Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    One more heading your way ... Please welcome @FoodieNo1 :)
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    Love the cakes! I definitely laughed at the last one.🤣 That was great! You are talented!

I also loved your little "rant" about the scale after Thanksgiving. I ate too much then too. (also ate too much today(Friday). My sister is a good cook and I was at her house both days and like you couldn't put my fork down.😯 Glad I didn't have access to a scale today so I don't know if I gained a little or a lot.🤔
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Aww! Love the Sunny pics! He is so cute!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Kandi 3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 194.6
    CW 194.8
    Gain of 0.2 lbs
    Total lost 73.8 lbs
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/27 steps 9683

Maintenance weight 134.2
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    y4a4sgxhawpz.jpeg

Happy Saturday everyone. Sunny would play catch 24/7 if you were willing to play with him. It is never ending energy! My son made lobster bisque last night and it was amazing! He is actually a really good cook - way better than me!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    A quick check in to catch up

I am happy how Thanksgiving went. I did overeat but didn't stuff myself, I felt in control for a change. Yesterday I planned to have left overs that I also overate but once again didn't stuff myself. Back to my routine today. I also did 2 5Ks! The second wasn't planned lol! I decided to veer off my route to get some extra Christmas lights. Wasn't smart because I ended up buying more and lugging them home. I will post my pics from the 5k after this.

Hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a nice one. Let's finish November strong!

@lennoncpa I just love seeing pics of Sunny! What a cutie!
    @KUMEcyclingteam You never cease to amaze me. Those cakes are amazing! My birthday is in January...just saying ;) (just not that toilet cake lol!)
    @Cafeleia Congratulations! I am so glad you came back way back when I reached out! Not just for you, for our whole team and especially me! xo.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Pics from my 5k. If they loaded in the correct order, it is our bar, the outdoor tent we were allowed due to the Covid restrictions, our church, the golf course (I walk by this all the time) and finally my house!
    I always have trouble posting pics and had to do this from my phone so I hope they posted correctly
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Check in for Friday 11/27
    I spent the night at my sister's house on Thanksgiving, which was nice. We don't spend a lot of time together. She's a great cook and I ended up eating too much on Friday too and not enough water. I did ok for exercise though. I did my PT exercises, 15 minutes of low intensity exercise and my sister, brother in law and I went for a 30 minute walk in the woods near their house.

I've needed new shoes for a long time and got an email that the shoe store I go to was having a sale so I went and got some. I went at the right time since there was only one other customer in the store while I was there and since I knew exactly what I wanted I was in and out of the store in less than 15 minutes.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa Sunny pics are such a bright spot! Love that little guy! And I bet that lobster bisque was great!

Lovely pics @sleepymom5!

Thanksgiving is done - over-ate for sure, but didn't go overboard. Sure, I had a big plate and of course there was pie, but I felt like the rest of the day wasn't bad. Played a little golf with the hubs and my bro and sis in law while the kids fished, so even got in a little exercise.

I know I still need some routine and consistency. I haven't been able to get that going for myself in a while. I need to do more than set a goal - I need to find a way to get motivated and be accountable that'll work for me.

Thinking....

Gotta go get ready to watch the little one play football today!

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    We had Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's with the family, my son and grandkids were there. Chris (GS) is home from college until mid January and happy about that. He didn't get along with his roommate so changing that next semester. I ate two servings of turkey and sweet potatoes - was told I would need t run around the neighborhood to work it off! But the scale didn't move much the next morning. I am good with it. The brownies I made are very good - I ate several small pieces - and apple pie was delicious too.
    I will have to ease up on all this in the next few days so I don't gain too much.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sorry for late weigh in 147.0

I haven’t been working out nor tracking past couple of weeks

Just need to get mentally back to it.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all;

Weigh in for going ape.
    Saturday weigh in day
    Previous weight - 152.6
    New weight - 149.4
    This weeks loss -3.2
    Overall loss 70!

Happy day! I made it to the 140’s. I’m Canadian so no turkey dinner here but my husband did roast a chicken, and I made a bunch of side dishes and it was a larger than usual meal. My youngest requested Christmas crack, which I made but I managed to stop at one serving. Progress.

It’s supposed to be warm here today so I’m going to venture out for the 5K. This week has been a treading water kind of week. I skipped my exercise classes and hardly left the house. We have new restrictions so we must now mask up during all exercise. I’m going to look for a different mask to wear, something lightweight as my face usually gets extremely hot and red. Think tomato.

I’ll be doing some decorating here. I’m happy to start feeling Christmas spirit in the air.

@Cafelelia so happy for you, I love your goal weight reward.
    @lennoncpa sunny is such a doll. :smile:
    @KUMEcyclingteam loving those cakes!!! The little hat on the turkey was adorable.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:159.1
    Current weight:160.1
    +1
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Hello all ~

I'm loving your Thanksgiving updates. Such happy memories.

My neighbour and I went walking this evening and the funny thing was that my Fitbit and her Apple Watch both ran out of charge. So, I went home and recorded our walk on Map My Walk (a sister site of MFP). We walked 6.34 km and saw this.
    vwc1u40wkg55.jpg
    89zdh5qn9qlv.jpg

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    The December Team Chat thread is up! Finish final November weigh-ins here, and then head over to
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816866/weight-no-more-december-2020-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 I've been playing with my food since I can remember (That's what foxes do right?)
    @1theresamcvean LOL Sorry about the "Rant" which may or may not of had political overtones!
    And as far as cake decorating goes, I was inspired 30 years ago when I refused to pay 35 bucks for a Ninja turtle cake from a cake baker..... On that Day my ambition laid way to a new path, and I just started making birthday cakes for family and friends starting with my boys birthdays! Here is couple more so you know I'm not a one hit wonder! lolw4h9oljo12dk.jpg
    kxibbc9g4ih6.jpg
    yc0l2z9mwhc3.jpg
    kb99gmq1zin0.jpg

I apologize for this last one, but I assure you, everything was cake and frosting! lol I still laugh about the reaction we got from this one!

z0mcaehvwatt.jpg

OMG, the creativity. I just looked twice at the hunting season one. LOL
This discussion has been closed.