TGIF!! What's up for the weekend?

Options
bebeisfit
bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
Do you work on the weekend? House stuff? Meet up with friends? Double workouts? Meal planning/prepping?

What's up for this weekend?

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I will be grocery shopping and then cooking something that will last a few days for lunch/dinner. I roasted a chicken the other day so I want to get those bones in a pot of water and have some stock.

I've always liked cooking, but honestly I rotate the same 10 meals (maybe it's only 6 or 7).

Also planning a daily workout and my roommate and I are going to time a mile walk each Saturday to see if we can improve each week.

General housekeeping and maybe a little de clutter.

No meeting with friends as there's a pandemic going on. Restaurants have stopped indoor dining again.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Retirement: Weekends and weekdays are very similar, especially during a pandemic. (I used to socialize more with still-working friends on weekends, now I socialize less at all.) These days especially, but even before the pandemic, I tended to stay out of stores on weekends, too: They're less busy during standard working hours, so I prefer to go then.

The only significant thing I have going this weekend is a Zoom meeting with a local "elder orphans" group (over 55 people without children, spouse, parents in a position to provide support). Please, no one think of this as a sad sort of thing: It's not. It helps to have a group like this to do some of the things family members often do (like drive each other to medical things when we're recovering from sedation or something), and there are unique problems (financial, legal, etc.) that we have that are not shared by people with families. It's a nice group of people, and a super-practical kind of group to have.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I'm hosting a (Zoom) party tomorrow (I ordinarily would have the same group over, so this year there was less prep time). I would like to get my tree trimmed and the rest of my decorations up before then (I have some decorations up), as well as put lights on the house.

I have a genealogy group that is meeting (again, Zoom) -- we report on research and try to help each other -- so that should be fun.

Work had been crazy, but seems likely not to be through the end of the year, so no work this weekend. I also think I have most of my gifts already, but will take stock to confirm

Beyond that, I'll plan to get in a run and walk and hopefully see my sister on Sunday, perhaps for dinner. Either way, I will likely spend some time in the kitchen -- I had really lost my cooking mojo for a while, but have gotten way back into cooking lately, which is fun.
  • runrmomma
    runrmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    I will be grocery shopping and then cooking something that will last a few days for lunch/dinner. I roasted a chicken the other day so I want to get those bones in a pot of water and have some stock.

I've always liked cooking, but honestly I rotate the same 10 meals (maybe it's only 6 or 7).

Also planning a daily workout and my roommate and I are going to time a mile walk each Saturday to see if we can improve each week.

General housekeeping and maybe a little de clutter.

No meeting with friends as there's a pandemic going on. Restaurants have stopped indoor dining again.

I'm in serious need of some new recipes....I like to cook but trying to come up with things to cook all the time is my least favorite. Especially when it's me and two teenage boys. ;)
  • runrmomma
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Retirement: Weekends and weekdays are very similar, especially during a pandemic. (I used to socialize more with still-working friends on weekends, now I socialize less at all.) These days especially, but even before the pandemic, I tended to stay out of stores on weekends, too: They're less busy during standard working hours, so I prefer to go then.

The only significant thing I have going this weekend is a Zoom meeting with a local "elder orphans" group (over 55 people without children, spouse, parents in a position to provide support). Please, no one think of this as a sad sort of thing: It's not. It helps to have a group like this to do some of the things family members often do (like drive each other to medical things when we're recovering from sedation or something), and there are unique problems (financial, legal, etc.) that we have that are not shared by people with families. It's a nice group of people, and a super-practical kind of group to have.

I think that's amazing. I love the idea of people taking care of each other. <3
  • runrmomma
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I'm hosting a (Zoom) party tomorrow (I ordinarily would have the same group over, so this year there was less prep time). I would like to get my tree trimmed and the rest of my decorations up before then (I have some decorations up), as well as put lights on the house.

I have a genealogy group that is meeting (again, Zoom) -- we report on research and try to help each other -- so that should be fun.

Work had been crazy, but seems likely not to be through the end of the year, so no work this weekend. I also think I have most of my gifts already, but will take stock to confirm

Beyond that, I'll plan to get in a run and walk and hopefully see my sister on Sunday, perhaps for dinner. Either way, I will likely spend some time in the kitchen -- I had really lost my cooking mojo for a while, but have gotten way back into cooking lately, which is fun.

You'll have to share with us what you end up cooking! Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. :)
  • runrmomma
    Options
    This weekend will be pretty quiet for me. We are set to get some long awaited and much needed rain. Our entire region is on a three week Shelter In Place again as of this morning so I'm hoping to catch up on some cleaning and laundry...and maybe get a walk in if there is a break in the rain. I will likely make a big pot of soup too...hopefully enough to last through part of next week.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So happy, my son is moving half his stuff home Saturday, he is graduating from Purdue.. no ceremony, sad face. The winter which shows its face in Indiana sooner then December 21 and now, is finally going to begin this weekend so planning on a family meal Saturday, do not know what yet, but will probably be a stew or hearty meal. So will try to get a vigorous workout Saturday morning to counter Saturday evening overeat.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Nothing exciting. I’m gonna live vicariously through you all! 😀. I treat myself to a decadent Dairy Queen shake once a month. I think I’m due tomorrow! 😛😋
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    Today, I was able to spend time with my grandkids, 10 years old and 5 years old plus my daughter. During the day we watched the polar express, after dinner, went to fantasy lights.
  • irobbinmay1
    irobbinmay1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ll be taking a 30 mile bike ride this morning with my cycling buddies. Trying to get the miles in before the snow comes this week and winter really sets in. Then cozy up to a fire in the fireplace for the afternoon.
  • njmomma7422
    njmomma7422 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today I have plans to walk 4 miles. Find a keto recipe for tonight's dinner, wrap some presents, do some laundry, then get on the phone and touch base with family..
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    This weekend I'm decorating for Christmas 🎄 and grading papers.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Anabirgite wrote: »
    So happy, my son is moving half his stuff home Saturday, he is graduating from Purdue.. no ceremony, sad face. The winter which shows its face in Indiana sooner then December 21 and now, is finally going to begin this weekend so planning on a family meal Saturday, do not know what yet, but will probably be a stew or hearty meal. So will try to get a vigorous workout Saturday morning to counter Saturday evening overeat.

Congrats to your son! We live in Colorado, but my son is a sophomore at IU!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Going to try to get a workout in each day and go alcohol free- happy hour is my big calorie downfall. It is snowing, but I'm afraid to go ski because the lift lines are pretty crowded, and, covid.... So, just hanging out, waiting for the kids to come home from school. My son's a sophomore at IU and my daughter is a first year law student at CU.