Tell me something good about today!

Options
bebeisfit
bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
Name a positive thing in your day. It can be MFP related or something that brought a smile to your face.

Replies

• bebeisfit
    Options
    I'll start.

It's sunny outside! Woo Hoo!! It's been gray for days and the sunshine and a bit warmer temps are welcome!

The sun elevates my mood.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    I'm past the halfway point in the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge: 106,496m completed (on rowing machine) since US Thanksgiving, 93,504m more to go by midnight Christmas Eve. Wasn't feeling the workout enthusiasm to say the least (after my every 3-4 weeks multi-store grocery shopping marathon, as I now do during Covid to minimize trips out), but I did it anyway.
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    After a stress-induced binge-fest, I’m back down to my regular weight. Didn’t stress or restrict or obsess or fear the scale like I would’ve in the past! Finally! Proud of myself!

Well done!!!
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm past the halfway point in the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge: 106,496m completed (on rowing machine) since US Thanksgiving, 93,504m more to go by midnight Christmas Eve. Wasn't feeling the workout enthusiasm to say the least (after my every 3-4 weeks multi-store grocery shopping marathon, as I now do during Covid to minimize trips out), but I did it anyway.

But you did it anyway!! Isn't that the best feeling?

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Weather is mine too, today. Second day in a row of sunny and 50. I am planning to run and perhaps do some extra walking too, to take advantage.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Fun! (I might put on make-up again some day. I've actually been thinking about it.) ;-)
  • runrmomma
    runrmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Had a good sleep last night so I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. Work day is going by quickly, sun is shining and I'm on a 3 day logging streak so it's a good day!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Had a great walk!
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    runrmomma wrote: »
    Had a good sleep last night so I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. Work day is going by quickly, sun is shining and I'm on a 3 day logging streak so it's a good day!

A good night's rest is invaluable.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Office (Zoom) holiday party. I'll no doubt blow my calorie budget, but it should be fun.

Yesterday's was that I went and hung out (in a socially distanced way) with my neighbor in her back yard, taking advantage of the unseasonable weather.
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    God blessed me with another day and the weather is so nice. It's a good day to have a good day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    While making dinner (black bean/veggie/chickpea-pasta bowl with cacao & cumin/chipotle kind of stuff) and eating it, watched a live stream of "Throw Down Your Heart". It's Bela Fleck (banjo literal virtuoso, with 14 Grammy awards and 33 nominations, in country, bluegrass, jazz, classical crossover), in which he goes to Africa to research the banjo's roots there, and play with many diverse African musicians. Just wonderful!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    I was able to enjoy a couple fabulous walks.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Had a really productive day overall.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Good day, yesterday -- had a fun holiday party over Zoom with friends, and remarkably managed to get myself out running despite unpleasant weather. Today I really have to finally trim the tree and finish going through my Christmas decorations to see what I want to put up (some stuff is out already), as well as put some lights on the house (as much for winter as Christmas). This should be fun. I'm also going to roast some butternut squash, although not sure if I will make soup or do something else with it.