• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/23 Steps 10,708
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Was there a particular program you followed? Once we come out of lockdown I want to do a simple strength program. The exercise room is not equipped like a full gym but I want a routine.

I've been using the Peloton app (it's only $12.99/month) for strength. I did a kickstart program in tandem with my own lifting as part of a group challenge online, to motivate me. You can use it with your new gym's tread and bike for walks, bootcamps, runs or spins. It also offers yoga, cardio, meditation, outdoor run and walk (nice for spring). It's really helped me through the pandemic.

I'm going to try Apple Fitness and I'm open to other suggestions also. I try to change it up a lot so I don't get bored since I'm stuck at home.

I’m thinking about Apple fitness after the holidays are over and I’m back on track. Let me know what you think.
  • azkunk
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I’ve been busy with the kid’s doing Christmas stuff and definitely ate too many cookies. Good news is that I had my fill and I am officially done with them. My weight was up a little today but I had a big salty meal last night and I wasn’t surprised.

I went for a 4 mile hike today to compensate. I think I pushed it a little too much though after donating blood on Tuesday. The hike was rated as moderate because the trail went to the summit of one of the foothills. It kicked my butt and really had my heart going causing a little dizziness. But I pushed through it and made it to the ridge and felt a sense of accomplishment. The view was amazing and it was just a nice afternoon with just me and the hubby.

I am all ready for tomorrow and grateful that I didn’t have to do the whole Santa thing now that my daughter is 11. It made Christmas so much easier this year, especially not having to deal with that bleeping elf on the shelf.

I just checked my email before bed and got a great surprise. I am now eligible for the coronavirus vaccine and can schedule my dose. I was under the impression that my phase wouldn’t be done until January. So, I’m glad things are moving faster. I hope all of you get the opportunity soon too. How is it working in your countries? Speaking of C-19, @lindamtuck2018 I hope you feel better soon and your test comes back negative.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

12/22: 6,071
    12/23: 8,812
    12/24: 14,249

12/22 was the day that I donated blood and it had me feeling dizzy all day.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 215
    CW (Current Weight): 219
    LTD (Loss to Date): 30 lost to date

Hello Christmas dinner! I’m now on the verge of reaching 100kg again, to explain in lbs, I lost 80 and have put 50 back on. Time to turn it around (I keep saying that). I will return home in a week where I live alone so I’ll be in more control about what comes into the house and across my lips. Make a plan and stick with it, right? With the new year approaching and resolutions and all that, it’s the perfect time, isn’t it?

Happy Christmas all of you, keep going, you’re all inspiring and amazing to me!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    To all that celebrate! fftm1l1m2yc7.jpeg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/24 15,188

Check-in 12/24
    1. No snooze ✔️
    2. Steps ✔️
    3. Meditate ✔️
    4. Within calories ✔️
    5. Exercise ✔️

Probably a different story today...

Merry Christmas ⛄🎄🕊️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,551 Member
    Options
    PW 218.4
    CW 219.6

Not surprised with a gain. For one, I very seldom lose weight when sick and my daughter sent over goodies last night that was very salty. I video chatted with the grandkids while they opened their presents this morning. I spent most of the day asleep. My daughter is sending over turkey dinner soon and I am going back to bed after that. I am hoping tomorrow I am back on my feet.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Can you remove me from step challenge until the January challenge?

I will keep you on the spreadsheet and just put excused next to your name .... I hope you feel better soon ...hugs
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/23 13,340
    12/24 9,962

It has been warmer the past few days so I was able to get some walks in. Yesterday was much higher steps but Fitbit was charging. Completed my workouts yesterday and today with my new MBF program (muscle burns fat). It is new trainer so not sure if I love it yet.

The one good thing about Xmas during covid is that without our usual traditions I have been eating healthier. My husband made his families traditional Xmas breakfast of French toast logs, which are fried. I had scrambled eggs, fruit and one log versus stuffing myself with them and bacon.

Merry Christmas everyone! Here’s to finishing off the year well.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I’ve been busy with the kid’s doing Christmas stuff and definitely ate too many cookies. Good news is that I had my fill and I am officially done with them. My weight was up a little today but I had a big salty meal last night and I wasn’t surprised.

I went for a 4 mile hike today to compensate. I think I pushed it a little too much though after donating blood on Tuesday. The hike was rated as moderate because the trail went to the summit of one of the foothills. It kicked my butt and really had my heart going causing a little dizziness. But I pushed through it and made it to the ridge and felt a sense of accomplishment. The view was amazing and it was just a nice afternoon with just me and the hubby.

I am all ready for tomorrow and grateful that I didn’t have to do the whole Santa thing now that my daughter is 11. It made Christmas so much easier this year, especially not having to deal with that bleeping elf on the shelf.

I just checked my email before bed and got a great surprise. I am now eligible for the coronavirus vaccine and can schedule my dose. I was under the impression that my phase wouldn’t be done until January. So, I’m glad things are moving faster. I hope all of you get the opportunity soon too. How is it working in your countries? Speaking of C-19, @lindamtuck2018 I hope you feel better soon and your test comes back negative.

My oldest is 10 and I am surprised she still believes, mostly happy about it. But the stupid elf, I stuck ours in a jar for 14 days with a mask to quarantine and then after that he only moved every few days.

Congrats on your date to get the vaccine!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/24 Steps 13,866
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Merry Christian. This is what I had on Thursday at work.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in Dec. 24 and Dec. 25

Dec. 24
    track - yes.
    Exercise - no.
    Steps - 0 ( did not use fitbit)

Dec. 25
    Track - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps 15050
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Was there a particular program you followed? Once we come out of lockdown I want to do a simple strength program. The exercise room is not equipped like a full gym but I want a routine.

I've been using the Peloton app (it's only $12.99/month) for strength. I did a kickstart program in tandem with my own lifting as part of a group challenge online, to motivate me. You can use it with your new gym's tread and bike for walks, bootcamps, runs or spins. It also offers yoga, cardio, meditation, outdoor run and walk (nice for spring). It's really helped me through the pandemic.

I'm going to try Apple Fitness and I'm open to other suggestions also. I try to change it up a lot so I don't get bored since I'm stuck at home.

I am assuming they have to close the pool and exercise room in the building due to lockdown. This is worth investigating.

Thursday Weigh Day
    CW: 248.4
    PW: 252.4

Up and down but this week is down🙂.

Steps 12/23: 16,346

1. No snooze ❌
    2. Steps ✔️
    3. Meditate ✔️
    4. Exercise ✔️
    5. Within calories ✔️

Awesome loss! I use my phone as my alarm and set it with no snooze. You are doing really well with your goals.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post December 23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3791

Quick post here, was up pretty late last night, which means I slept in this morning and am now getting everything ready for today. Yesterday I made paleo Peppermint fudge and molasses spice cookies, Texas Chili and Chicken veggie soup all to bring to my parents for tonight. Today I have some maple cinnamon almonds drying in the oven, it smells good in here haha. Need to load up my car with presents for our first day of gift opening!

All that sounds so yummy. I hope your Christmas was lovely.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Bluetail6
    Thursday
    PW: 168.2
    CW: 167
    LTD: 27

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate :):)

Great loss! You are doing amazing! Can you give the group some tips you are using to help with your success?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

That salt is a killer. I know my weight dropped this morning after the salty foods I ate Christmas Eve. I am so happy you are getting your Covid-19 vaccine. It is so important to take care of our health care workers. In Canada we have no manufacturing abilities for the vaccine so it has to be bought and shipped. Each provinces gets so much of the vaccine and I believe how much is based on the population of the province. Right now health care workers are the main focus. They are hoping by September everyone who wants a vaccine will have one.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 215
    CW (Current Weight): 219
    LTD (Loss to Date): 30 lost to date

Hello Christmas dinner! I’m now on the verge of reaching 100kg again, to explain in lbs, I lost 80 and have put 50 back on. Time to turn it around (I keep saying that). I will return home in a week where I live alone so I’ll be in more control about what comes into the house and across my lips. Make a plan and stick with it, right? With the new year approaching and resolutions and all that, it’s the perfect time, isn’t it?

Happy Christmas all of you, keep going, you’re all inspiring and amazing to me!

I feel you on the weight gain. I am also hoping once we get moved things will start setting down and I can focus on weight loss.

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-ins-Friday
    PW: 227.0
    CW 225.3 (loss 1.7 lbs)
    LTD 43.7 lbs
    Great job Megan!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps
    12/23 13,340
    12/24 9,962

It has been warmer the past few days so I was able to get some walks in. Yesterday was much higher steps but Fitbit was charging. Completed my workouts yesterday and today with my new MBF program (muscle burns fat). It is new trainer so not sure if I love it yet.

The one good thing about Xmas during covid is that without our usual traditions I have been eating healthier. My husband made his families traditional Xmas breakfast of French toast logs, which are fried. I had scrambled eggs, fruit and one log versus stuffing myself with them and bacon.

Merry Christmas everyone! Here’s to finishing off the year well.

Hopefully, after a few workouts you will like it better. Great job on your breakfast control!

lelbarou wrote: »
    check in Dec. 24 and Dec. 25

Dec. 24
    track - yes.
    Exercise - no.
    Steps - 0 ( did not use fitbit)

Dec. 25
    Track - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps 15050

That’s some awesome steps on Christmas Day!
This discussion has been closed.