• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    CW: 241
    SW: 278
    LTD: 37 pounds

Goals for last week:
    * Wake up at first alarm! *NO SNOOZE!* MET!
    * Work out (10 minutes MINIMUM! Can be simple, just get up and get moving!) Not met, mostly because I have been using that time to pack lunch but still, no excuses! Right?!?
    * Do my make up. (I know this sounds silly, but I haven't worn makeup in like a month and that's because of my mental state, so I am going to make this a priority. Any little thing to pull me out of my funk!) *Kinda Met? I did recently start doing this however when I first posted this, I had taken my makeup pouch out of my backpack and kept forgetting to take it with me.
    * 10,000 steps daily *Not met. Got super close a lot of times, but not met. :(
    * Decrease soda intake, Increase water intake! *MET!

We had an unexpected death in the family which kinda threw us all for a loop but I am staying on track diet-wise. I am starting to get my energy back up which means I am thinking this is the week I will get my butt back into the gym. I am keeping my goals for this week the same as I did not meet a lot of them.

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and let us all kick *kitten* in 2021!

Steps:
    12/20: 8,545
    12/21: 6,093
    12/22: 4,030
    12/23:3,479
    12/24: 8,474
    12/25: 3,734
    12/26: 6,575
    12/27: 6,666
    12/28:7,768
    12/29: 3,520
    12/30: 3,364
    12/31: 7,315

Are you weighing in early for Saturday or is this last weeks weight. I am sorry for for families loss. 2021 will be a great year!

Thank you and this is for last Saturday. I work most weekends so getting on here is harder than expected so I may need to adjust my days...just gotta figure our what days work better for me. Once I figure that out, I'll update everyone. :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Happy new year everyone! Welcome new members, I have no doubt that you'll enjoy posting within here as we are an active bunch. I'm currently chilling after having new years day dinner, so tasty. Next week it is back to getting my foot onto the gas and start making change to that scale and measurements. At the moment, I can't find the tape measure and I really would like to track my progress that way too, knowing how temperamental the scale can be.

Last night, I signed up for a local meal prep service for the first time and in theory I have now got all my meals sorted for the next month, already calorie counted and heard they can be added to MFP. I am excited to start and see how I go with it and, if it's not any good then at least it was a good kick start month to the new year. It'll make things a lot easier mentally if it's worth it, I won't have to stress about starting to measure everything.. I did think about being that stringent in measuring everything I ate going forward but, realistically I think it'd eventually have more of a negative effect mentally. I think if I do get hungry then I could always use fruit, veg, ricecakes etc as a extra snacks and in theory still lose weight.

Anyone else tried meal prep companies before?

I am very interested to see how this works. Is it a meal company like hello fresh or a diet system like Jenny Craig? With measuring you have to do what’s best for you mentally. I found it a bit stressful when I started measuring but after awhile it became second nature. It all comes down to calorie in and calories out.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 12/30 11,477
    12/31 5,948

I am fighting the cold my kids had so I took it easy yesterday but still did my workout.

While I have my no means met my goals in 2020 I did complete one which was to work out more each month than 2019. In 2019 I worked out a total of 130 days and 2020 251. I completed a ton of programs and was only sidelined with a couple injuries. I am definitely stronger.

In the new year I am going to continue my workouts and focus on my nutrition my continuing the skinnytaste meal plan just with a lot less snacking than I have been doing.

I want to focus on my kids nutrition as well being home they snack more and eat at odd times. My son has gained quite a bit of weight in a small period of time while he is still thin I want to make sure this doesn’t continue. More fruits and veggies and eating dinner earlier. We had been waiting for my husband to Finnish work at 7 but I think this might be too late since we are all snacking to wait for him.

I think your workout accomplishment is amazing. You sound like you have a solid plan for the new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    b6xna5a50od2.jpeg

WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, Jan 1:
    PW: 179
    CW: 186.8

CHECK IN: WEEK 5 (Thursday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ❌
    🥤 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ❌

👣 STEPS
    THURS 12/31: 15,599 + 17,500 (spin) = 33,099

* I regained all of the weight I lost last month in two weeks. I am determined to get that weight and all of my Covid gains off me this new year.

It’s been holiday time so you will be back to your regular exercise and eating plan now that it is over. I think 2021 holds so much promise and we can all work hard together to lose our weight. Impressive steps!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Dec. 31
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 18 070

Happy New Year amazing Downsizers! And welcome to the newcomers.
    I hope I have the right thread? I know we usually change to a new month.
    Anyway, I'm happy because I doubled my walking most days. I used to do 1 hour, but then I moved to doing two 2 hour walks. I just did a two hour walk in one sitting. I'm thrilled.

I checked the posts earlier and going to put some responses the posts below. Thanks
    Have a great 2021.
    Dang! I had to be better than 2020!!!!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    I saw you mention that you are surrounded by food and it's overwhelming. I can tell you honestly that I don't think most people, including myself, can withstand having all sorts of treats around them and not eating them! I hope your family is through with treats for now and you don't have to withstand the temptation! I wish you much happiness in 2021.

@363days and @Z10Rtza
    I hope you can get off the up and down merry go round. It sound like stress is a big factor. I think stress is extremely difficult to deal with! I find I want to binge or drink when the stress gets bad. I hope you can let us know what we can do to help. You are both so kind and supportive of all of us!

@rlaskey
    I think it's really hard not working. I understand you when you say you need to feel a purpose in your life. I hope you can find a job even it's it's just part time. I am only doing supply work, but it is keeping me somewhat busy and it helps! Best of luck in your job search!

@azkunk
    Thank you for all you are doing for the others during covid! I congratulate you on your successful certification and I'm so happy you can see a light at the end of the tunnel as we enter a phase of vaccination for covid. That is most helpful to hear and a welcome reality that you are sharing with all of us!

@littleflutterby
    Congrats on taking courses in social work! It sounds like an amazing fit for you! You are a very good communicator and supportive person and I wish you the greatest success in your courses. Thank you for being there for us as well. I'm hoping there is a resolution to your work situation and stomach issues on the horizon! I wish you all the best in 2021.

@Beautyofdreams
    WOW! How impressive! You are basically at a normal weight. I really relate to what you said when you mentioned that you use food to comfort yourself and numb your feelings (or rather you did in the past). That is the same type of struggle that I have. It is a great source of inspiration to know this can be overcome! You are a real role model. Please share your strategies. I know you take great walks in nature. Any other ways of coping?

@Bluetail6
    Thank you for sharing some of you weight loss strategies. That makes sense to me that you need to enjoy your food and your activity. You need to have a reason to stick with you plan and enjoying your daily habits and routines is essential to forming life-changing habits. Thanks for sharing.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Happy new year everyone! Welcome new members, I have no doubt that you'll enjoy posting within here as we are an active bunch. I'm currently chilling after having new years day dinner, so tasty. Next week it is back to getting my foot onto the gas and start making change to that scale and measurements. At the moment, I can't find the tape measure and I really would like to track my progress that way too, knowing how temperamental the scale can be.

Last night, I signed up for a local meal prep service for the first time and in theory I have now got all my meals sorted for the next month, already calorie counted and heard they can be added to MFP. I am excited to start and see how I go with it and, if it's not any good then at least it was a good kick start month to the new year. It'll make things a lot easier mentally if it's worth it, I won't have to stress about starting to measure everything.. I did think about being that stringent in measuring everything I ate going forward but, realistically I think it'd eventually have more of a negative effect mentally. I think if I do get hungry then I could always use fruit, veg, ricecakes etc as a extra snacks and in theory still lose weight.

Anyone else tried meal prep companies before?

I am very interested to see how this works. Is it a meal company like hello fresh or a diet system like Jenny Craig? With measuring you have to do what’s best for you mentally. I found it a bit stressful when I started measuring but after awhile it became second nature. It all comes down to calorie in and calories out.

I'd say it's a little like HelloFresh in that it's fresh food, but, this local company offers it already prepared/cooked in recycleable containers as far as I'm aware. There is different meal packs depending on what calorie amount you wish to go for (from 1200 calories to 2600 a day) and the duration, i.e. do you want 5 days or 7 days worth in a week or, other options are like what I chose is to get 7 days x 4 weeks.

I've gone with a 1500 calorie a day meal pack to test out which gives me 3 meals and a snack each day (the snacks provided in the week includes brownie, granola bar, millionaire shortbread etc which is a nice balance). I cannot see why I shouldn't see some form of a loss within the next month in relation to BMR, if I stick to that and incorporate healthy snacks at the moment.

In regards to measuring I agree on both counts. I'm trying not to think too far ahead with this meal prep venture and let it try and assist me back into weight loss as I'm determined not to be this weight at the end of the year. I'll of course keep you updated with how it's going through the month :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou
    You are very welcome. I'm so excited for the year. Last year was not all bad by any means, C-19 and the political climate not withstanding. Part of my plan is reaching goal this year. The cool thing is I'm looking beyond that point in time. That way, I won't have a "now what?" moment. I will keep you informed!! :):)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! The January Team Chat thread is OPEN :smiley:

Please continue to post weigh-ins for Friday and Saturday here.

Run over to the new thread to introduce yourselves all over again and start a great new year! May your first weigh-in of the year be your highest.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819652/downsizers-january-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Dec. 31
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 18 070

Happy New Year amazing Downsizers! And welcome to the newcomers.
    I hope I have the right thread? I know we usually change to a new month.
    Anyway, I'm happy because I doubled my walking most days. I used to do 1 hour, but then I moved to doing two 2 hour walks. I just did a two hour walk in one sitting. I'm thrilled.

I checked the posts earlier and going to put some responses the posts below. Thanks
    Have a great 2021.
    Dang! I had to be better than 2020!!!!

You have accomplished so much with your weight loss and walking in 2020. I am so excited to see what you do this year.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Piqueaboo - being back home will make it much easier to stay on track. I am going to look into that author, thanks for the recommendation

@lindamtuck2018 - I’m glad to see you back. Don’t worry about the scale, I’m sure to sodium and lack of water pills have caused you to hold onto extra fluid. Just focus on your recovery. I hope your husband also makes a speedy recovery and you can complete your move.

@mszoueb - a meal prep service sounds like a great idea. I have often thought about it. Keep us posted.

@draby2011 - I’m sorry for your loss but I’m glad you are staying on track. I love your goals, especially doing your makeup. Keep up the great job.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - sorry for the scale but you got the right attitude and plan. Let’s kick some butt in 2021!

@rlaskey - great job with you 2020 workout goal, that’s very impressive. What is your favorite skinny taste recipe. I have pinned quite a few but haven’t tried one yet

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - don’t look back ... only forward. I am always amazed by your workouts (I am so not a exercise person). You can do this! We are actually pretty close weight so I feel like I can really relate to you

@DawnCumm - Welcome! I find when I don’t check in daily, I start to fall off track. Some check in every day, others just once a week. Whatever works for you.

@lelbarou - great job increasing your walking. 18K steps is a pretty impressive achievement, I don’t think that I ever hit that many.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    Thanks @azkunk...We got this ... I lowered my calories from 1840 to 1500 and I am back on strict keto as of today ...and I am still walking ...gonna take the weekend off since I have walked 12 or more days in a row ... I start Physical therapy on Monday for my hips
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - you earned a couple of rest days! I hope physical therapy makes a big difference.

My recent steps are below. Let me know if you have any days missing. My goal for next challenge is 10K

12/30: 2947
    12/31: 4539
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - you earned a couple of rest days! I hope physical therapy makes a big difference.

My recent steps are below. Let me know if you have any days missing. My goal for next challenge is 10K

12/30: 2947
    12/31: 4539

Thanks @azkunk...I have a lot to do around the house ... so that will be my exercise for tomorrow ...Being a perfectionist is not always a great thing lol
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/31 Steps 9,632
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Check in January 1, 2021

Weigh in
    PW: 210.8 pounds
    CW: 212.4 pounds
    Gain: 2.4 pounds - I figured it would be higher.

Steps 1/1/2021 1155

Will we be switching over to a new thread for January? I know with people being sick and the holidays, it isn't top priority, just wondering.

Today was another bad food day... however I still figure I am on holiday mode.

I will be starting a 30 day challenge.. just some calendars I found online that I printed out, 3 of them, so I will be starting those tomorrow as well as a dumbbell workout each day from the same type of stuff. Today doesn't count, because it says 30 day and January has 31 days, see how I did that. :)

I have never done images before but if anyone is curious as to the 30 day challenges I am doing here are the calendars I printed out. See if this worked or not.

They are all 'beginner' workouts... it isn't a group challenge, just a personal challenge for myself.

08ldvv3oqbl2.png
    60oyg354q50r.png
    r5wv09b79iv6.png
    f2x5h09vmtz2.png
    ixdllokvx98b.png

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    And the dumbbell workouts I will be doing....
    I need to figure out where I found these, I have other ones but the images are so small that they don't print out well at all.

ch5120auold9.jpg
    ntpo8v3ly2y6.jpg
    ya53bzaw8dwv.jpg
    1jnra8ycko0t.jpg
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    So..... I have a new smartwatch.... finally!!! I had the placeholder, cheap one, for 6 weeks I think. Anyway I couldn't be happier with my Garmin. It is going to be a learning curve compared to my Fitbit. I am giving thanks to YouTube videos....!! LOL

P.S. The only problem is, it isn't giving me as many burned exercise calories as I was computing myself.... Not that there is anything wrong with that... ROFL
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @ScorpioGirl70
    Love the dumbbell workouts!! :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.0
    Current weight: 299.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Too Too Many indulgences through the holidays. (But I thoroughly enjoyed every one! >:) ) Yesterday I spent purging my kitchen and put all the junk food in the trash ... then took trash to the outside bin. No more tempting stuff in my kitchen!!

Today, I plan to do meal planning for the upcoming week, place a grocery order for delivery, and get my small exercise area straightened up so it can be used again.

Have a great New Year Everyone!! 👋
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Welcome New Downsizers

@McGreavy91
    @Resistive
    @jimboden3
    @Sripalbhansali
    @kdlgiannoulis
    @DawnCumm
    @cabman

This is a great group of diverse folks!!

It is so nice to have all of you join us. It is a great, supportive group.
This discussion has been closed.