Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    I hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday! Thanks @jugar for helping out and being awesome!

Today I was very pleased with my weight loss- considering my exercise has been so minimal. I didn't work out this morning, but I plan to tomorrow as long as my tummy pain holds off. The last few days have been pretty bad. Still waiting on the ultrasound people to call back so I can make an appointment.

It's been a nice PJ day today. Resting and enjoying a day off.

I'm working NYE and NYD this week, which'll be busy.

I'm still under a bit of stress- my manager is transferring locations. And it's a little bit further out of the way. I've asked if I can transfer with him- I have a lot of anxiety around working under someone else. He is going to see if he needs another supervisor. I told him I can close more often for him, if he needs that.

I'm also starting my course this week!! Jan 1st is the first day (So I'll officially start on the 2nd.) I'm super excited!!!!

I can't remember if I posted in here already about my goal list for the year ahead. Sorry if it's a repeat lol.

But in the next 12 months I want to achieve the following things (This was written on Christmas Day)

1) Lose 100lb- target weight 220lb
    2) Complete 5 courses in school
    3) Save an extra $2000 towards school etc
    4) Run a mile (without stopping, and preferably without passing away :/ )
    5) Write a personal recipe book with healthy meals

I did a success plan for each one, and it's nice to set a guideline.

So the progress so far is I'm already 3.4lb completed towards the first goal- only 96.6lb to go! haha

I'm going to go and do some self care (after checking out the weekly challenge thread, I've been meaning to all day)

Stay safe all, 2 more days to go and we have a new year to look forward to!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi Jugar,

I already posted my weigh in on my weigh in day yesterday on page 48 of this thread :)
    Sorry I missed it! it helps if your weigh-in is at the top of the post... easier to catch! Thanks!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @lelbarou, happy birthday to you!

Hope that you had a great day.

12/29
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz water.
    Walked 15 minutes at 2mph. @Megan_smartiepants1970

Did not make it to the gym. Spent the morning, taking down the outdoor CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, wrapping the central air unit, feeding the birds and shopping at the grocery store. Looks like we are only going to get 8" snow here. The worst of it is ten miles south of me but not expected to stop snowing until tomorrow at noon. Thank god, it is fluffy snow that will go through the snow blower instead of the wet, heavy stuff that was predicted.

Take care and wishing everyone a healthy new year.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    scorpiogirl70
    checkin for 12/29/2020

steps 1453
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Thank you for all the Happy Birthday's .......Greatly appreciated :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    CHECK IN: WEEK 5 (Tuesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    TUES, 12/29: 2,748

*Having a most off-track and terrible week. No exercise today and ate off the rails again. I need to get back in control. It's a poor excuse, but I am surrounded with food this week and it's been overwhelming my willpower.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Thank you so much :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS

*Having a most off-track and terrible week. No exercise today and ate off the rails again. I need to get back in control. It's a poor excuse, but I am surrounded with food this week and it's been overwhelming my willpower.

I am sure you will get back on track come the 1st :) Make a plan and stick to it ...You got this :)
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    CW 217.4
    PW 216.4
    LTD 27.6

Sorry I'm a couple days late!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Dec. 29 check in
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - lots
    Steps - 14 897

Sorry I haven't been posting much. Christmas is a bad time for me. Everyone talks about how wonderful is and how they see their family and everything is just great! Some of us don't have family and it's a bad time because you see everything you don't have and that everybody else does. Anyway, I'm bouncing back because the season of Christmas is pretty much over. I don't mind New Year's as a holiday!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I didn't lose much this past week even though I wasn't eating too much. Who knows why?

I hope we all can get on track and losing weight now that we are approaching the new year!
  • littleflutterby
    @lelbarou, happy birthday to you!

Hope that you had a great day.

12/29
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz water.
    Walked 15 minutes at 2mph. @Megan_smartiepants1970

Did not make it to the gym. Spent the morning, taking down the outdoor CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, wrapping the central air unit, feeding the birds and shopping at the grocery store. Looks like we are only going to get 8" snow here. The worst of it is ten miles south of me but not expected to stop snowing until tomorrow at noon. Thank god, it is fluffy snow that will go through the snow blower instead of the wet, heavy stuff that was predicted.

Take care and wishing everyone a healthy new year.

It sounds like a great workout in itself- getting the decorations down!!!

Glad you're not going to get hit as hard as expected. We have had more snow this year than I think I've seen since I moved to Toronto.

I kept saying to people- I only really moved to Canada because I wanted a white Christmas. We had 1 in 1993 (I was 5 years old lol) The snow didn't stick but it was at least falling.

This year we got it! So now the snow can just stop, melt away and be done with it.... Apparently it doesn't quite work like that haha
  • littleflutterby
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS

Oh I totally understand. I spent years on that merry-go-round. Hopefully with the new year coming up that can be a fresh start for all of us. If we can help, please let us know!!! Is there anything that could help with motivation?

<3
  • littleflutterby
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @Megan_smartiepants1970 !!

I´m really sorry that I am coming so little lately. I don´t know when I will be able to be here more as I was doing before. I also realised that I gave wrong my last steps.
    I really HOPE 2021 comes better. I am a bunch of stress lately.

My weight:
    07/12/2020 133 kg 293.2 lbs
    14/12/2020 133.2 kg 293.6 lbs
    21/12/2020 132.5 kg 292.1 lbs
    28/12/2020 134.4 kg 296.3 lbs

My steps
    26/12/2020 11.760 steps
    27/12/2020 7.840 steps
    28/12/2020 22.492 steps
    29/12/2020 10.810 steps

So happy to see you here! Hope things get less stressful for you in the coming days/weeks. I miss you!!
  • littleflutterby
    363days wrote: »
    @littleflutterby
    It is scary to work for a new boss. I just started a new job 3 weeks ago and it takes so long to have that feeling of comfort. Just from your posts I can tell you would be SO FUN to work with and obviously you are a "kick *kitten*" worker. Anyone will be pleased to have you with them. I love, love, love your goals and for me the one about the personal cook-book stands out. I run out of ideas, forgetting about what has worked in the past, and then eat junk food. I'm working on some goals, too, and look forward to sharing.

Oh thankyou hun, that's sweet of you to say.

I've worked with this company for over 5 1/2 years (My first and only job in Canada). My current manager is the guy that hired me back in 2015. And in the september of that year he transferred to open a new location. He asked me to go with him but at the time, I wasn't willing to go from a 15 minute commute to a 75 minute one! The manager after him was lovely, I actually got promoted under her. But after she left, I had a terrible experience with the manager after. A lot of bullying, accusing of doing allsorts. In the end, I transferred to a location closer to home but I hated it there. So after 5 months, I messaged my first manager, asking him to take me. And he did! It'll be 3 years next month. In the beginning, my confidence was so low. He even asked me once "what the hell did they do to you?" because I used to be so confident in my work, and happy to be at work. I was left with constant panic attacks and just a fear of everything.

But 3 years later- I can do a closing shift without staying up til 6am, worrying that we screwed up and I'd get a text from an opening supervisor. I don't even need to the list that I made up to ease my anxiety!!!

So there is a lot of concern about not working under my current manager. I'm sure either way, it would work out, but since I'm not planning on working here forever (that's why I'm going back to school, I want to get myself a career!) I think if it's an option to go with him, I really should.

Anyway so that's my story in a nutshell haha.

And with the recipe book- I used to do a weight loss blog- when I first lost my weight. And I did recipes and stuff. I don't do the blog anymore, but I really want to have something on paper, because I find so many good recipes that I have tweaked to make them low fat/no added sugar etc, but then I forget how the heck I did them!!!! So hopefully this will help.

It might even get me cooking more- which is always a good thing!!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member

I am sure you will get back on track come the 1st :) Make a plan and stick to it ...You got this :)

Thanks Megan, I am hoping to get back on track for January and stay there this time. Tired of the up and down of losing and regaining though Covid.
    363days wrote: »
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    You can do this!! It is a terrible feeling when we feel like we are not the one in control but we are. Enjoy the holiday knowing you have the ability to step it up and get back on track.

I am trying to not punish myself for enjoying my time with family, but I am falling back into bad habits fast with the foods. I need to come up with a new plan for the new year. Thank you!
    Oh I totally understand. I spent years on that merry-go-round. Hopefully with the new year coming up that can be a fresh start for all of us. If we can help, please let us know!!! Is there anything that could help with motivation?

<3

I am on a vicious cycle of ups and downs since Covid hit last March. I just need to get out of this house! I cannot stick to routine because everyone knows I am home and then the list of things I can do for everyone becomes overwhelming and it's hard to say no. I lose lots of 'me time' now. I am just praying (for every reason there is) that the vaccine works immediately and long term too, with no side effects in the future.

Thanks for supporting everyone here so well. You are so cherished!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    You are very welcome @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    CW :187
    PW: 186.6
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: .2

Steps tracked 10,768

I keep bouncing back and forth within a couple of pounds. Hopefully I can get that to change soon. I so need to be busy again and have a purpose instead of just sitting around the house. Hopefully sometime at the within the first few months I will find out if I get to go back to work and if not it will be time to start over after 20 years.

This discussion has been closed.