Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Sure did. Still had energy at the end but my shoulders are sore!!

Wow. And a great time too
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 52 minutes
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    12,000 meters in 4 daily swims this week!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options

How did you handle the fueling?
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today; 1 mile @ 53 minutes
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options

I'm impressed with your times! I've been swimming +/- 7200 yards (~6.6km) five or six days/week since August, and I'm usually coming in at just about two hours. Well done, Emma!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    9,000m over 3 daily swims this week until gout appeared.
    Will resume next week!
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Monday, the state shut down health clubs and restaurants due to rising covid cases. The Y closed down the gym, the workout center (aerobics and weights) and racquetball court, leaving open only childcare and the pool. Whew!
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Some days, you know, and some days you don't.

Today, a little freestyle--wondering where in the stroke, power is most effectively applied. Then a little backstroke wondering the same and if I rotated sufficiently.

Did 4-6 laps of dolphin kicks emphasizing the navel (hip?) as the initiation point of each kick and did a few laps of one-arm-fly. A few 25's of full stroke butterfly felt incredibly smooth and fluid. When it feels that good, you know you crushed it. As for the next workout, maybe.

A few laps of breast stroke finished the 40 minute workout.

Cheers!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Last week: 9,000 meters over 3 daily swims!
    Still on Keto!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Some days, you know, and some days you don't.

Today, a little freestyle--wondering where in the stroke, power is most effectively applied. Then a little backstroke wondering the same and if I rotated sufficiently.

Cheers!

I guess just after the high elbow catch with your palm facing behind you to the back wall, then maximum power is applied!
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 50 minutes
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    This week: 9,000 meters in 3 daily swims!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Well government just revised the guidelines, so that may be my last swim of the year 😭
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Thankfully still swimming!
    This week 8,000m in 3 daily swims
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    ElBence wrote: »

I'm impressed with your times! I've been swimming +/- 7200 yards (~6.6km) five or six days/week since August, and I'm usually coming in at just about two hours. Well done, Emma!

6.6km per swim! That is nuts!
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Five miles this past week.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options

I'm working up to 16km. That's the distance of a lap between two marinas in a lake near where I live. There are three open water races in three different lakes near where I live. Complete all three races in a year, and you're a Utah Triple Crown winner. Fewer than 30 people have done it. I'd like to be one of them. The last race is the 16 km one, so I'm doing long swims M-F and adding more on Saturdays each month until I'm at 16 km. According to my schedule, I'll hit that in July, and the last race is in August.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    This week: 9,000 meters over 3 daily swims
    Times are improving so im probably getting keto adapted!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options

I'm working up to 16km. That's the distance of a lap between two marinas in a lake near where I live. There are three open water races in three different lakes near where I live. Complete all three races in a year, and you're a Utah Triple Crown winner. Fewer than 30 people have done it. I'd like to be one of them. The last race is the 16 km one, so I'm doing long swims M-F and adding more on Saturdays each month until I'm at 16 km. According to my schedule, I'll hit that in July, and the last race is in August.

Wow. They say you can swim in a day what you swim in a week, and by that measure you can already do a 30km swim if you had to 😲