fast for less than 24 hours, it's pretty flexible, whatever you prefer is mostly fine.

If you fast longer, the number one key is to start really small and take it slow.

It's always tempting to eat something big after a long fast, but sometimes your stomach needs some time to get revved up. This is especially true if you're fasting for multiple days.

I usually like to break a longer fast with a handful of love, if you sardines, or something simple like that.

(I know this group is more for IF, but I'm sure some people have considered longer fasts too).