Options
124»

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello!

Magic I hope you don’t have Covid but if it is I hope you have a mild case. 3 weeks ago a dear friend who is 73 had it, her husband and sister got it. All had mild cases.

Brooks has had zero reaction from his Covid vaccine. He will have 2nd booster in January.

Austin - your story is amazing and yes I would love some recipe ideas. Sugar is addictive.

Mihani - 2 weeks ago we had a prep-batch day. Made and froze 3 different soups with almost all the same ingredients but different flavors and beans. Made chili from OSG, made vegetable soup from James Beard and Vegetarian curry soup. All contained onions, carrots, celery and Vegan Better than bouillon. Then added different vegetables. Have 2 more meals left. Figure after Xmas I will have another prep day and make soup.

Welcome Timindo! We have been buying the small sweet potatoes that are easy to roast. I cook about 10 at a time and we have 1 or 2 for a snack. Need to weigh them because the are small. The skin comes off easily after roasting and I give that to the dogs.

We went for a beautiful walk on the Riverwalk. 3.5 miles. Then I had a weird lunch. Fried Brussels sprouts and a grapefruit cocktail. My stomach is very upset.

Score at Tuesday a.m. for Xmas gifts. They had 2 wonderful tea brands, Harney & Sons and Tea Forte. I had bought tea cups with filters f.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Hi all, still super duper busy! I will be doing quick check-ins this week.

Magic, I sure hope you continue to improve and that it's NOT covid.

Hi Austin!

Bisky, I love the OSG chili. I swear that woman has some sort of supernatural gift with soups. I've never made one that wasn't awesome. I will have to check those teas out. I don't drink coffee at all anymore but love my tea.

Work to do gotta fly!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

This evening's cooking adventure was a plant-based chili for my husband. I followed a recipe from Plant Based Cooking Made Easy but added chipotles in adobo sauce. That sauce contains a bit of sugar, but it made for a chili he is excited about.

Mihani, I will have to try the OSG chili next.

Bisky. The walk sounds lovely. And that lunch. Fried Brussels sprouts and a grapefruit cocktail would make my stomach upset, too, I think.

Thinking of you this evening, Magic, and hoping all is continuing mild and manageable, whatever it is.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,826 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Making miso flavored broth with rice ramen and broccoli. Still no taste nor smell. Day four . No results yet.

Think I will add mushrooms.

Had coffee this morning.

Will have cauliflower later . Just so Lulu can have some.

Maybe air fried potatoes and ketchup for dinner.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day! 🕎🎄🌟❤️🕎🎄🌟❤️
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey there, Magic,

I love that you have a dog that likes cauliflower! I am reminded of a very special cat I had (who had me?) who loved marinara sauce.

I am glad you are taking care of yourself! Continuing to feed yourself well is so important. It's great you are doing that.

🕎🎄🌟❤️ Happy days to all! 🕎🎄🌟❤️
  • Mihani
    Options
    Magic, hope you get results soon and are feeling okay. Hugs to you and Lulu.

Austin, here's the OSG recipe for chili: https://ohsheglows.com/2014/02/05/my-favourite-vegan-chili-with-homemade-sour-cream/

I also am absolutely crazy over her black bean and butternut squash burritos. They are a bit of work but so worth it and it makes a HUGE batch so you have lots of leftovers. https://ohsheglows.com/2011/10/24/black-bean-and-butternut-squash-burritos/ When I make the cashew sour cream for these I use lime instead of lemon and throw fresh cilantro into the blender. Gives you a lovely light green sour cream that compliments the burritos! That was my own invention and I was quite proud of it. It has probably been a couple years since I've made the burritos but I'm craving now. Maybe over Christmas weekend. The leftover filling is great on salads.

Another soup I adore is https://www.theveganroad.com/recipes/roasted-butternut-squash-pear-soup/ I left out the oil. Word that comes to mind is this soup is "velvety".

Off to get more work done!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention. My dog LOVES veggies. He is front and center when I'm setting up my salads. He likes almost everything except kale and lettuce and spinach. He loves collards and carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, summer squash, beets, green beans, sweet potato. I don't let him have much of the cruciferous though... makes him gassy and he sleeps in the bed! LOL
  • magic71755
    Options
    Good afternoon my sweet peas

I wrote a nice long message and I lost it

I’m just like laying down and I’m gonna take a nap I did test positive so I’m going to continue doing what I’m doing and I will check back with you guys later thanks so much for the support
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh crap Magic! I am so sorry to hear that. Glad you are planning to continue taking good care of yourself. What a way to spend Christmas. *hugs* and positive vibes your way for a speedy recovery.

Another busy day! I think it will only be me and my boss in the office tomorrow but we'll close it up early. I am going to take the time from when we close up tomorrow through Saturday OFF. I am not even going to check emails. Then back to the real world on Sunday and get some work done and get ready for the crazy last week of the year. I will spend Saturday relaxing, reading, catching up laundry and housework.

• Mihani
    Options
    yjgooq7lpn97.gif
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hope you all have a great Christmas Day. I appreciate the support and inspiration from all of you all year long!

I ordered Emily Boller's book and started reading it last night. It's good so far. Emily was featured in Dr. F's book Eat to Live. She lost 100 pounds over the course of a year and has maintained her nutritarian lifestyle while dealing with a lot of stress and traumatic events in her life.

Magic, I hope you are doing okay.
  • magic71755
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Merry Christmas my sweet peas.

Beautiful graphic , Mihani...thanks for the good wishes.

Just took a shower...feeling more human.

Missed yesterday’s shower...not good. Makes a huge difference.

Today’s menu

Coffee
    Just Egg Folded with jam
    Lunch hash browns in the panini grill...share with Lulu
    Dinner... Dr. McDougal cuppa soup.

Fruit cuties...lots of em

Tea.

No taste still. 😳. But maybe smelling a bit ,.. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.

HAVE A wonderful day...love that you are taking a bit of a break, Mihani.

Austin, big thanks for all the links. Once I can concentrate, I will read everything. Brain fog right now.

Everyone at work AND my sister volunteered to bring food and anything I needed. But I am fully stocked.
    🌟❤️🎄🌟❤️🎄🌟❤️🎄🌟❤️🎄

• magic71755
    Options
    Revised
    Coffee
    Banana
    MC D soup
    Cuties
    Toast and jam

The toast worked the best ...no energy

Sleeping a lot

Slight temperature

Stay well friends

Calling primarily on Monday
  • magic71755
    Options
    Best I have felt in ten days

Coffee
    Toast and jam

Ordered cold pressed juices from sprouts

Will have a veggie sandwich later

I am starting to get my taste back a little and my smell so I’m so grateful

Was close to ordering some eggs so I could have scrambled eggs because I just had no energy this morning but as soon as I had the toast and jam I just really perked up so I decided to not get the eggs I’m glad I didn’t
  • Mihani
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi Magic, Dr. Van Dyken had a video not long ago about regaining sense of smell using essential oils...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkn2YLVPysU

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

Got a late start today. Got up early as always but read for a while and then napped. Got all the floors swept and mopped and dusted the furniture, tidied up the kitchen and cleaned bathrooms. Getting ready to start a pot of lentil soup and throw some veggies through the shredder blade in the food processor for salads since my salad prepper friend is taking a week off. I got several boxes of spring mix and power greens. Already made unhoney mustard dressing. Also going to make balsamic roasted mushrooms and baked tofu. So happy I'm actually feeling a bit of enthusiasm to cook today.

I have really enjoyed taking an intentional day off not to worry about work. I haven't even heard from my boss today! Probably shouldn't say that... it will probably cause the texts to start! LOL

My lentil soup is not a recipe it's just something I have developed over time. I saute onion and garlic, add diced carrot, celery and potato. Then I add the lentils and veggie broth, spices (usually cumin, coriander, thyme) plus the magic ingredient, a bit of vegan liquid smoke to give it that smoky flavor. Soooo good. Oh, and edited to add, I throw in kale or baby spinach or power greens to wilt in at the end.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Yum on that soup! When my energy comes back completely..,I’ll be trying it out.

My supervisor and her roommate Left on my doorstep a care package all filled with vegan goodies from Trader Joe’s. Frozen foods fresh salads a couple of vegan treats. I was sleeping when they dropped it off so I didn’t hear the text but my eyes open shortly afterwards and I was able to get it in the house before and thawed out

S He gave me a call right after I got everything in the freezer and I was over joyed with the thoughtfulness
  • tlmindo
    tlmindo Posts: 8 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    TIMINDO

I watch a lot of high carb Hannah maximum weight loss YouTubes

Get a lot of ideas from her and also a lot of motivation I like her simple style she’s very low-key

Not over produced!

YES! I watch her as well as Hungry Vegan Momma and Plantiful Kikki!

Sweet Peas and Saffron is not 100% vegan but she has a pretty extensive list of vegan meal prep recipes. Many lunch ideas that make 4 lunches and will be safe in the fridge all week. Go to her site and just search for vegan. www.sweetpeasandsaffron.com
    Edited: posted this before seeing your posts about not feeling well. Hope you get your results back soon, but it sounds pretty convincing you may have it. My husband had it in March, but was pretty much 'dismissed' by the dr @ the urgent care. He was tired and had a 100.6 fever. A day or so later after seeing the dr he lost his taste and smell. We found out later the friend he had dinner with prior to all this had same symptoms at the same time. I never had any symptoms but we both tested positive for the antibodies in May (as did his dinner friend). Take care of yourself no matter what!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi tlmindo... I will check out that website you mentioned. Thanks for the recommendation! How goes your WFPB journey?

Magic, I certainly hope you are doing okay. Let us know when you can.

This has been a rough couple weeks at work. I hate the end of the year. Doesn't give me much time to enjoy the holidays.

• magic71755
    Options
    Happy New Year’s Eve ! 🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉

Doing great...back to work tomorrow...

Today

Coffee
    Green Smoothie
    Veggie sandwich
    Veggie soup with broccoli and noodles
    Yogurt and jam

I had a mild case! All thanks to WFPB living!

Stay well everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy New Year’s Eve, plant-loving friends!

I am sorry to have been quiet. I have mostly done well all through this unusual year, and then kind had a mini meltdown. My son headed off to scout camp for the week before and the week after Christmas, and it got to me a bit.

Magic, I am so SO glad you are doing so well. Hurray for that mild case! And I do think you can take lots of credit for getting better so fast! And hey, you have sounded worried about how people at work feel about you, but that care package sounds like a nice bit of love from your work crew!
    And super great news about that whiff of Apple Cider Vinegar!

@tlmindo
    Thank you for the Sweet Peas and Saffron suggestion! I will check them out!

@Mihani - Sending you some virtual thoughts of peace and restfulness.