Options
    My December goals are as follows:
    Daily:
    - No less than 10k steps on any day regardless of weather
    - Tracking & check in here
    - Complete the YT based training curriculum I purchased for the first time
    - Actively engage in this community

Monthly goals:
    - Measure my size on a weekly basis (sunday) to use as measure of progress (do not own a scale)
    - 350k steps for the month
    - No grocery shopping when hungry
    - Complete LinkedIn learning courses that I have started
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Love reading all ur tips and stories. Thanks for sharing.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start each work-day in December with a psychological "win" before I even have my morning coffee .... for now, that is to immediately follow my daily weigh-in on my wii (been keeping a record for 1310 days now) with a 7 minute balance&flexibility Standing Pilates routine from The Girl with the Pilates Mat youtube channel.

Did it yesterday and again today.

I an saying "for now" because once my balance and flexibility for these moves reach a certain point, I will probably look for a second 5 to 10 minute something that works something else, and alternate.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Towards the end of November, I started posting a short 3-4 point Gratitude List on the What's On Your Mind Today thread. Others did too.

It's a positive point to start my day with. I encourage others to do the same (can be off line in a notebook - doesn't have to be shared here!) We "see" what we pay attention to. Why not pay attention to "bright spots" rather than "dark&gloomy" ones? By writing the list down SOMEWHERE, you can look back any time at all the little bright spots you have already experienced.

• BMcC9
    Options
    Gratitude List Dec 1
    • I have a specific plan on how to achieve my "2 stated-so-far" goals for the month (further up this thread)
    • Both action plans are centred around small, short-burst positive actions that will have a concrete cumulative effect by the end of the month.
    • my freshly ground spiced eggnog flavoured coffee (the beans are only available for a seasonal limited-batch time at my neighborhood Bulk Food store)
    • I am keeping an eye out for the seasonally limited-edition eggnog flavoured individual Oikos Greek yogurt I found last year. Another "little special" to look forward to ....
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Hello all. My daily appreciations:

1. My family and friends are all healthy and staying safe.

2. I started a meditation practice in August. I am trying to make it a daily. I practiced a daily meditation more than 1/2 the days in November. I love it. My plan is to increase it so that it is an ingrained part of my daily routine.

3. Even though I didn’t make the November’s winner’s circle here in UAC, I had the fewest pass days this month than any month since January! This is the first November I can ever remember that I did not gain weight.

Have a happy day.
  • giddy2row
    giddy2row Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @readyornot1234 A meditation practice sounds lovely. Congratulations on a successful November!

@BMcC9

3 gratitudes for today are:

1. I appreciate the feeling of my house after I've aired it out even when it's cold.

2. I appreciate the people who work hard to help my children.

3. I appreciate the fried plantains I have for breakfast.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Setting my goals for December

December Daily Goals:
    Tu: ✅ We: ✅ Th: Fr: Sa: Su: Mo:
    Work on strength/stamina: All my stats are in the normal range for my age/height.
    Maintain Weight < 150
    Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 23.7
    Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7 -> 30.9
    Calories < in the green 2/7
    Steps > 7500 2/7
    Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily 2/7
    Active hours > 6 daily 2/6

Some Activities I get to do
    Meditation, walk/jog, Dancing, coastal walks, aerobics, weights.
    Skype with family,
    Crochet, craft, watch TV, Puzzles, read
    Write poetry, paint/draw
    Shopping (with social distancing)

• donna25trinity
    Options
    Love reading all the great tips, advice, experiences and goals!!! Hve started using scales and measuring cups and spoons as a result! Thanks to u all for sharing your stories, it makes me feel like we are a team, all in it together! Good night guys, let's do it all again tomorrow!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Dec 3 Gratitude List
    1. @MaltedTea for the concept of "eat the frog" (asking her to repeat it for those who weren't here last month .... somewhat like applying "eat the worst first" to activities and priority-ranking of work tasks that HAVE to get done)
    2. good general health / functional mobility as a base to move forward from (allow for / modify for being a beginner, but but not needing to work around injury / illness / chronic physical conditions at this time)
    3. that I am finding almost no internal resistance to my new plan of how to use my "between alarm and commute-up-the-stairs" time to include an easy-win to start every work day (my 7 minute Pilates balance&flexibility youtube) followed by playing "Go For The Green" (entering anticipated meals for the day - details adjusted and snacks added later) while enjoying my breakfast and coffee, and reading the UAC posts. I started last Tuesday, and have done the routine every work-day since.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 @MaltedTea
    OMG “eat the frog” is something my boss at the library and I say to each other all of the time, I believe it’s a Mark Twain quote.
    We use it address the things we procrastinate. But it definitely works for so many aspects in life. I’m glad it’s a concept that has worked it’s way into UAC.
    Lol I might have to adjust to saying “eat the frog, it has zero calories”
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Good morning @BMcC9, @lalabank, and all. Glad to hear that the concept is helpful to you. While I posted this in last month's thread...
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    *snip*
    "eating the frog" is a term for time management. You commit to doing your most important and most difficult task first. For me, that's my workouts lol

It is mostly used in a business context. Example here in Brian Tracy's article which covers procrastination and such.

...@RangerRickL found a great graphic (along with another of a drunk Kermit the Frog) 🤪:

ks06cy2zbze1.gif
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @KCJen - I am so sorry to hear all you have been going through. My thoughts are with you and here here to a better December.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Dec 3 Gratitude List
    1. @MaltedTea for the concept of "eat the frog" (asking her to repeat it for those who weren't here last month .... somewhat like applying "eat the worst first" to activities and priority-ranking of work tasks that HAVE to get done)
    2. good general health / functional mobility as a base to move forward from (allow for / modify for being a beginner, but but not needing to work around injury / illness / chronic physical conditions at this time)
    3. that I am finding almost no internal resistance to my new plan of how to use my "between alarm and commute-up-the-stairs" time to include an easy-win to start every work day (my 7 minute Pilates balance&flexibility youtube) followed by playing "Go For The Green" (entering anticipated meals for the day - details adjusted and snacks added later) while enjoying my breakfast and coffee, and reading the UAC posts. I started last Tuesday, and have done the routine every work-day since.

Love this, i hve never heard of this and totally agree with this saying. I find if i don't do my workout in the morning then it just doesnt get done! Well done BMcC9 on setting ur goals and sticking to them!