What's on your mind today?

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Firstly, the first goal is to weigh under 70 kgs, not With 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    Second goal has a 15 January goal of running 4,5 km without walking and 15 Feb goal of running 5 km without walking. Today I ran 4,89 km and could have done 5 km but I ran out of route. I guess I should adjust those goals to something that does challenge me.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Firstly, the first goal is to weigh under 70 kgs, not With 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    Second goal has a 15 January goal of running 4,5 km without walking and 15 Feb goal of running 5 km without walking. Today I ran 4,89 km and could have done 5 km but I ran out of route. I guess I should adjust those goals to something that does challenge me.

Well done Dory_42
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Oh, my 2021 goal is to eat right every day, exercise regularly, and get into the Winner's Circle more consistently. I also want to stay in the 150s.
    2020 was the year my baby was born
    Congrats Donna!

• sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    It's the first day of the new year for all of us. May this new year of 2021 be a year of successes, solid attainable goals, and personal joys. May our NSV's be plenty and the scale move in the direction we all hope for.

Personally, I'm hoping to be at a weight and low enough Cholesterol by March to get off the Statins My Dr put me on in October.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @alligatorob amazing work!!

@sandhillsmom great goal and all the best with it!!!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Happy new year everyone! 2020 was the year my baby was born so despite the horrible pandemic it still worked out to be the best year of my life. (God bless all the souls that tragically lost their lives to this horrible virus)Wishing u all a happy healthy 2021!

Congratulations! My second baby was born 6 weeks ago so 2020 was great for us too 😊
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,145 Member
    My son is home from college, so there is plenty of junk food around. But so far, I have stayed away
  • crenmckin
    crenmckin Posts: 12 Member
    What's on my mind? It took WAY too long for me to find my way back to groups. Geesh. I'm also going back to work tomorrow after a week plus off. Back to work really means dressing nicer than yoga pants and a sweatshirt before I walk down the hall in the morning so it's not a huge deal. I don't want to get caught up in what "HAS" to be done for work and give up what HAS to be done for ME.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hoping today is a better day for you, @ginadomaszewicz 🤗
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    I bought myself a set of resistance bands to change up exercise. Lots of in the chair exercises for me to try out. Dealing with a bad knee is no fun. Always hunting down something new.
  • Dory_42
    Found this video today. Pretty much what we aim for here, it’s the little changes every day that make all the difference. Jiu Jitsu focused video but the principle he discusses is universal.

https://youtu.be/n7lF6yN2oWU
  • LJ_Cork
    LJ_Cork Posts: 45 Member
    So pleased yesterday. I was feeling really hungry and normally i would just give up, give in, eat junk and punish myself later. I made a conscious decision to eat more, chose what I wanted and ate up to my maintenance calories (I'm currently cutting 300 per day). It wasn't a huge amount extra, but I owned it and controlled it and that was a great feeling. Pass day on purpose :-)
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Got on scale today and lost 6.3 lbs in first week! Accountability works!
  • Dory_42
    abp1025 wrote: »
    Got on scale today and lost 6.3 lbs in first week! Accountability works!

Awesome! Well done!

My scale was also kind to me as I dropped below 71 kgs for the first time since 30 November 2018 🤗🤗🤗
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited January 2021
    Weighed in at 227 lbs this morning. That's 6 lbs down since 1/1, 4 lbs down since I started with MFP, and 17 lbs down from the fall. My son is home from college with tons of junk food laying around the house, but I am staying away from it!
  • tchnlrn1229
    tchnlrn1229 Posts: 21 Member
    What a tough week. By Friday, I almost gave up. I had good progress until this week when everything appeared to go off the rails, personally and professionally. I've managed to track anyway. Some of the last four days stayed in my calories OR exercised. Today's goal, to get back on track.