Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Your daughter is so lucky to have such a dedicated Mom! <3

I'm staying with the step challenge, pledging 10k or greater steps a day.
    Thank you!

I just wanted to share this website link, it's a list of 100 things you can do instead of eat:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Alishas-list-of-100-THINGS-TO-DO-BESIDE-EAT-1.pdf

I am printing a weight loss coloring chart like this one:
    2vqfa6171kkd.jpg
    I found it at:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com/free-printable-weight-loss-trackers/
    (you have to scroll down to find the printables)

Happy New Year!

One of the things they had us do in therapy for binge eating disorder was to create a list of things to do instead of binge.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3 Glad you joined the group. It is much more fun to do the deal with others. Just curious - what brand of rowing machine were you looking at? Someone on another thread was a big fan of the Concept 2 Model D and it looks like it got good reviews. Have you gotten that far in choosing a machine?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Dear Downsizers, I apologize for not responding to all post tonight. I am just catching up the weights on the spreadsheet. When providing your weights each week you do not have to provide your LTD as the spreadsheet will be doing the calculation. This will help determine recognitions to be done at the end of each monthly challenge. For this to work I need your weight at the beginning of your weight loss journey. So when you get a chance can you tag me and provide that weight. You still can share those LTD if you want because they can be so darn inspiring. Happy Saturday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    For the new people, when I enter your weight on the spreadsheet I mark the post insightful. That way everyone knows that their weight has been logged.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Dang another question, what is LTD?
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all that you do @lindamtuck2018. My SW=207.
  • azkunk
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Dang another question, what is LTD?

LTD= loss to date
    SW= starting weight
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My goodness we are on page 3 ALREADY??? Oh boy I have my work cut out here!!! haha
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Your daughter is so lucky to have such a dedicated Mom! <3

Thank you!

I just wanted to share this website link, it's a list of 100 things you can do instead of eat:
    https://mealplanningmommies.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Alishas-list-of-100-THINGS-TO-DO-BESIDE-EAT-1.pdf

2vqfa6171kkd.jpg
    I found it at:

Happy New Year!

Oh thankyou for these!!! I made myself a weight loss colouring in chart on NYE. I want to lose 100lb between Christmas 2020 and Christmas 2021. I was able to colour in the first 3 squares too!

I really like the list. I might just print that out and cross them out, to try something new!!!

You two make me feel like a slacker.

01/01/2021
    walked 60 minutes at 2.8mph (I will pledge whatever 20 minutes of walking at 2.7mph is)
    drank 126 oz water.
    logged food.
    under calorie budget.
    saw the new year in so sleep not so great. :(

We had people over for breakfast and lunch today. Breakfast is McDonald's for everyone else and I make my own breakfast(usually oatmeal or eggs and toast). Lunch we had cheesy potato or chili soup and maidrites, a relish and cheese tray followed by peach cobbler and butter pecan ice cream for dessert. I have a severe lactose intolerance so had chili, peach , cobbler and the relish tray.
    Today, I walked laps on the sidewalk in front of our house and my aunt's house for an hour cuz the roads were too icy and the other walks weren't clear. Going to have to be creative to get walks in this winter.
    Hoping to get back to lifting weights at the rec center. Might have to come up with some creative scheduling now that colleges are on break and we can only have three people in the weight room at a time.

Could anyone recommend a good ten minute core program. My core is weak and think it affects my posture. Can be pretty easy because I am a beginner. Thanks.

For the new people. I am Deb. I am a pancreas/kidney transplant recipient. I am considered chronic kidney disease stage 3b. I joined MFP March 2020 and the Fat2Fit challenge in December. This is a great, supportive group. Looking forward to reading all your posts and learning about you.

Wow Deb, amazing on making such good choices!!!! You have really inspired me the last month. Considering everything you have gone through and still popping in, checking in, and doing so so well. I am honestly so bloody proud of you! And I am so glad you are part of this team!!!
    azkunk wrote: »
    I am so EXCITED for 2021! This is going to be the year that I reach a “healthy weight” BMI. I started this weight loss journey in May 2020 when I turned 49 and was disgusted by the number that I saw on the scale ... 207. It was the highest I have ever been and I pledged to lose 50-lbs by my 50th birthday. After a slow start, I am 28.5-lbs down and have 21.5 to go by May 14. I know that I can reach that goal or get pretty darn close. I am now looking beyond that goal and hoping to hit the healthy BMI weight by the end of the year. It would be a total of 38.5-lbs which is less than a pound a week. That is totally within reach and I have this team to thank. I really think that if I didn’t find this group, I would still be over 200 lbs and making yet another New Years resolution that would likely fail yet again. This is not a resolution, it is a commitment!

I'm a May baby too! (star wars day for me- May 4th!) I think that's a great target to have.

I love your thinking too. I was going to start doing something about my weight in the new year, as opposed to October and I am so glad that I didn't wait!!! Starting today means that in a year or so, I'm not dreading not starting. It's never easy. But once I'm in the rhythm it gets easier in time.

And yes- great thinking- this is a commitment :) Resolutions are totally meant to be broken haha

draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for today: 4,823

Today was my day off so I lounged around quite a bit. My job at the surgery center offered me a PRN nursing position (I have worked there before I became a nurse and they wouldn't hire me when I graduated due to inexperience and I kept going for extra cash flow for the holidays) that I couldn't turn down so my next day off isn't until the 10th. I did stay on track diet wise and put all the Christmas stuff away and cleaned up.

I re-ordered my carb blocker today so I can get back on track with that. Tomorrow I am having another taco bowl (because they are yum and I still had ground beef leftover) and I brought some trail mix, peanut butter, and rice cakes which I will keep in my locker for snacking at work (at the hospital). I bought yogurt with granola, boiled some eggs, and have some fresh spinach for salads and such. I think my greatest idea thus far was throwing some chicken breast in the crockpot and shredding it so I can flavor it however I want when I want. I like variety and typically get tired of eating a lot of the same things, but this way I can make it however I want! Last week I had teriyaki chicken, buffalo chicken, bbq chicken, and alfredo chicken. It was pretty awesome! lol

Seeing my mom on Christmas was VERY bittersweet. She is SOOOO happy to be home, but it was kinda sad to see her getting around. We are currently battling her insurance company who initially promised in-home physical therapy but since the hospital didn't arrange it before they discharged her, they're saying they won't do it. So she is struggling to pull herself up from the wheelchair to do even the simplest things like going to the restroom. So for now she is using a bedpan on the restroom floor and crawling to the bed to get back into her wheelchair. I bought her a transfer board but the size of the bathroom won't accommodate it and she gets frustrated so she won't allow her significant other to help her. It made me so upset to see her get so frustrated just to do something like going to the bathroom. If anything, it is motivating me more to make sure I get myself in check because our family history of diabetes is unreal. (We actually got into an argument because she asked me to bring donuts over for Christmas breakfast which I did as a special treat. She got upset because I initially said "no thank you" to having one but I finally agreed to appease her. I ate my one donut and so did my kids. Well apparently my oldest asked for another one while I used the restroom and of course, mom said yes. So I walk out and my kid is on her 2nd donut. Okay, I won't make a big deal out of it, it is Christmas after all. So here comes my kid AGAIN! Here she reaches outward for a donut knowing damn well my mom is going to give it to her and I say "NO!" Here comes Grandma to the rescue. "It is Christmas! Let her enjoy it!" Guys it literally took every single fiber of my body to not say the first things that came to mind because I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I also don't want to keep creating the vicious and unhealthy cycle of eating that we all have. To make matters worse, my daughter is a person who eats simply because she is bored and will eat me out of house and home if I let her. We are trying to teach her healthier habits or AT LEAST healthier snacking but I surely won't be bringing anymore treats over to Mom's house, no matter what the reason is.

Anywho, ya'll have a good day and I will try to check in tomorrow. I work at the hospital both days this weekend and with COVID, who knows how that will go? We actually delivered a baby in our ER yesterday (and we don't have an L&D unit) so to say things have been crazy, to say the least.

*PS: sorry my posts are like novels! I just start writing and word vomit happens! :lol:

I'm sorry about that stress, hun. Makes me think of the stress my mum went through whenever we visited my nan and granddad. (her in-laws). My nana would always try and stuff us with things and encourage us to eat "another apple pie" or something and she was trying to keep us away from that stuff. I just thought my mum was being mean (because someone else was saying something that was going myyyyyy way) but now that I'm older, I know exactly why she did it- for my own good!

I kinda feel sad she (and you) didnt get the support that was needed. That's tough.

Stay safe at work, thanks for all you do- you frontline workers are my heroes, I swear!!!

(and no need to apologise, i love the novels!!!!!)

Happy New Year everyone. So I am one of those people who refuse to make resolutions or year long goals instead I like to work on each month as it gets here.
    So here is to January goals
    1. No sodas
    2. More water
    3. Stretch more
    4. 1lb a week loss
    5. Dinner eaten at the table every night

My steps goals for January is 7000
    CW 167.4
    Weigh in day is Monday
    You guys are amazing rockstars

Great monthly goals!!!! You are a rockstar too!!!
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Jan. 1
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - 2 hours walking
    Steps - 13 966

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. Please keep me at 10 000 steps a day! Thank you.

Hello new people!

My name is Laura and I have been in this group a couple of months now!
    It's a wonderful group because everyone is supportive no matter what is going on with you!
    It's great too because you can post goals like the daily steps and you are given kudos when you achieve it!

I have been overweight almost all my life, since I was about 8 or 9. I wasn't that overweight in the beginning, but it got worse and worse over time. Recently it has started to negatively impact my health in various ways and that is my big motivation for changing my lifestyle and getting healthier, slimmer and fitter.

I have lost about 50 pounds so far. I have a long way to go, I am so happy to have support. It really makes a difference!

I wish you great success on your journeys! We CAN and WILL get this done TOGETHER!

You are doing amazing, twinny!!! And all that walking, my goodness! Inspirational!
    draby2011 wrote: »
    CW: 238
    Lbs lost this week: 3lbs
    SW: 278
    Total weight lost: 40

Great job!!! congrats on the big 4-0!!!
    Naive question peeps, if I use a fitbit while on an elliptical will it measure my steps correctly? Gonna’ start using that baby again since I can’t really walk with anyone here.

I did not give much of an intro, so here I go. 59 years, live in Northern California. Have a son and two grandkids, two pups, two horses. Hubby does most of the cooking which can be a bit of a struggle to make sure it is something healthy, he has not been overweight a day in his life so just doesn’t get it. I never was overweight probably because I was very physical as a kid, grew up on a farm, showed horses every week and we were always moving. I literally gained 100 lbs the first year of marriage when I was in my 20s. Then up/down for years on end. Hope that I have outgrown all of the bad habits but I still love my pizza, tacos, burgers…..so I certainly could go back to 255 or more. My parents were both around 300lbs.

My main needs are to move and exercise at my age I am afraid of the ‘if you don’t use it you will lose it’ so need to build strength. I love my family; we do the typical Italian Family Sunday dinners which I adore! Love animals, been a vegetarian most my life but obviously never learned to eat healthy. That being said my bloodwork has always been very good post a year of being a vegetarian so that is something I guess. I love to travel, we do less now but I was lucky enough to go to Africa in early 2020 and planning Jamaica in a month with a family wedding. My hubs is from the UK so we have done a lot of travel in that area of world. We will be married 40 years in 2022 and I want to go back to a location in Italy where we spent our 30th, absolutely wonderful Michelin Star bed and breakfast in the Umbria hills. That is about it, so happy to be with you all on this challenge! Let's do this!!!!

I don't know if it's been answered in posts on the other pages, but you can convert exercise for steps. I forget what the site is, but if it's not posted elsewhere I can route it out for ya!

Welcome to the group Dawn! So glad you are joining this team! I understand the need to move. It's something that's been a struggle for a few years- at my biggest I was 375 and my joints were hurting and just being at work was more than enough exercise!! But once I got into the routine of moving, no matter how small, it got a little easier over time! And whatever support you need with that, we are here!!

Congrats on the upcoming big anniversary!!! I'm only 32 so I can't imagine being with MYSELF for 40 years, never mind another person haha. That's awesome!!!!

I look forward to getting to know you better!!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 15,571

I am fighting this cold so skipped my regular workout and walked with a friend. I hadn’t left the house in days so I needed the fresh air even though it was cold.

For those new members, my name is Rachel and I am 43. I am a married mom of two kids, one very old dog and two naughty kitties. I live in Massachusetts. I love the beach and every season but winter because I hate the cold. I have been on furlough for the last 10 month due to covid so I help my kiddos with school the days they are home.

Last year I committed to working out more and succeeded but have not succeed on the weight loss and added some more lbs during covid.

My weight has gone up and down my whole life. I have never been what doctors would say is a healthy weight but I have at times been more comfortable with my weight. 20 lbs crept back on over the last 3 years slowly bringing me to my highest weight with the exception of being pregnant.

I have been here for a few months and really just bounce back and forth within a few pounds. I do keep coming back because I refuse to give up on myself and I enjoy reading about other team members journeys and the support.

Hope you feel better hun!

I am so glad you are so honest with your struggles and successes! We are all in this together!!!!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 195.6
    CW 194.4
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 75.6lbs
    LTD 128.6lbs

I'm happy about this loss for the week. New years Eve I decided to still track all my food but not my wine. It's only for one night and I don't ever drink a ton anyway. I wound up drinking 2 glasses of wine while we played games.

For the last couple of weeks we have been pretty busy with holiday stuff and I got really lax on my workouts. I plan on getting back into my daily workouts starting Monday when my son goes back to school.

Today we are actually staying home all day and having a family day. I have one goal today of completing a goal list and schedule for the year going forward.

Steps 12/31 3000
    01/01 3350

You are amaaaaaaaazing!!! 75lb off!!! OMG!

I hope you enjoyed your family day (and the 2 cheeky glasses of wine! heehee)

Great loss for the week!

Sorry for all the early on questions, I thought I saw a exercise to step calculator someone shared. Found this one, is this close enough? If yes....double the steps on my elliptical than what is on my FitBit....sweating up a storm.

https://www.pehp.org/mango/pdf/pehp/pdc/step conversion chart_FFB805BB.pdf

That looks about right to me! Going by the walking and the dancing :)

jimboden3 wrote: »
    Hi. I’m Jim and this is the longest post I’m ever going to write but it was kind of cathartic to get this out.

I’m 52, a father of four (one young lady recently graduated from The Ohio State University, a second girl at Indiana university and two boys – a senior and freshman in high school), married for 24 years and living in St. Louis, Missouri. I’ve been a workaholic and insomniac (avg < 5 hours/night) most of my adult life and I currently serve as an IT Director in the healthcare services industry. It’s a typical story of working too hard, sleeping too little, eating (and drinking) a little too much, and not really doing any meaningful exercise which has taken its toll over the years. By early summer of 2019 I had reached 240 lbs was having trouble fitting into my clothes and was starting to think about joining a gym (best of intention mind you but no action). Then I heard a story about a guy that had a heart attack the day after he retired and that was my wake-up call. I want to retire before I turn 60 and that wasn’t going to be my story! I want to be around to enjoy that next chapter of my life so it was time to act.

My ‘get control of my weight’ journey started with a Fitbit for Father’s Day 2019. I committed to start exercising and improving my diet and was down 10 lbs within two and half months so then I set a more ambitious goal to get down to 200 lbs by our Spring Break vacation in mid-March (2020). The weight seemed to just melt off … slowly but steady which is the ‘right’ way to do it, so I was feeling pretty good. People who hadn’t seen me in a while noticed how much better I looked and was great to fit into some old favorite clothes again. I was sure I’d be down to 200 lbs in no time (I missed my goal by 5 lbs as it got harder to reduce over time).

ay3lb6ldt5g4.png

Enter COVID-19. I stopped going into the office (and no longer taking all the flights of stairs throughout the day). Getting together with friends obviously trailed off, the Parks system was closed for a while so no weekend hikes and hitting the bike trails. Sure – I could have ridden around the neighborhood … and I did, but just a few times as it wasn’t the same. Instead of working out first thing in the morning I found myself logging into work to get ‘an early start on the day’. When I was at the office, I could limit my food intake easily but working from home introduced all kinds of temptations. Since I still had my Fitbit hourly alert setup for 250 steps it was a great excuse to stretch … walk to the kitchen to refill my water glass … and then grab a snack (ugh!). Three of our four kids were home all day now and so our pantry filled up with more processed (sugary) foods which just makes a bad snacking habit that much worse.

No surprise of course what happened next. This isn’t an excuse, just an explanation of my ongoing bad decisions / weakness which is what brings me to this full picture of 2020.

ukllq8hiia7k.png

So now I’m bouncing around 220 lbs and certainly not happy about it but I will change.
    1. I’m really motivated to renew my weight loss plan (it hit me on Christmas when I tried on some new clothes one of which was too tight and another that made me look ‘pudgy’ and then I got the “I guess you’ve added some weight back on” look).
    2. We just threw out the broken stationary bike that’s been taking up space in our exercise room and once the Christmas bills are paid off, I plan to use some gift money to buy a rowing machine (unfortunately the one I want has an 8-week backlog so realistically it will be March before I have it). In the meantime, the weight bench is already getting some use again.
    3. I started tracking my daily intake a week ago (I’d been doing this religiously when I was losing weight). I do make a lot of good healthy choices however my biggest problems are portion control and snacking, but I’ve been getting the measuring cups out again :) so that’s a good sign!
    5. Although I gained 15 lbs since the Spring, I’m still 20 lbs less than my all-time high 18 months ago so it could be worse right? At least I know what caused me to regain the weight and having that knowledge makes it easier to implement small but specific changes to turn things around.
    6. This may be a little silly but now that the COVID vaccines are out there, the reality of getting together with friends and co-workers again is starting to set in. I know that it will probably still be a number of months from now before we’re back to some sense of normalcy, but I want to be in a better place - mentally, emotionally, and physically. Now I just need to refine my goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) and get my plan together on how I’m going to get there.
    • a. What exercise am I going to commit to – and how often?
    • b. What am I going to give up? Some things will need to stop, whereas others can just be moderated.
    • c. What specific rewards or ways to celebrate will I come up with when I achieve my goals. I found it helpful to have something to look forward to for all the work and sacrifice I’m making.
    • d. What is my plan B when things don’t go my way or I fall short on my commitments? It’s OK to take a day off every once in a while, or maybe have a second helping (or third beer/glass of wine) – we’re human right? Where’s the joy in life if you can’t break a few rules every now and again … the trick is to get back on track again. There’s plenty of inspiration out there if you know where to look for it (family, friends, heck – just Google ‘motivational or inspirational stories’). I think it’s important to have a plan in place when you find yourself not living up to your commitments as simply wanting to lose weight isn’t going to be enough to be successful in the long run. That’s where a plan and this group come into play so I’m really excited to be part of the team.

Anyway, I’m glad to have restarted my journey towards a healthier me with this group.

Jim! Thankyou so much for sharing! I can relate to so much of what you said. Covid has thrown most people out of their "normal" routines and I understand that change from moving a fair bit to then not. I work a very active job and I took 7 weeks of paid leave when covid first hit, and in those 7 weeks I just sat like a potato and didn't move... too scared to even go out really.

Even now, my work is a bit less (through choice) and on my days off I am sitting way too much- I praise (well, curse too when I don't wanna move lol) the 250 step reminder on my fitbit. Because at least I get some movement.

Welcome, and thanks for joining us!!! I look forward to getting to know you better! Please stick with us :)

And any time you wanna type out a long post, we are here! Or a short post! Or a medium-sized post! ;)

jimboden3 wrote: »
    Hi. I’m Jim and this is the longest post I’m ever going to write but it was kind of cathartic to get this out.....

Welcome Jim!

Your post really resinates with me (and I'm sure many others). I had lost a great deal of weight (over 90 lbs) and kept it off for years, until Covid hit last March. My gym closed and I managed to workout online and started running, but like you, my spouse and teenagers are home with me 24/7 now with food all around me. I really relied upon leaving my home for work and gym time daily to manage my eating. Around July I really started to struggle and the longevity of being home made me give in to temptations and I rolled on 20+ lbs.

I've been with this wonderful, motivating this group for 3 months now and although I haven't lost the weight, I have managed to yo-yo down and back up again through the holidays without additional gain.

I am looking forward to a new month and new year with new achievements for us all.

Ya know what, you give me so much motivation! Even with your struggles, you still come back, post with us, and give us some really fantastic insights! You are going to reach your goals- I just *know* it!!!!

And your workouts are just legendary of course! ;)
  • littleflutterby
    Options

Thank you!

2vqfa6171kkd.jpg
    I found it at:

Happy New Year!

One of the things they had us do in therapy for binge eating disorder was to create a list of things to do instead of binge.

Yes! I learned this in DBT, not just for my eating but my all-round mental health problems.

"pleasurable events" they called it- and I think I have a list somewhere of like 500. It's crazy! A lot of them I thought, when reading it "ohhhhhh, yaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I like doing that!" haha

Dear Downsizers, I apologize for not responding to all post tonight. I am just catching up the weights on the spreadsheet. When providing your weights each week you do not have to provide your LTD as the spreadsheet will be doing the calculation. This will help determine recognitions to be done at the end of each monthly challenge. For this to work I need your weight at the beginning of your weight loss journey. So when you get a chance can you tag me and provide that weight. You still can share those LTD if you want because they can be so darn inspiring. Happy Saturday!

You do so much work around here, thanks for everything Linda!!!!

I love the milestones! I was so close to getting my 60lb (not sure if that's a milestone) but I am buzzing to get to a 50lb weight loss total this month! Finally over a quarter of the way to target, woohoo!!!

• littleflutterby
    Options
    oh @lindamtuck2018 if you need mine, my starting weight was 375 so LTD of 58.4!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 SW 269 for me LTD 38lbs
  • littleflutterby
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I think I got all posts in, I'm sorry if I missed anyone!

Today has been good for me- a nice walk with a friend, picked up a calculator which I need for my studies, and watched the season 13 opener of Rupaul's drag race which I really love!

I know it's a day early but my steps are 7734!

It was really nice to get out for a bit, and my tummy wasnt *too* aggravated for that little while.

Food was on track today- even though I ate a bit more calorie-wise than I usually do. I am still under for the day by a fair bit though!

I'm going to go do my self-care stuff and get ready for bed.

Hope y'all have a good night! New month starts tomorrow! Woohoo!

P.S. I really do try and keep on top with replying to messages and stuff, but it's terribly hard sometimes, with my physical and mental health issues, a wife that wants my attention (lol) and also work and school taking up a lot of my time. So please don't take it personally if I don't respond. just know that I am cheering you on from my screen as I read your messages! And hitting the like button too when I don't forget to!

You all inspire me sooooo much! I can't even tell ya, I am so grateful to be part of such an amazing team!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I would appreciate it if you can get your steps to me by tomorrow night ..that way I can get the recognition and winners done ...Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Is there anybody else who is wanting to be added to the step challenge? Please let me know :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 5 (Friday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 120 Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

CHECK IN: WEEK 5 (Saturday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 120 Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    FRI 1/01: 6,547
    SAT 1/02: 11,926 (strength training) + 19,540 = 31,466
  • azkunk
    Options
    @littleflutterby - thank you for all the time that you should end replying. It is really hard to keep up with this lively bunch. Your wife deserves your attention and the n e school starts that will definitely be your priority. So, no offense taken if you don’t reply to me.

@jimboden3 - those graphs really say it all. The thing that stands of most is you know what needs to be done to reach your goal. Many of us have a similar C-19 graph, just different points of when we finally started to take back control. Glad to have you with us. It really is a motivating team

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - great job meeting you goals
  • azkunk
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Check-in for Friday, Jan 1st
    Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ❌❌✅
    Fiber (28g):

Check-in for Saturday, Jan 2nd
    Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):❌❌✅ (overall too low today)
    Fiber (28g):

Today, I went to REI and treated myself to a new pair of hiking shoes and a small day pack. We’ve been hitting the trails more and I was in need of both. I never heard of the brand of hiking shoe that I bought ... Hoka. I tried them on and it was like I was walking on marshmallows. I couldn’t believe how comfortable they were, I had to have them and splurged. I am considering it an early reward for losing 30lbs. Now I can’t wait to use them.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope I am not too late to still be added for the step challenge.
    I am struggling on the steps, I honestly think if that is all I do, I would loose this weight.

Anyway.. add me if not too late. If it is too late, that's ok, I will still report. :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/2: 11,029 steps
This discussion has been closed.