Replies

• alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 502 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,853 Member

Though I know weight numbers are not the primary focus for us here in the UAC, I want to share that for November (a fairly challenging calorie month) I managed to get rid of 7.2 pounds, and for the October Challenge another -5.0. I am now weighing slightly less than October 2019, which seems like a miracle. Target weight is in sight (129-130 – weight at my nephew’s May 2019 wedding) and doable in the next couple months. I am grateful for the results. Also notable for the November UAC, I entered and walk/ran a virtual 5K. I looked at the results and I came in 154/357 for total entries, 87/234 female, and 19/87 over 50 female. I would have been happy if I even came in last, because I entered. Being in the top 50% is super motivating even though I know this kind of race is not full of competitive runners.

So now for my December UAC. I am starting by raising my daily target calories by 50, and will be re-evaluating this every 10 days, as I want to start easing into my eventual maintenance calories. I don’t want to get go from lower calories to higher calories in a single day. I will be trying my best for the Winner’s circle, but need to be realistic and will at least commit to showing up daily and aiming to be a champion and aim to clean off 2 more pounds during December. Then, during my next 9 days in the Keys, I plan to walk/run to Sombrero Beach and even try to get you a sunrise photo (will take some planning :p ) and get back home. Google maps claims the distance is 3.3 miles each way. At for the rest of the month, my brain can only cope with planning til the 12th. Will regroup again once up north again.

BTW in November, I did not opt for eating back my “exercise” calories like I had planned. My problem with the method of eating back each day’s exercise calories is that that calorie number not compatible with advance planning and tracking, and I like to plan and pre-track my days. So this is the reason I am going try upping my planned daily calories instead and that way I can continue with the pre-tracking that works well for me.

Here we go!

Date: 12/1
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Solo walk/run 0:42:50 for 3.30 miles, avg HR 137 BPM, PM walk w/hubby 0:34:01 for 1.67 miles, 4 min mixed planks
    Calories?: Yes, 1416/1480 + 393 exercise (net: 1023)
    Tracked?: Yes

Date: 12/2
    Exercised?: Yes, Solo walk 0:57:29 at 14’21” for 4.0 miles, avg HR 119 BPM, 3 min planks
    Calories?: Yes, 1417/1480 + 297 exercise (net: 1120)

Date: 12/3
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Solo walk 1:07:03 at 14’46” for 4.54 miles; PM: walk w/hubby 0:50:44 at 22’04” for 2.3 miles; 3 min plank
    Calories?: Yes, 1464/1480 + 497 exercise (net: 967)

Remaining passes: 3
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Exercise:✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅
  • oldDogBiking
    oldDogBiking Posts: 159 Member
    @readyornot1234
    I like thinking about you hanging out by a campfire.
    In my imagination I think what'd be cool is if there were them kind of things they call Northern Lights while you were hanging out there. If my memory serves, I think they got them by where you live.