Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in, another week gone! They roll around so quickly. Not too much to report from myself apart from met all goals apart from exercise - I got 1 bike ride and 1 yoga session in alongside any walking I did.. aiming to do 3 forms of exercise this week in addition to any walking. From reading everyone's posts, it is comforting to see that we all pretty much have similar struggles and feelings going on right now. As for Christmas next week - can't believe I'm typing that, I have decided that I am going to let things flow as they may and then be ready and raring to go for the new year. It is great to go into the new year with a support group like this, we are all in this together and will smash the new year on the weight loss front :) amazing thought to think about in where we will all be this time next year in our weight loss goals!

CW: 252.6
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 13
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 1835
    Exercise Rest Day

Went back to Sunday as rest day now since my parents are healthy. Spent the day at their house watching football, talking about Christmas plans, and hanging out. I helped my dad build a puzzle table they are giving my grandma (his mom) for christmas. My sister in law came over for dinner and brought her girls so I got some nice baby cuddle time too.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: Β»
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'm glad you were able to find the workbook on Ebay. I never think to go there, I usually order from Thriftbooks and put it on my wish list, they notify me when it is available. I'll have to remember to check Ebay when I'm looking for something.

It is coming from a used bookstore in the states. I should have checked with the used bookstores here! πŸ™„

13th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
    * 2L water βœ”οΈ
    * "fresh air" count- 14 βœ”οΈ
    * midnight bedtime βœ”οΈ
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am βœ”οΈ
    Steps- 3946

Hi all! Just a quickie because my midnight bedtime is looming!

Another day without a workout but still, like the last nearly 2 weeks, still feeling a bit off. I have my fasting blood test tomorrow so have to remember not to eat!!! haha. It's at 11.45, that's the earliest I couldve made. So I'm going to have a cordial drink now, and that will have to do me til about 12.30 tomorrow.

Today was a good day emotionally- watched my soccer game (didn't go the way I wanted but it was ok) and had some chill time, watching funny videos on tiktok... honestly I just like that kinda day once in a while.

And my friend (my adopted momma) came by to drop off the requisition for tomorrow... she printed it for me, since mine is on the blink.

Anyhoo- I will take some time to check in with you guys, I miss my "we" time on here!!!!

Stay safe all *hugs*

Tx

I hope you get answers to this stomach problem soon. I know how much you love your dance workouts. Hugs!

lelbarou wrote: Β»
    Check in for Dec. 13
    track - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 9143

weigh in:
    PW 324
    CW 323
    LTD 47

So, yesterday I weighed 320, but I'm sticking with my Monday weigh in which is 323.
    I think it's better to stick with one day a week to account for fluctuations.
    My weight here on Downsizers and on MFP have been different due to different weigh in days,
    but I'm streamlining this too from now on.

I'm okay with only 1 pound. I don't know why it was so much less yesterday,
    maybe the binge caught up to me.

I know if I keep going that IT will happen! I will lose the weight!

I appreciate all of your support. I means a lot!

Lots of love. πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“
    Laura

Scale fluctuations are so frustrating. There are so many things that can cause them. You are doing so well with your weight loss journey. You have lost close to 50 pounds. How amazing is that?
    Monday check in
    Gained a little over a lb this weekend. Was a little upset but know that it will work out. Had to taste every thing I baked this weekend because I was trying to cook without eggs because my niece is allergic to them. Found out you can use vinegar and baking soda to replace egg whites but you need to increase the sugar to balance the tart taste.
    CW 167.4
    PW 166

I just learned something new. Could you notice any difference in taste?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/13: 7,058
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Someone above mentioned Christmas next week...what???? I had to look at the calendar. It is next week...Oh my!

So I strayed way off track for the weekend (again). So here it is another Monday Reset. πŸ˜‰

Goals for the week:
    1. 15,000 steps daily
    2. No hitting snooze (helps to get an early start on steps)
    3. Stick to calorie goals, skip the eggnog, wine and too many chocolates
    4. Meditate 5 minutes daily
    5. Workouts for the week--run Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; yoga Wednesday and Friday

Happy Monday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    I will be zeroing out the missing steps I do not have by the end of the day
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: Β»
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'm glad you were able to find the workbook on Ebay. I never think to go there, I usually order from Thriftbooks and put it on my wish list, they notify me when it is available. I'll have to remember to check Ebay when I'm looking for something.

It is coming from a used bookstore in the states. I should have checked with the used bookstores here! πŸ™„

13th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
    * 2L water βœ”οΈ
    * "fresh air" count- 14 βœ”οΈ
    * midnight bedtime βœ”οΈ
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am βœ”οΈ
    Steps- 3946

Hi all! Just a quickie because my midnight bedtime is looming!

Another day without a workout but still, like the last nearly 2 weeks, still feeling a bit off. I have my fasting blood test tomorrow so have to remember not to eat!!! haha. It's at 11.45, that's the earliest I couldve made. So I'm going to have a cordial drink now, and that will have to do me til about 12.30 tomorrow.

Today was a good day emotionally- watched my soccer game (didn't go the way I wanted but it was ok) and had some chill time, watching funny videos on tiktok... honestly I just like that kinda day once in a while.

And my friend (my adopted momma) came by to drop off the requisition for tomorrow... she printed it for me, since mine is on the blink.

Anyhoo- I will take some time to check in with you guys, I miss my "we" time on here!!!!

Stay safe all *hugs*

Tx

I hope you get answers to this stomach problem soon. I know how much you love your dance workouts. Hugs!

lelbarou wrote: Β»
    Check in for Dec. 13
    track - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 9143

weigh in:
    PW 324
    CW 323
    LTD 47

So, yesterday I weighed 320, but I'm sticking with my Monday weigh in which is 323.
    I think it's better to stick with one day a week to account for fluctuations.
    My weight here on Downsizers and on MFP have been different due to different weigh in days,
    but I'm streamlining this too from now on.

I'm okay with only 1 pound. I don't know why it was so much less yesterday,
    maybe the binge caught up to me.

I know if I keep going that IT will happen! I will lose the weight!

I appreciate all of your support. I means a lot!

Lots of love. πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“
    Laura

Scale fluctuations are so frustrating. There are so many things that can cause them. You are doing so well with your weight loss journey. You have lost close to 50 pounds. How amazing is that?
    Monday check in
    Gained a little over a lb this weekend. Was a little upset but know that it will work out. Had to taste every thing I baked this weekend because I was trying to cook without eggs because my niece is allergic to them. Found out you can use vinegar and baking soda to replace egg whites but you need to increase the sugar to balance the tart taste.
    CW 167.4
    PW 166

I just learned something new. Could you notice any difference in taste?

There is a mild tart taste that you balance by adding a tsp of sugar extra for every egg white.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

I think I am up to date with you
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    12/13/20

Steps 2,766
    Exercise min 7
    Stand hours 11

It was a rest day
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CW 217.2
    PW 217.4
    LTD 27.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: Β»

I think I am up to date with you

You are all caught up....Thanks :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    CW 167.4
    PW 166

There are many many many egg replacements. Look for Began egg replacements
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    jo8fdeexsms1.jpg
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    1cjem4ytsqmw.jpg
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I apologize, work has been INSANE!

12/8: 7,906
    12/9: 5,385
    12/10: 11,149
    12/11: 10, 423
    12/12: 8,319
    12/13: 9,513

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Weigh in from 12/12: 233.8 pounds.

Not doing great but not as terrible as I thought apparently. I haven't been feeling great (due to lack of sleep and stupid sinuses with the ever-changing Florida weather) We have been getting absolutely SLAMMED with COVID patients all of a sudden. It is like the whole world is going crazy again. I will hopefully be back tonight to give yall more of an update but I have groceries coming now and the kids are going nuts!
This discussion has been closed.