2020 Run the Year Group

191011121315»

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    My goal for 2020 was 1700 miles running (I probably had over 4000 miles total on my watch) and even tho I injured myself in Aug, I still managed to reach it. I thought it would be fun so I am joining the 2021 challenge for next year and look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Merry Xmas eve fellow runners!

SummerinTxwhereitisfreezingthismorning
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I think I may count everything this year. When I include all steps I usually average just under 1900 miles per year so it will definitely be a challenge to get to 2021. I would like to be on a team as long as the teammates are ok with me counting all steps and not just dedicated running and walking. 

Only just seen this. I include my steps mainly because there's no way I could run over 2000 miles OR km, and I don't always record my walks. I have a desk job and work from home in a small apartment, so not all that many of my steps are 'unintentional' anyway.

I just about managed to pull off the 2020 miles that way this year.
    Signed up for next year ages ago, treated myself to the medal and stuff and am waiting for it to arrive. Would love to team up with someone this time, I hope to run the 1,000 miles I'll just miss in 2020.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    So it looks like we have enough to start teams.

@RisingAboveIt - How many miles do you plan to run in 2021? If you are interested in group to help keep you motivated you might check out the monthly challenge too. You can see December here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816823/december-2020-monthly-running-challenge#latest
    The link for January 2021 will be posted there in the next couple days.

I had planned to run/walk 2020 KMs or 1255 miles this year and I am about 150 miles short. If I had been able to run my normal planned 100 miles/month plus a bit I would have made it (I did make it counting all my steps from agility class and the like). So that is still my plan for 2021.

Depending on if we get more participants I think setting up 2 or 3 teams for now and adding in anyone with shorter mileage goals?
    Let me know what you want to do. I am going to set up a 2021 Run the Year group too and will post the link here.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    I already joined a team with @SummerSkier and @mk2fit. I'm not sure how many miles we each pledged. I think that SummerSkier is planning on joining the MFP Running Challenge thread in January, and I would like our team to be part if this group too. @mk2fit have you checked out the monthly running challenge thread? It's a really great group of people.
  • shanaber
    Sounds good @kgirlhart. What is the name of your team?

@eleanorhawkins and I can create a team with @RisingAboveIt or each captain a team.
  • shanaber
    I set up the 2021 group discussion here and tagged everyone that I thought were interested. @Tramboman or @quilteryoyo if you decide you want to join in or just follow along with us please come on over! We can put you in at low(er) mileage where you can help contribute to a team effort!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819062/2021-run-the-year-group#latest
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    Thanks @shanaber. Our team is called: bONmOT.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Thanks @shanaber. Our team is called: bONmOT.

That's a witty remark...
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    So it looks like we have enough to start teams.

@RisingAboveIt - How many miles do you plan to run in 2021?

I will set a goal of 500 miles for 2021.