Goals for 2021

Options
conniewilkins56
conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
Happy New Year!....let’s all share our goals for the new year!....Larger Losers is the best group of Losers on MFP....together we are so much stronger!

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My weight related goal for 2021 is to reach a normal BMI which is 4 kg away and then slowly lose another 5 kg and maintain for a while to see where I’m at.

Athletically I’d love to speed up my running to complete 5K in less than 30min. It would be sweet if it happened before my 1 year runniversary in April.

Professionally I hope to find a new job that I enjoy. I’m leaving my current place of work at the end of January (by choice).

I’d like to take up a hobby and have set myself a challenge to paint for 15 minutes every Saturday, hopefully this will give me a window to get some creativity going.

My yoga practice waxes and wanes, but my goal is to maintain an almost daily practice (of varying length and intensity).
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    My goal is to just keep eating at a deficit one day at a time.

I have a tremendous amount of weight to lose and when I think about it too long it overwhelms me.

If I just focus on this day I know I can do this. If I focus on the 165 left to lose I get discouraged.

Starting out I wanted to lose 150 lbs and that seemed impossible....now I want to lose 50 more pounds and that sounds great!...we can do this!
  • jodibeth5744
    jodibeth5744 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be successful at each day. To keep going in the afternoon/evening when stress piles up and feel more accomplished than defeated.
  • tnm0596
    tnm0596 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    My goal is to just keep eating at a deficit one day at a time.

I have a tremendous amount of weight to lose and when I think about it too long it overwhelms me.

If I just focus on this day I know I can do this. If I focus on the 165 left to lose I get discouraged.

Thank you for writing this. This is exactly how I feel. We can do this!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Somehow I missed this thread. So glad I found it because it is really inspiring and tells us more about each other.

I'll start with a belated Happy New Year, everyone!

I have a few biggish goals for 2021 - I'm feeling good with what I've accomplished in 2020 and that lets me soar a bit on this hopeful front.

I expect I will meet my goal weight - once I figure out what that is. I'm down 102lbs now - at 173 - thinking I'm going to find my goal weight in the 150-160 range? I'm adjusting that down all the time with the hope that losing the extra fat will help with the saggy skin? I keep reading that is the case. So although I think I would be happy at 160 - I know there will be lots of sag. If 150 will help that - cool! Hopefully that will be low enough? I'll find out.

Get a good start on maitenance come summertime? Fall? Enough of a handle on it so that the holidays next year won't throw me off too much :)

I'm waiting on shoulder surgery...hopefully that comes soon...then I'll have to do a lot of physio to get my body strength back again. I've been walking a lot - but my arms/shoulders/core are just a mess and there is nothing I can do about that until post surgery. I hope I'm still feeling so fired up about that strengthening once I can!

And, what feels like the biggest one now: I'm on the precipice of making the leap from the normalish lifestyle I live to become the full time artist I've always dreamed of being. If I can just let go of the fear that I'm messing my "life" up maybe I'll discover finally the new life I've hoped for. What is the worst that could happen?!

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Small monthly goals will be working towards better health, fitness & wellbeing, these will probably change as I make better habits and they stick.

I am intentionally losing weight slowly, so I'll be breaking my loss down into small chunks, current weight loss goal 118kg (At 120kg currently), no specific timeline on it but would hope around 2 months at most.

Ultimate goal is to be in Maintenance again by the time I am 40 (July 2023)

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    My goals for 2021 are.....1) lose the 11 extra pounds I have found over the holidays 2) try to reach my goal weight of 190 to 199 sometime this year, that would be about a 50 lb loss 3) do a maintenance break the end of March and handle it successfully so I can keep my weight off the rest of my life 4) continue exercising in the pool and add some light aerobics and walking 5) forgive myself if I mess up 6) help anyone that needs advice or motivation to become a thinner, healthier person 7) be kind and smile more!....laugh longer and love deeper! 8) make 2021 my healthiest year ever! 9) be patient with my husband when he is hurting from RA and spinal stenosis 10) take time to reflect and be thankful for all that I have.....

I read these goals again this evening and I thought to myself that these are great goals!..hopefully I will continue sticking o them!

I have stayed off of the scales the last three weeks but I am going to get weighed in the morning...I am excited, nervous, and afraid....I refuse to continue letting the scales control my day to day existence!...I am hoping for a great loss but I will try not to be disappointed if I only have a small loss....either way I know if I keep eating at my calorie goal, I will lose weight....trust in the process!...
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Looks like I didn't do one of these !

My biggest goal for this year is to get under 200 pounds! Ultimately I want to loose more than that in 2021 but I will feel so much better about myself once I'm back under 200 pounds! I'm currently at 240.7 ....

I also want to be able to stay motivated especially through plateaus ! Plateaus have made me loose motivation and completely give up and stop before!

I also need the ability to not let my husband's success with weight loss not get to me and make me loose motivation because that has happened to me before ... I have to remember that his loss won't be the same as mine even tho I've been at it longer we are around the same weight now ... he started around 248 and I started at 290 also his metabolism is very different than mine... (I've always known this but in th6 past it has gotten to me)

I think a day by day commitment/ goal to do my best is a great thing also.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ... I have stayed off of the scales the last three weeks but I am going to get weighed in the morning...I am excited, nervous, and afraid....I refuse to continue letting the scales control my day to day existence!...I am hoping for a great loss but I will try not to be disappointed if I only have a small loss....either way I know if I keep eating at my calorie goal, I will lose weight....trust in the process!...

I am thinking of you this morning, Connie. No matter what that scale says your journey is successful. Everyday you are here your are keeping on that path in the bigger picture - even when things get a bit hairy in the smaller picture! - you have been such an inspiration and support - though I've only been a part of this group for a short time.

But damn - a nice drop on the scale would feel so good!!!!!! So I have my fingers crossed for you.

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 Wow! Congratulations on a great loss!!! How wonderful it must have been to see that number on the scale.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 - I'm so happy you were gifted with this morale booster today! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

Though of course we do not let the scale control our emotions. o:)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    As soon as I saw the number I automatically wished it could have been more!...I guess that’s how the overweight brain reacts!...but I will take the 10 pounds!...thanks for all you are doing for the Larger Loser group since our fearless leader is still MIA!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    2021 Goals include "showing up" to my fav group - LLs.

@Rashel_kitten your goal to be in onederland this year resonates with me because I am striving towards this, too (CW 247).

I'll share here that like so many people, 2020 was difficult for me. I remain most grateful for continued good health, economic stability, friends and family.

Looking back on positive changes with my health that I've made and incorporated into my life are significantly reducing my alcohol intake from daily to once weekly. I've reduced my standard breakfast calories by substituting turkey sausage and then reducing the quantity with no loss to my perceived satisfaction and desire for a protein based breakfast. I've figured out some options for on-the-go hunger including Jimmy Johns "unwich" Tom Turkey.

Challenges remains and goals to improve continue, but that's what it's all about.

Hugs to y'all
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I may as well commit and write it out so I tell myself I’m serious this time! My main goal would be first...to stick with MFP and eating low cal/cleanly for ALL of 2021 with no big breaks...even if I mess up, struggle or god forbid have a binge. Second..I really would love to get under 200..hell ...I’d even settle for 220. I still have a long way to go though so to meet that goal it will take dedication and consistency.
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great loss, and staying off the scale isn't a bad thing, you showed yourself you can do it and not be slave to the emotions of the scale!

I mentioned in another thread my boyfriend and I are doing a joint challenge. We started Jan 21 and end the Friday before memorial day, 18 weeks. I set a 25 pound goal. So that's step 1. If I hit it I'll be at 179.

We'll take a break for our birthdays and stay even then start again mid June until Labor Day. That's 10 weeks, I know I'll try for 10 but may shoot for 15. Either way that brings me to 169-164. Goal 2.

My goal for Nov-year end is to stay even and not gain. I'll be vaccinationed finally so there will be parties and drinking (boyfriend is a musician, I am an introverted homebody, should be interesting.....).

End of year, I don't know yet. I have October to play with.aybe 159?
    My first serious real goal in general is 149, then take a break and see if I want to go to 139. I will be getting a breast reduction and lift (1 week recovery) amd maybe a tummy tuck (long painful recovery).

Step 1, 179 by Memorial Day!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    @FitByFifty1970 not sure where you live but the plastic surgeons I have been researching have a thing called a mommy makeover. It does the boobs and belly together in one surgery. My end goal is to get all the skin removed ie: tummy tuck and thighs. My girls could use some help but I would much rather get my thighs done!

My first goal is 174. That puts me at a normal BMI. The plastic surgeon won’t even do a consult with me until that happens. I then want to be down to 150 before the surgery. They say it isn’t good to continue to loose weight after that it will cause more skin so I want to make sure I am right where I need to be before hand to get the best results. I hate pain and this is going to be excruciating so I want to get it right.