Holiday baking

bebeisfit
bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
I love baking. But I have little self control.

In the past I would make up plates for family, friends and co-workers.

Now with covid.. no parties or potlucks to attend.

I'll hand some out to a few neighbors and drop off some (on their porch) to others.

But it's a real temptation. Definitely not making as many this year.

What's your plan?

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I'm just baking on Christmas Eve for my immediate family. One pie and one batch of cookies.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    I usually would bake about 5000 cookies to give out to friends, teachers, neighbours, etc... this year I will make a few just for my husband and kids (each gets to pick one type).

I’ll likely make some fancy sugar ones for my Instagram too.

We aren’t allowed to visit anyone where I live because of Covid so even though I could likely get away with “delivering “ them I just think it makes more sense to skip this year.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Yes, am making much less cookies this year.

For non-holiday cooking, I normally moderate by baking the day before I go to my mother and brother's. I have a serving the day of, another with them, and perhaps a third. I leave some with them, and if there is still too much, give some to my neighbors.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    I am a huge baker, but burnt out on baking this year. Plus, I am trying to maintain. I did buy some Christmas cookies from a local low carb bakery and they are delicious, but will be reasonable with those too.
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    I am making a few batches to give away, and a small batch for my husband and myself. It will be fun to leave cookies for your neighbors and deliver them to friends.
  • I didn’t bake at all this year. But my 20 year old daughter decided to bake 6 different items. Then split it all up and gave most of it to friends and neighbours.

I have a serious sweet tooth and no self control, so I’m certain I’ll eat most of what is left in our house. The strategies I use to eat less are:
    1) drink water first
    2) eat healthy foods first
    3) wait as long as possible

Merry Christmas!