Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    When the husband is on call you have adapt your training plans. I have so missed training days.
    xoh15gs0oxc7.jpg

Awesome job ... I am missing steps from you for 12/29 thru 1/2

I am so sorry Megan
    12/29-6366
    12/30-11982
    12/31-4042
    1/1-13119
    1/2-0

No need to apologize ...I am just wanting to get it all done before tomorrow ...Thank you for getting them to me :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Missing steps from these people ....Please get them in ASAP

@Tazaria87 1/2
    @Z1ORtza 12/30-1/2
    @rlaskey2 1/2
    @mari_moulin 1/2
    @363days 1/2
    @iradi8 1/2
    @28Haveitall2020 -12/29-1/2
    @shortyjmorgan1 12/29-1/2
    @draby2011 1/2
    @Beautyofdreams 1/1

Thanks for your cooperation :)

1/2: 7, 637 steps :smile:

Sorry about that!

Thank you for getting it in and no need to apologize :)
  • cabman
    cabman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SW JAN 01 94.8KG
    CW JAN 04 94.7KG
    LTD O.1KG
    :)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
  • 363days
    Options
    cabman wrote: »
    Hi.
    I am from New Zealand,(so will annoying be speaking in metric )we are so lucky at the moment that we are practically covid free. Enjoying summer and I have 1 more week of leave before heading back to work.

I am 45 years old and a couple of years ago I went from about 110kg at my heaviest to under 80kg. MFP was a part of my success, and was sold on Cico after reading an article on here about a man losing an enormous amount for weight by eating only potatoes. I did not go to that extreme. But had a regular go to breakfast and lunch most days - yogurt and cereal, tin tuna on toast.

I have now ballooned back to 94.8 (this will be my new starting weight ) I have put on a bit of muscle I had lose during previous weight loss. But i can not kid myself, it is a fair bit of fat too.

I have recently started a 5-10km running training program, and regularly go to the gym.

I will post at least weekly with my weigh in. Monday evenings nz time, and may include some weekly goals.

All the best to everyone on here. I am normally a man short on words, but do enjoy reading all your posts and gain empathy, motivation and enjoyment from your struggles, successes and stories.

Glad to have you! it is so fun having people from all around the globe - it makes me feel like I'm traveling during Covid!
  • 363days
    Options
    Congrats Bluetail6, littleflutterby and Tazaria87, and to the team as a whole!!! We rocked December and now to STORM January!
  • 363days
    Options
    I listened to a podcast that I found helpful about goal setting. It is on "Afford Anything" and the guest is Geoff Woods "The one question that makes everything easier". Episode 293. The podcast relates to the fact that we set too many goals at once and instead should do 1 at a time for 66 days or until it becomes a habit, then tackle another. He uses losing weight, as a goal, in an example for making one of his points As someone who always has a ton of goals and tries to do them all at once, I found it very helpful and gave me something to consider.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1/3: 8,901 steps

I initially went to work this morning but we were surprisingly slow and properly staffed so they allowed me to leave early. It worked out great because I had a massive headache which I am trying to solve. I have been getting them the last 3 days and I think it is because a) caffeine withdrawal (lowering soda intake), b) lowering carbs, or c) my blood sugar getting too low because of fasting. I came home and lounged around trying to get rid of it and I did feel a little bit better after eating my yummy lunch (pictured below)! h4ubnkfzzl8x.jpg

I did a quick Fitbit guided workout and then decided to go for a walk/jog even though I really didn't want to. I am so glad that I did. I had the opportunity to think about a lot of things. A lot of those things being why I keep getting off track. I listen to all these motivational and self-improvement podcasts and things and I know what I am supposed to do but I struggle with doing those things. So I set some serious (but small) goals for myself as well as rewards and have them written down on my wall.

Goals:
    1. Wake up on the first alarm
    2. No more social media scrolling
    3. Do something to get my heart pumping
    4. Work out after work on hospital days (I found that my job offers a 24-hour gym and as long as you use it 3x per week minimum, they don't charge you for it. (Healthy team goal incentive)
    5. 7,000 steps per day
    6. Increase water intake

Rewards:
    1. Self-care day once weekly (bubble bath, nail day, hair day, etc.)
    2. When 20 pounds down (from today's weight) Victoria's Secret Shopping spree
    3. When 50 pounds down (from today's weight) Tattoo
    4. When goal met (Destination vacation, probably Gatlinburg!)

I am so pumped up and I think when I see those rewards it will keep me motivated. I may also take a pic and post it as my phone screen saver so that I see it constantly. Let's see how this goes!

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I must say I am excited for January .... I am back on Keto ....I am prepared with meal prep ... I have decided to stick with 1 cookbook at a time (last year I was all over the place using several cookbooks ) I will be only eating Wholesomeyum keto recipes ...I also joined her 10 day challenge ... I will succeed 1 month at a time ....just hope the scale will cooperate :) ...Looking forward to seeing this wonderful team succeed too...We got this :)<3

You are set up and all ready to go!!! awesome stuff Megan!!
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Just love waking up, getting my coffee and reading all the wonderful comments. Did my weigh in yesterday, SW 255, CW 156 (1/2/20) goal is lose at least 16 more, maybe even 20. I am so enthused to be on this team. Thank you all for your support. Yesterday: 40 min on the elliptical (two separate times, can't do 40 yet) with that conversion and my steps on the Fit Bit = 10,960 steps. Super proud! Ate well but did have a glass of wine with dinner, still finishing our NYs stuff. Made Italian Wedding Soup for today, planning a riced cauliflower / mex dish for dinner. I hope to lose 2 lbs a week, but will take anything!

I love to do the same thing in the mornings when I'm off work- my wife gets up at the crack of noon so part of my "me time" is to sit here with a cuppa and read everyone's posts :)

Great start to the month too! Awesome steps and some great food :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    eupo7wpr8dv7.png

Congrats peeps! That's amazing!!

jugar wrote: »
    Wait Wait - Don't Tell Us!
    75tf3m0avzwx.png

The Results from December 2020 are in! They are, um, amazing!
    vitnlklwx1zx.png

First off: WEEK FIVE
    Every team gained weight during week 5. We all stuck together! We were AWESOME!

So we are NOT going to announce which teams gained the least. But we ARE going to celebrate the awesome people who actually lost weight in spite of it being the last week of December!

The TOP amazing, committed, wonderful leaders of Week 5 are:
    21r1s997x9ao.png

Ask these people how they did it. They are our heroes. Without them, the final results for December would never have been as good as they were.
    And Now!
    ih0k3hrwbrip.png

The full December F2F results - only teams with a loss for the month qualified!
    58qc6m3ppywj.png
    as7rb5yu4cxi.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    sdoxs4tav9j3.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    nyirwzryqq2b.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st CurvyCalorie - 6.5%
    2nd Bluetail6 - 5.15%
    3rd littleflutteby - 5.10%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st littleflutterby - 17.0 pounds
    2nd davidji82 - 15.4 pounds
    3rd happimess01 - 13.9 pounds

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Tazaria87 veryhotmails kandi3570
    SisuMom2019 RYcare MandiSaysHey
    machchic Dogmom1978 KristieJC

dk0jcy82u6pp.png

Congrats to @Tazaria87 and @Bluetail6 and everyone else for sticking with the month and surviving!!!! December is always a tough month for some diet-wise! And a 5 week month too, extra hard!
    When the husband is on call you have adapt your training plans. I have so missed training days.
    xoh15gs0oxc7.jpg

That's really impressive! Great job!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    cabman wrote: »
    Hi.
    I am from New Zealand,(so will annoying be speaking in metric )we are so lucky at the moment that we are practically covid free. Enjoying summer and I have 1 more week of leave before heading back to work.

I am 45 years old and a couple of years ago I went from about 110kg at my heaviest to under 80kg. MFP was a part of my success, and was sold on Cico after reading an article on here about a man losing an enormous amount for weight by eating only potatoes. I did not go to that extreme. But had a regular go to breakfast and lunch most days - yogurt and cereal, tin tuna on toast.

I have now ballooned back to 94.8 (this will be my new starting weight ) I have put on a bit of muscle I had lose during previous weight loss. But i can not kid myself, it is a fair bit of fat too.

I have recently started a 5-10km running training program, and regularly go to the gym.

I will post at least weekly with my weigh in. Monday evenings nz time, and may include some weekly goals.

All the best to everyone on here. I am normally a man short on words, but do enjoy reading all your posts and gain empathy, motivation and enjoyment from your struggles, successes and stories.

Great to have you here, mate! You have a plan and that's awesome! I look forward to seeing your goals too!
    363days wrote: »
    I listened to a podcast that I found helpful about goal setting. It is on "Afford Anything" and the guest is Geoff Woods "The one question that makes everything easier". Episode 293. The podcast relates to the fact that we set too many goals at once and instead should do 1 at a time for 66 days or until it becomes a habit, then tackle another. He uses losing weight, as a goal, in an example for making one of his points As someone who always has a ton of goals and tries to do them all at once, I found it very helpful and gave me something to consider.

I'm going to check this out! Thanks!

I do that a lot- set myself up for failure basically. Keeping it simple has helped me with my weight loss and general serenity.... I'm going to try and do that with my studying too!

01/01 60 minutes walking at 2.8 mph
    01/03 No steps. @Megan_smartiepants1970

01/03
    PW: 161.3
    CW: 156.8
    LTD: 66.9

Congratulations to @littleflutterby, @Bluetail6 and @Tazaria87.

I fell down twice this morning and rapped my chin against my dresser. Am nursing a mild concussion. Think I need to talk to my doctor about my blood pressure medication. Will try to get moving tomorrow.

Enjoying reading everyone's introductions. Let's make 2021 a year for positive changes.

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! I hope that you are feeling better real soon! And great weigh loss for the week hun! xx
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Jan 2. check in
    Tracked - yes
    exercise - walk
    Steps - 8225

I'm not feeling great as I have some kind of stomach issue, but I still walked. I couldn't eat much, but I'm still getting things done. Just finished cleaning.

I hope everybody had a nice weekend.

Sorry you're not feeling well hun. as you know, I've had tummy problems for about a month now and it's really hindered my exercising. Great you went out for a walk and did some cleaning!!! Hope you're feeling better soon love!
    draby2011 wrote: »
    1/3: 8,901 steps

I initially went to work this morning but we were surprisingly slow and properly staffed so they allowed me to leave early. It worked out great because I had a massive headache which I am trying to solve. I have been getting them the last 3 days and I think it is because a) caffeine withdrawal (lowering soda intake), b) lowering carbs, or c) my blood sugar getting too low because of fasting. I came home and lounged around trying to get rid of it and I did feel a little bit better after eating my yummy lunch (pictured below)! h4ubnkfzzl8x.jpg

I did a quick Fitbit guided workout and then decided to go for a walk/jog even though I really didn't want to. I am so glad that I did. I had the opportunity to think about a lot of things. A lot of those things being why I keep getting off track. I listen to all these motivational and self-improvement podcasts and things and I know what I am supposed to do but I struggle with doing those things. So I set some serious (but small) goals for myself as well as rewards and have them written down on my wall.

Goals:
    1. Wake up on the first alarm
    2. No more social media scrolling
    3. Do something to get my heart pumping
    4. Work out after work on hospital days (I found that my job offers a 24-hour gym and as long as you use it 3x per week minimum, they don't charge you for it. (Healthy team goal incentive)
    5. 7,000 steps per day
    6. Increase water intake

Rewards:
    1. Self-care day once weekly (bubble bath, nail day, hair day, etc.)
    2. When 20 pounds down (from today's weight) Victoria's Secret Shopping spree
    3. When 50 pounds down (from today's weight) Tattoo
    4. When goal met (Destination vacation, probably Gatlinburg!)

I am so pumped up and I think when I see those rewards it will keep me motivated. I may also take a pic and post it as my phone screen saver so that I see it constantly. Let's see how this goes!

That food looks super yum! What is it?

Great goals and rewards!!! I need to think about what I do for myself when I get to certain targets. Probably a new tattoo as well.... and I would love to go to the guy who did all my others, but he is a 7 hour plane ride away so..... that's a commitment haha

I love your ideas, thanks for posting them, they have given me some good ideas!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    FYI I will be zeroing out all the steps I do not have at 9pm my time December week 5 (12/27 to 1/2 ) so that I can do the end of the year winners and such ...
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Ok so my check in for 3/1

* Track everything I eat ✔️
    * Drink 2L water daily (minimum) ✔️
    * Get out of bed by 9am every day ❌ (whoops, forgot to set my alarm!)

Steps for the day- 4122 + half an hour of crazy house cleaning- 2340 = 6462.

I actually did more than that but I was moving around a LOT organising cupboards, got rid of like a whole shopping cart worth of old bits that my wife has had probably longer than I've been alive! haha. It was nice to do a clearout!

So my amazon package of study stuff came today! So I have officially started! I am doing smaller chunks to not get overwhelmed. Focussing on one unit at a time. There are 6 parts to this course plus a midterm and a final exam. The first unit has 10 parts to it... I have done the first one already and after I finish this post I am going to do a 2nd. I am really pumped to get started but I have to remember too that I am up at 6am for work!

I was meant to stay at a friend's to make my trip to work a hell of a lot easier, but she cancelled because she was sick (she has a lot of health issues) total bummer but that's ok!

I feel really bloated today, it's been a weird week. I don't think the scales have really moved much. But that is out of my control. I can only do the do things and whatever the number is on the scale on Tuesday, I will have to accept it, even if I don't like it!

Thanks everyone so much for the love and congrats! I am over the moon with the 17lb loss last month. I know I have a long way to go but I try not to think about it too much. I am over 40lb lighter than I was in mid-october and that is what matters! I am so glad I didnt just put it off like i had been doing for months before I got to that point.

I also don't beat myself up for not starting sooner- I know I just wasn't ready.

Anyway, I am going to log off here and get some more studying done! and then shower and bed.

Have a good night all, I will touch base tomorrow!

Tx
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/2 Steps 15, 617
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/3: 7228 steps
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope I am not too late to still be added for the step challenge.
    I am struggling on the steps, I honestly think if that is all I do, I would loose this weight.

Anyway.. add me if not too late. If it is too late, that's ok, I will still report. :)

I will add you ... Do you have a step pledge that you would like to meet daily ?

Ive never done a pledge, maybe if I do that I will get my steps in.. haha
    Let me start with something easy, since I hardly ever even get 2000.. starting tomorrow I will pledge 3000 steps. Not near enough, but who knows maybe I can do it if I say it on here and outloud. The beginning of the year I sit at my desk more then anything doing the books for work, so really not very active, plus it's cold outside and who wants to go out in that? Not I.
    So easy answer is Yes. 3000 steps.
This discussion has been closed.