Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    I apologize again for now being around ... This migraine is knocking me off my *kitten* literally .... day 5 ...I had a bite of my daughter's waffle this morning and the migraine came back harder than the 1st day it started ... I just now log onto the computer ... steps have not been done on the spreadsheet... I promise I will get them done as soon as I can... right now I am going back to the couch to close my eyes ...my house is closed up and dark in here

Megan;
    I am so very sorry you aren't feeling well. I can't imagine what a migraine for 5 days must be like. Please take care, and don't worry about anything but getting well! Can you tolerate liquids? Staying hydrated could help. It is just a thought, as I really don't know anything about migraines except what friends have told me. <3
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 You are doing amazing!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/11 Steps 11,731
    12/12 Steps 8724
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I have been released from quarantine from our Health Dept. Am I fully recovered? I'm not sure, I don't have the same symptoms, headaches have subsided but now I do have a cough, something I didn't have as a symptom. I still tire easy, I had a 2 hour nap today. So I am still making sure my mask is on when out and about as well as staying away from others. I don't venture out much, but I did need to get my Christmas shopping started for those things I couldn't get online and had to get a few groceries. I should pretty much be set and not have to venture out any more and won't because I don't want to make someone sick if I still have this stupid Virus.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    Checkin 12/12/2020
    Weigh ins are Fridays

Steps 2557
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    12th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 18 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 9326

Well, at least my steps are up! Only because I was working today, and usually I'm at about 11k at this time! But I had to sit a lot because of my tummy pains.

I survived though! I am going to take a sick day on Monday though, so I can rest until I see my doctor.

So I am off until next friday. I kinda feel bad because I take 9 days off and then in for 1 and off for another 5, but whatcha gonna do?

I weighed myself today, and the scale is *finally* down which is nice! I am back to my routine. I was going to make a nice pasta for supper, then noticed the can of tuna I was going to use was like 4 years outta date! Oops.... I need to go shopping!!!

And THEN I opened up my bag of food and realised I left my watermelon at home! Ughhhhhh I was really looking forward to it!!! And since there is no eating after 8 for me, I couldn't have it when I got home. Buuuuuuut, I can look forward to it tomorrow!!

I'm going to try and do a mini workout tomorrow if I am up to it but I know I can't over do it.

I'm going to head to bed shortly, so I can get there before midnight!

Stay safe all <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,948 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    I apologize again for now being around ... This migraine is knocking me off my *kitten* literally .... day 5 ...I had a bite of my daughter's waffle this morning and the migraine came back harder than the 1st day it started ... I just now log onto the computer ... steps have not been done on the spreadsheet... I promise I will get them done as soon as I can... right now I am going back to the couch to close my eyes ...my house is closed up and dark in here

Megan;
    I am so very sorry you aren't feeling well. I can't imagine what a migraine for 5 days must be like. Please take care, and don't worry about anything but getting well! Can you tolerate liquids? Staying hydrated could help. It is just a thought, as I really don't know anything about migraines except what friends have told me. <3

Thank you so much Lee .... I am still eating and drinking lots of water .....I was on the mend until I took a bite of my daughter's Belgium waffle this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks ...I closed up my house and slept most of the afternoon .. it still hurts but not as bad as this morning
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,695
    Sleep: ❌
    DBF: 0

Yesterday was a rough eating day. We were moved into a new restriction level only one week after moving up a level. With the new restrictions we can only have gatherings of 5. If we go to my daughters there will be 6. This means for Christmas we will have to stay home. For some reason this hit me hard. It maybe a combination of missing the grandkids and Christmas is so important to our family. Our apartment is in disarray and no decorations. So I ended up soothing myself with food. I am feeling really down but I need to focus on all the positives in my life. I have to remember I am not the only one in this situation. Sorry to be so negative.

We are going grocery shopping in a bit. We have to go to the furniture store to order a few more things. At least this gets me moving around even if it’s painful. This afternoon my husband is going to help me do the top selves of the kitchen cupboards as I can’t reach.

Oh Linda this made me so sad when I read it. Te restrictions here have been lifted with many strict rules. We are allowed 6 people per home and children under the age of 13 don’t count. So with my in-laws we just hit the right number and only because Sam doesn’t count. Maybe they have a rule like this there? This has seriously been the worst year for so many and having this going on during what’s meant to be the best time of year is just depressing and heartbreaking. I’m here if you ever need to talk love ❤️❤️

Megan let me know if you want me to step in to help while you are getting yourself better.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 2 (Friday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    FRI 12/11: 7,507

*Had a very bad end to my week. I guess I let the scale and the stress of the week get to me. Had a very bad eating day, binged and ate off the rails. Starting over today. I just feel like I will never be that fit, healthy person I was at the beginning if the year. Feeling like I will never conquer this weight I have gained and I am giving it my all.

I feel exactly the same as you. I am always comparing myself to who I was a year ago and even 2 years ago and just think I’ve messed up too badly I’ll never get back. We just need to never stop trying. Stopping would only make things worse. I can imagine if I stopped the little bit of effort I’m giving in now it’s over. I will quickly balloon back up to my highest weight. Be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself. And just do the best you can today. Don’t worry too much about tomorrow and we until we I vent a time machine let’s not worry about the past either ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    As I predicted. I’m coming in with a gain this week. I’m incredibly frustrated with myself.

Sorry team.

@lindamtuck2018

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day : Saturday
    Weigh-in week : 2
    Previous weight : 194.2
    Current weight : 197.2

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sat - 6,843
    Sun - 2,453
    Mon - 15,115
    Tue - 16,115
    Wed - 20,661
    Thu - 17,616
    Fri - 13,259
    Sat - coming soon

Go, Mari, Go! You are doing awesome with your steps!

Thank you. I’m glad I’ve got that much going for me at least lol. Hugs 🤗
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in De. 10 and Dec. 11

Dec. 11
    Track - no (binge yes)
    I didn't eat as much but it was unhealthy, big bag of sun chips
    Exercise no
    Steps - 0 (didn't use fitbit but sure it's low)

Dec. 12
    Track - yes (yes on on target)
    Exercise - yes
    steps - 12 736

So, I wanted to thank you all so much for your support, especially @Bluetail6 , @lindamtuck2018 , @littleflutterby, @ScorioGirl70 and @363days.

You guys are so AMAZING! You are a wonderful support. I appreciated your personal messages from you as well Tanya, Linda and Lee.

I did kind of confront the person. It wasn't very satisfying, but I stood up for myself. We just tolerate each other which is fine. We has so many friends in commons that we can't avoid each other. I think I was so triggered because it reminds me of a family member. I have a lot of critical and unpleasant people in my family who I don't talk to very often.

Anyway, I got back on track yesterday with tracking and exercising and feel more myself again. Thanks again for everyone's support. I will write some responses to everyone below.
    Thanks again!
    Laura
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    It sounds like you had a great NSV in realizing that others could now see the accumulation of your weight loss. Sounds like this was an amazing realization and feeling when the other mothers commented on the change in your appearance. That's wonderful!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm so very sorry about the migraine situation. Honestly, I don't know much about them, except that they are very painful. I hope you can find some comfort to help you through this. Also, I hope they can find a medicine that works for you that eases your pain and lessens the symptoms.

@363days
    Thanks again for your support. This book you are reading sounds interesting. I understand the concept of a void in terms of losing your favorite foods. I have had to eliminate many foods just because they trigger a binge. Some foods that are just typical for others are a no-no for me. I find that there are many other foods that I am still aloud to eat and I can find enjoyment and satisfaction in those other healthier and non-triggering foods.

@mari_moulin
    Hi Mari. I'm sorry that you have had such an incredibly difficult year with losses of family members to deal with and anniversary dates of losses which create a lot of pain and require grieving. I agree with @363days that your steps are amazing. Even though things aren't where you hope them to be, by continuing forward with working out you are mitigating things and keeping everything more balanced. Congratulations on being proactive and continuing your fitness and weight loss journey.

@Bluetail6
    Sorry your smart watch is acting up, but it sounds like santa is bringing a new one!
    Sounds like you are doing some smart and practical things to help with your tracking (Habit Tracker which I have to look up) and with your weight loss journey (100-Day goal Journey). You are really working actively on your weight loss and making it work for you. You are doing such a wonderful job! Congrats!

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you so much for your kind words of support. I really appreciate this.
    I saw that you are doing some hobbies to help with binging and eating. This is a really wonderful idea. I've decided to do more creative writing as an outlet, but your ideas of macrame and diamond art are great. I confess I don't know diamond art, but from another post I got the impression is is coloring various shapes. I will have to look it up! I also am a fan of coloring. I have a few really fun coloring books.

Sorry about the new Covid restrictions. It sounds like a real damper on your Christmas. I hope you can find a way to celebrate in a fashion that works for you and that you can still feel safe.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Hi Hustle! I think the gain after a loss would be frustrating, but it could be water or muscle gain. I know muscle does weigh more than fat, and since you are exercising so much you might be gaining muscle. Since it weighs more than fat, the scale could be higher, but in fact you could be shrinking. I think you WILL succeed one way or another. Please don't give up! It will happen! It just takes time and patience and you are doing so amazing with your fitness!

@littleflutterby
    I'm so sorry that you continue to feel unwell. I'm glad that you got a covid test and that you don't have that. You are being proactive seeing your doctor and I hope you can get some answers. I must be frustrating to feel unwell as this stops you from being as active and just makes people feel more down emotionally. I really am hoping things can be soon resolved so that you can move forward and feel better.

@ScorpioGirl70
    Thank you for your post of support! It really made me laugh! Ha Ha!
    I'm glad you are healing from Covid or have been discharged, but sorry to hear you still feel tired. I know you want to move forward with your weight loss, but I hope you can be gentle with yourself as you may still need time to fully heal and for your body to re-balance.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Thank you. I am definitely enjoying the journey!! I had all these stickies everywhere with my food for Saturday. It took me forever to finally enter it all, lol. The filet was soooo good. At least I can sleep in tomorrow, cause I'm gonna take a bath before going to bed tonight. Only the cat and I are still up.... Hubs and the dog had the common sense to go to bed hours ago :D
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Gm all and happy Sunday.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    Thursday- 45 mins kickboxing cardio
    Friday- 0
    Saturday - 15mins walk
    Sunday - 20mins walk.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I can say that I'm more concerned about YOU than the spreadsheet. So something in waffle triggers the migraine? I hope you figure things out - it is so terrible to not be able to function in life.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    GREAT job and you reminded me I need to wrap presents!!!
  • 363days
    Options
    @ScorpioGirl70
    @lelbarou
    I, too, laughed when I read your comment to Laura. I can only hope to be as bold as you are one day! My daughter has told me before "I always know when you are upset because you start talking very softly" It is because I am literally exploding inside and don't know how to say things out loud! I always have a fantastic response later, but then the moment has passed. I'm so glad we have humor to get through our days.
  • 363days
    Options
    First snow in Tulsa! It is beautiful and so cold - realizing there are others in colder climates makes me feel like a "light weight". Thinking about triggers and realizing the counseling I've been receiving has helped me so much. I have had about 5 EMDR sessions, through Zoom, and it has helped to dig down and find out what is at the root of my sensitivity with people. I'm not "cured" but it has given me hope and I can already see my relationships improving, and my reactions to people lessening. I used to wake up in the morning and before the day even started I just felt sad - it hasn't happened in two weeks. I felt sad when reading the Beck book, but I know the reason, whereas before there just seemed to be sadness looming over me. I hope everyone has something magical in your day today!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think I have to stop recording steps for December. I’ve gotten too far behind. Lots of stress this month with mom sick and having to wrap up a semester of teaching. My mom seems to be improving, so hopefully things will get better. I’m going to drop food off at her door today. She lives an hour and a half away, so I’ve got everything packed and ready to go. I haven’t been losing weight, but at least I’m maintaining.
    I’ve been doing Zumba via Zoom and really like it. I enjoy the live sessions because I feel part of a group. Hugs to everyone struggling with Covid!
This discussion has been closed.