Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    PW 165
    CW 165.5
    My weight is all over the place really, as well as my head. Need some tips/ advice on how to get back on it again please
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all

Weigh in for goingape
    Last weigh in 149.4
    Currently 146.6
    Loss of 2.8
    Ltd 72.8 ( I think )

Have a great Saturday!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Friday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-30 min stationary bike, 45 min PT/strength and stretching

Great workout yesterday. I am so tired on the bike and my legs aren't as close to peddling as quickly as the people in the video do. One day I will catch up I am sure but at least I am getting in a good workout. No exciting plans for the weekend. Just finishing up decorating and getting organized. I hope you all have more interesting plans. Whatever you are doing, Enjoy!

@bumpbreakcar Welcome! Awesome goals for December! I am looking forward to getting to know you. This is a great place to get and give support. :)
    @lennoncpa Nice loss! It is harder to get water in when the weather isn't hot. I am in a routine now and rarely have a problem getting it in. Maybe you can make a little schedule to make sure you are getting enough in?
    @pacsnc6 I am glad you are done for 6 weeks now. I hope that your side effects are minimal if any. Sending hugs!
    @1theresamcvean Thank you Theresa! You are an awesome cheerleader. I am so happy to be finally making some progress. xo
    @kirsten11872 I am glad you are back on track! This time of year is a challenge.
    @kandi3570 I hope you can a little time to relax this weekend. You are always on the go! :)
    @kiane50 It is going in the right direction! Hope you have a good week.
    @debbiewsharpe I am also trying to limit my computer time. I have actually thought of deleting FB for the reasons you described. I love that picture too. That is what I have been working on for months. It is starting to sink in finally :)
    @brown6267 You are doing awesome at maintenance!
    @Zumba_Luvah You will have that back off in no time!
    @kos33 I have learned that you need to be kind to yourself and just start doing little, doable things to get on track. There is no need for things to be hard or restrictive. Make each day a little better than the day before. You would be surprised, small steps add up and then you build from there. If you aren't working out, try to walk in place during commercials or while on the phone. When you are ready try leveling that up to exercising 15 min and before you know it, you will be exercising 30 min. It works for eating too. Just leaving a few bites on your plate each meal adds up to a meal or two you didn't eat in a week. You can do this, be kind and meet yourself where you are at. xo
    @goingape Whoo hoo! Nice loss!
    @lennoncpa How nice! Does that happen every year? I am very good to my kids friends, especially Shannon's. I should tell her they would make my day if they come and Christmas carol at the front door. With my luck it will be at 1 am with a bunch of drunk 25 year olds lol!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    So I did do an update yesterday I don’t know where it went. I’m having issues with my phone. I will weigh in tomorrow @minstrelofsarcasm, but it will probably be in the afternoon.
    @sleepymom5 congrats on the job that’s awesome!!!
    I’ve been eating more calories this week. I’ve just been hungrier than usual. I seem to be doing well with eating more calories. I’m losing quickly. But I plateaud last week so I don’t know if it’s last weeks weight coming off finally or loss from this week. Super busy weekend for me. I have been going since 5am and I will start at 2:30 in the morning. So I’m off to shower and sleep a few hours. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
    And Welcome @bumpbreakcar!!!

Kandi, I've let the moderators know that you'll weigh in late. Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like you needed the calories. I'm a firm believer in eating up sometimes, it helps with long-term losses.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Having some scale issues today, stepped on this morning and it said "ERR LOWBATT". Ill fix that and check in tomorrow. Good night Rock Stars!

Bob, I've let the moderators know that you're weighing in late. Thanks for letting us know.
  • 1theresamcvean
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry have been MIA - will try and catch up on your posts later x

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    PW - 180.6
    CW - 184

Well, that's just as depressing as I thought it would be :'( Am really struggling with motivation at the moment, and on a complete carb crave. Urgh! I will NOT slide backwards. Please send help - preferably in the form of magic, zero-calorie cookies :D

Big hug, Shelli. This time of year, I think our cave-dwelling genes are making us crave carbs. Maybe just try to fit them into your calories for a few days. I had pasta (I made only the amount I was going to eat so that I couldn't go overboard) with a simple sauce, just tomatoes, basil, and parmesan, the other day. I'm also finding raspberries as a nighttime snack really helpful because, like potato chips, they're one of those mindless snacks that you can keep popping in your mouth. Eating a whole pint myself each evening can be a bit pricy but we have a fruit market nearby with better prices.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 1
    Pw- 151.4
    Cw- 153.2

I knew I'd be up. Ate more than I should plus TOM arrived.

Melissa, I like your positive attitude. On the bright side, next week will be a weigh-in to look forward to. Hugs.
  • 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Saturday team. I have to tell you that I had Christmas Carolers at my house last night. I was in my pj’s so I didn’t turn on the light but I thought that was so awesome!! I live in a 115 year old Victorian home and most of the homes are old like mine! That was just the coolest thing.

Sheryl, I love this! I can just picture it (only because you shared a picture of your house when it was painted).
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited December 2020
    kos33 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    PW 165
    CW 165.5
    My weight is all over the place really, as well as my head. Need some tips/ advice on how to get back on it again please

Some tips that work for me are:
    • When I make a recipe, I divide it into more portions than it says. For example five instead of four. I'm never sure who the portions are designed for.
    • Then, when I'm saving the leftovers, I save them in half portions for lunches and freeze them right away so they don't become midnight snacks.
    • I use the recipes feature on MFP. It takes a while to load them all in, but once you have your favourites in there, it's much easier to add the dishes to your each day.
    • When I'm going to try a new recipe or an old favourite, I enter it into MFP to see if it's worth it.
    • If I really like the recipe but it's too high in calories, I make changes. For example, if it's a stew or a soup or even a pasta dish, I add more vegetables and liquid to the broth, then increase the number of portions. No-one has ever complained.
    • I use luncheon plates instead of dinner plates at dinner.
    • I use bread plates instead of luncheon plates at lunch.
    • I even use salad forks instead of dinner forks.
    • I never use soup spoons for soups, stews, and curries. I use teaspoons so I can enjoy the smaller serving longer.
    • I use a tip that Casey (@GingerPwr) shared with us earlier this year. I weigh myself daily so that I can see how mercurial the scale can be. Then I look at the weekly average. It helps not to beat myself up on weigh day.
    • I learned from Lisa (@cafelelia) and Ella (@hope002) about intermittent fasting and that's helped a lot. I don't like breakfast anyway and the only thing you have to do if you drink coffee or tea is to drink it black. I had already been doing that for years, though it was a change when I started it. I think it was the cereal and juice companies who marketed the idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but technically, whatever time of day you start eating at, you can make that meal the healthiest one of the day.
    • If you love breakfast, another idea is to have a hearty breakfast and lunch, then a light supper. I've seen other's diaries who do this successfully.
    • Finally, reading the diaries of successful people is a good idea. I've then asked for recipes when I see what's working for them.

I hope some of those tips help. They're not for everyone.

You've got this!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 194.8
    CW 190.4
    Loss this week 4.8
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:160.1
    Current weight:158.7
  • kandi3570
    Steps this week
    Sun 2670
    Mon1217
    Tues 12517
    We’d 9297
    Thurs 10998
    Fri 14210
  • 1theresamcvean
    CBC Radio (it's Canadian public radio) has a comedy show called Laugh Out Loud.

You'll laugh out loud at the first skit here - it's about a guy who goes to Spin class with his professional-volleyball-player girlfriend. LOL (thus the name of the show).

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1825656899537
  • kandi3570
    Ummm @minstrelofsarcasm @1theresamcvean evidently I can’t subtract! 😂. 4.4 not 4.8 lost this week. Can’t wait to start this 8th grade algebra homework later! 🤦‍♀️😭
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    I went to the dr yesterday and she said she usually likes to wait for people to be 3 months from surgery before she let's them start exercising but she will let me back in zumba if I modify. I was very excited. Tomorrow is zumba day, not sure if it will happen because we are having a snow storm but we will see. I am also going to look into getting the peloton ap and using it on my treadmill for now until I get a bike.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Hi, y’all. I’ve been away for about three months now. Lots of personal stuff going on with my teenage daughter. It’s been really tough. She starts counseling Monday. I hope it helps.

I’ve gained back half my weight. I’d lost only about 12 so it’s not as bad as it could have been. But I’m not in Wonderland anymore :( Back to it!

For any of y’all that at have joined the group in the past few months, please send me a friend request.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    I mean Onederland!

FYI: I’ve got a trick for cutting down on snacking and drinking bad things throughout the day. Get Invisalign. LOL. My daughter and I got ours Thursday. You have to keep them in 22 hours a day, drink nothing but water when they’re in, and it’s kind of a pain to take them out to eat and then have to brush before you put them back in. I’m hoping this will help me get back to Onederland more quickly.
  • 1theresamcvean
    KristieJC wrote: »
    Hi, y’all. I’ve been away for about three months now. Lots of personal stuff going on with my teenage daughter. It’s been really tough. She starts counseling Monday. I hope it helps.

I’ve gained back half my weight. I’d lost only about 12 so it’s not as bad as it could have been. But I’m not in Wonderland anymore :( Back to it!

For any of y’all that at have joined the group in the past few months, please send me a friend request.

Yay! So happy you're back my friend.
  • 1theresamcvean
    KristieJC wrote: »
    I mean Onederland!

FYI: I’ve got a trick for cutting down on snacking and drinking bad things throughout the day. Get Invisalign. LOL. My daughter and I got ours Thursday. You have to keep them in 22 hours a day, drink nothing but water when they’re in, and it’s kind of a pain to take them out to eat and then have to brush before you put them back in. I’m hoping this will help me get back to Onederland more quickly.

What an idea! You're funny but it's true.
This discussion has been closed.