Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Wet and windy week! John will need to walk the little road to clear any limbs or branches blown down last night. We had SOME wind and fierce gusts! More rain tomorrow and showers this afternoon.

I love the look of knitted things and also crochet. I must own up to it...I can’t knit or crochet and never will be able to. It is just NOT in my ability to handle the little needles and crochet hooks I used to love to make up designs to do crewel embroidery on various things. I had thread of every color and size. I am not sure why I stopped. I can’t fit everything I love to do into my life. I don’t have enough hours in the day. I would like to add a comment about journals. They are wonderful tools. Mine contains notes, little lists, sketches, rants, whines, cut out things I like in magazines or catalogs, phone numbers and email passwords etc. the stuff of life. But caution here....some of the things I put in my journal should be in other places. Alas, I have mentioned I tend to be disorganized. The journal is a sort of councilor or a place to talk about issues and I don’t have to be fair or right. Just vent frustrations.

Today is chicken casserole and a side salad. The casserole is brown rice, chicken, mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery and broccoli in a very light brown sauce. Sounds awful I know, but it really is good on a cold wet Sunday afternoon. John says it tastes great but it does have a lot of annoying veggies.

Today’s music is Sunday Baroque. Cheerful, calming ancient music. This Sunday also features a lot of Mozart. Nice🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    Stay safe dear friends,
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon. Church this morning and then got busy on some cards that need to be mailed. Unfortunately a sympathy card, a thinking of you card and started a birthday card. It is stamped and now to color it. Colored pencils or water color pencils? Haven’t decided but I stamped a few of the images so if I mess one up, I can move on. I have more January birthdays so need to keep my nose to the grindstone. 🤣😂

I find that I do not have a good PVA glue so I did order a small container to try. Should arrive mid week. Since it is just one project per week, I will wait and likely get behind from the start.

Sandy, we did not get any more snow. We have a bit of sunshine today and maybe we won’t get additional snow until around Wednesday. That would be fine with me. I was out this morning spreading salt. The down spout is plugged with ice and water is spilling out over the eaves and there are icicles and a huge patch of ice on the driveway below. Hope the weight of the ice doesn’t pull the gutter down.

Jackie, glad to hear the automatic door is behaving in an automatic way! And hey, George in charge?! I don’t know that I would always trust his judgment. 😄 An interesting list of things to learn. But I think I might construct a different list. Are you selecting one item from the list?

Barbie, good idea to finish the larger piece to donate and start over with a smaller scale for the baby. I am sorry it is so wet in your area. Groceries once again! Enjoy the drive.

Sandy, I remember that movie. At least I think I do, a bit adult in some respects but it was funny. Very sexy Jessica. Wooo!

Patsy, yes, a journal is for whatever you want to put in it, little scraps of paper, things that catch your eye, scribbles, collage, painting, stamping, poems......at least that is my version. And I am happy to hear you use yours in a wonderful way as well organized? What the heck is that?

Anne, apparently you are not to escape Bailey’s. 🤭 You didn’t refuse it did you? Well, now you are racing through puzzles and I opened one but haven’t spent any time on it as I have been concentrating on other things and this one also seems quite difficult. Well, I have all winter. ☺️

Back to work. Best wishes all.

Lin🤞🏻
    ❤️❤️

Teapot, not Bailey’s

vkjqb7b37sq2.jpeg

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Good late-afternoon (it was a cold morning in the 20’s with occasional flurries)…. Been busy since 5am…Started off by cooking todays lunch (a little early lol)…then the gym and a bottle return I had been putting off… next Jean and I walked the mall (could tell by the parking lot not many people)…then an unplanned visit to my sister’s home…now back home and just re-heated that 5am lunch. LUNCH (207 cal.) Boneless Pork Chop- Top Loin, red sauce, garlic & herbs riced cauliflower and Spaghetti Squash.

yq2zral1bs5g.jpg

Found out last night friends of my daughter’s family all have tested positive for Covid. First the dad got it & then the wife/young son. NOT hospitalized. Another family friend that lives in Rochester not doing as well. He is a doctor himself, but has issues. Most of his family members do not live long lives (50-60’s). He is in serious condition at hospital.

Jackie – Glad you survived New Years. We had a bit of fun…but all and all pretty sedate due to everything Covid related. The article I read about tea was: “10 Helpful Teas During Cold and Flu Season” and the matching beads supplied by Jean of course. Feel your pain on “the steps” struggle. Today was a good day and hit 10k… but during December I struggled many days to hit 6k. Eating wasn’t a problem, nor was the Pinot.

Lin – Glad you have a lot of projects going and hope that “daylight” lamp helps with gaining the mood-enhancing benefits of natural sunlight when there isn’t any.

Sandy – Can’t say I have ever seen a bad profile of you, but understand the hair thing. I on the other hand would have to wait a VERY long time before my hair grew back to the length / thickness I once had. LOL.

I had planned to post more, but Jean has texted a couple times so I better get a move on and see what’s up.

Patsy, Anne & Barbie – hope all has been going well this weekend for you.

Bye for now Bob – stay well!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,043 Member
    Options
    From Anne
    Hello, an evening post for once, but I have to admit very little to relate because it's snowing again, but only a bit.
    I ate my own lamb chop SANDY, Bean ate Michael's and it was she who didn't feel guilty at all. No chops today. I started my vegetarian meal plan and much to my surprise really enjoyed today's concoction. I'd bought a vegetarian cookbook earlier in the last year and it was a Bean, onion, tomato, various spices, spinach etc stew. Very economical because enough for four meals and very filling and tasty. Will definitely make it again. The beans, 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of mixed medley beans. Ate it with crusty french bread, but it was very filling on its own which surprised me. All the naughty stuff is now gone and I'm getting serious about weight loss, or at least back to what I was!
    It's getting late but Mikes sent me what he describes as a disturbing political video so I'll say goodbye for now, have a listen and will probably end up with a wide awake thinking night!
    Just lovely reading everyone's posts. Most enjoyable! Just to say the Baileys will remain unopened until next Christmas LIN.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    From Anne
    Morning Sneakers, wrote a bit yesterday but stopped to listen to a video Michael sent me. It was on the radio this morning so you will all know what I'm talking about. Regardless, something struck me this morning and please don't carry on reading if you don't want to be bored!
    With the virus I've landed back in time and I'm becoming like a Jane Austen middle class character! For instance, its Monday, and I did the washing yesterday plus leftovers to eat and so here I am sitting on the sofa penning thoughts. Well I had no servants to run the bath water but I ate porridge for breakfast just like Jane. Today not much in the way of housework, a flip with the feather duster or swiffer! Miserable day, so a quick walk with the hound dog around the (housing) estate and then make out a grocery order to be delivered tomorrow by horseless carriage and the Gateway man servant (Dorio).
    Lunch and then I can decide there's nothing on TV, the radio is pretty lousy as the Kings English has been replaced with accents I can barely decipher anymore. So I can do a jigsaw (solitaire in Janes day) or pen pensive thoughts that we haven't come that far since Jane in her empire line dress and rumblings of Napoleonic wars. Definitely need to buy yarn and start knitting BARBIE!
    Definitely also the right time to get down to writing novels and painting masterpieces.
    Did you make it this far? One thing Jane didn't have, a phone. Some East Indian guy just offered to clean my ducts. Informed him my yard isn't big enough to keep Ducks, oh witty Anne.
    You don't have to post this SANDY. Just me with thoughts from Canada.
    Hugs to all from Anne and her companion, the ever faithful Bean.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) A nothing day for me and I welcome it, no chores, no calls, no nothing. I rode the bike for over two hours yesterday as I was watching a movie and needed calories for the left over pizza I brought home Saturday.
    It worked as I am back to goal which makes me happy.

Anne, you are such a good writer I felt like I was back in time with you. And did you really say that to the guy about the ducks? Hysterical!! Very disturbing video indeed.

Bob, always on the move but eating healthy and staying active, good for you.

Lin, yes there was some adult humor in the movie and Jessica was quite sexy but kids don't notice those things.
    It was impressive how they had animation mixed in with the real life actors so I enjoyed it. Good luck with the card making, it sure does keep you busy. I have a journal I try to write in each morning but just to let out my feelings.
    I am not good with writing so there are many skipped days.

Patsy, you have so many other talents that not being able to knit or crochet is not a problem. If I remember right didn't you and Anne co write a book? Has it been published or is there anyway we sneakers can get a copy??

Hello to Jackie and Barbie. Have a great day and please stay safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    This is to be a on and off kind of week. More rain and a bit of sunshine mixed in every so often. I confess to being on tender-hooks about our country. It feels like a grenade about to explode. Stay safe everyone. Steer clear of crowds!

Today is a Monday in all respects. Laundry, clean bathrooms, I should do a good dusting and polishing in the living room. I can’t do everything all at once, so I need to make a list and keep knocking down the the check list. I am lucky I can still hobble around and do most of it but you would not believe how slow I am at these things.

I am eating healthy and I still do my exercises but note to Barbie here.....I still haven’t added more exercises or more reps on what I do. You are a rock star Barbie! I am impressed with both you and Sandy. Wow! 2 hours on the bike!

Sandy: Yes, Anne and I wrote some children’s stories. She may not own up to it but they are witty and charming and I love them. There is a lot of her English charm and naughty puppies, of course. Maybe we can find a way to share them. We will see.

Lin: your journal sounds like mine. John says my journal is scary. It has a recipe for mom’s BBQ sauce and my Grams pie crust. Both are state secrets. My mom never really gave out her real recipes, they were similar but not exactly. I told you she was wicked at times. I have to delve into her private papers to get these special recipes.

Jackie: I think we are getting close to being able to get the vaccine. John is nervous about it. NOT ME! I told him I will go first, then we can see how I do before he offers his arm. He says that is silly, we are practically one person, living under one roof. I don’t think either of us could manage alone. Seriously.

Our son lost his old doggie pal last month. He now says he is going to get another canine pal. Life is too empty without one. He has never in his life been without a dog and he had two feral cats for 22+ years. Horrible Poorly behaved cats. He found them, new born, in a dumpster right after he got out of college. He raised them with the help of our vet. They had to be fed every two hours and bathed with a warm wet cloth also every 2 hours. At first they lived in his desk drawer wrapped in a wool sweater. These old fur babies passed away fairly recently as well. It is a requirement for all his girlfriends to be animal friendly.
    Off to clean bathroom #1.
    Patsy☘️
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Good afternoon Sneakers !

It was a busy morning again. Gym, a mall walk, computer work and lunch. The mall was as empty as ever – so many places going out of business. It’s like being in “The Omega Man” 1971 film with Charlton Heston as a lone survivor. LOL (see pic). Found 2 pic of Jean and me from New Years on my camera (not the cell phone) – forgot we had taken them. MONDAY LUNCH (231 cal.) Chicken Breast, Skinless, Garlic & herb riced cauliflower, Spaghetti Squash and Zero Sugar Carolina Bbq Sauce

f1qni0eudbig.jpg

a32ede5a0e2y.jpg

700z7ouc0urn.jpg

That’s it for the 1st part of the day…

Hello Anne – Enjoyed your “evening post” - sorry about all the snow. I haven’t had lamb chops in decades. My mother made the best, but I bombed out with mine – but that was more than 20 years ago before I “like to cook” so it might be time to try again. Good luck with the vegetarian meal plan. No matter what I am eating it is always fun to try a new concoction. For me it is the same (new as of May 2019) mix of “healthy fats, moderate protein, and low carbs.” Essentially I have eliminated 90 % refined carbs and sugar. Everyone has to find out what works for them and makes them happy and healthy! Best wishes for great success.

Sandy – A happy Monday to you as well. Glad you are taking a rest day from chores, calls etc. CONGRATS on being back to your goal. As they say – the struggle is real. LOL. As you noted, doing my best to eat healthy and keep moving – but overdid the eating a bit and not confessing to the amount of Rebel ice cream I ate (and it isn’t low cal despite no sugar).

Patsy – Like you fortunate that there is no real bad weather headed this way. Gray, cloudy, cold and a flurry once in a while – but that’s it. No snowstorms! There is something about eating healthy and exercising that is mood lifting. I am still not doing the weight lifting, but have a routine. Hope your son finds just the right dog to replace his old friend. Animals can add so much to our lives. I wish Sabrina was more like her predecessors, but she is sweet nonetheless. You mentioned feeling like a grenade and I immediately started singing "Grenade" by Bruno Mars LOL.

Lin and everyone else – have a great day. Bob
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Here we go again, Britain in complete lockdown until who knows when. It wasn’t until our Boris suggested this evening we all pool our resources as we did back in March and be strong to see this through that it hit me how tired I am of this damn virus! Our infection rates are scary and as ever, far too many deaths but mostly I feel for our health professionals that are being swamped again.
    Patsy, I don’t think there’s anything to be scared of with the vaccine. Certainly I can vouch for the Oxford one being stringently tested in the UK before it was approved if you have a choice. John must have seen news footage of the vaccine being administered here and so far I haven’t seen one recipient flinch! I might, and it’s a BIG might, get vaccinated by mid February according to Health England plans but we all know about the best laid plans of mice and men!
    It doesn’t surprise me one bit that your son is an animal lover, after all your and John’s zany approach to pets must in no small way have influenced him!

Anne, yesterday I cooked the shoulder of lamb originally planned for Christmas and it was delicious. I followed the slow cooking instructions so 20 minutes on high then half an hour per 100 grams while a few roast potatoes cooked in goose fat and veggies steamed merrily. Best of all though was my thick gravy! As I sat and eat my meal Betty spent the whole time sniffing the air as she searched the dining room!
    I thought you would enjoy the cat story. They are fickle but that’s what I love about them. Brady can spend as much time with my neighbours as home and they often message a photo of him sleeping on a spare bed in the middle of the day!

Sandy, I thought of you as I walked through the freezer section of the supermarket this afternoon and glanced at the stacks of pizzas. It’s a once a year event for me to eat a vegetarian pizza. Just glanced at the tv where a cookery programme is testing varieties of mozzarella... they are using pizza ovens out in the open in Italy so beautiful scenery.

Time for a satsuma and another log on the fire. It’s been a freezing cold day and I can feel my feet turning to blocks of ice!

Stay safe and definitely avoid any crowds, especially angry ones!
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello, a busy day here as well. The weather was okay with a bit of melting and since both regular trash and recycling will be picked up tomorrow, I wanted to sort through some things with an eye to tossing some more things out. So after my drive to the post office, I started some sorting. I am slow when it comes to throwing things away so that pretty much wraps up the remainder of the day.

I did get the magazine rack cleared out a bit. And then sorted through a stack of ink pads. Different colors, different brands, different formulations, pigment ink, dye ink and hybrid ink. Anyway, the pad does dry out at some point and needs to be re-inked. Years ago I just bought colors I liked regardless of the properties and also with no eye as to whether or not it was discontinued. I ended up with a number of pads that cannot be reinked because the refill bottles of ink are unavailable.

I spent a lot of time determining if a stack of ink pads were ‘juicy’ enough to use. Lots of time spent to end up throwing most of them out. 🤣😂🤣. Then moved on to the different liquid adhesives I have purchased. I have a couple of favorites now. The rest are pretty dried out. Waving good-bye!

That’s how the afternoon slipped away. Pleasant though.

I looked through many photos and cards I have received over the years. Very few of these hit the trash. Today at least.

Next up? Maybe pens and markers. Time will tell. The trash is at the curb.

Tomorrow, a trip to the library to return books and pick up some that I will lose if I do not get them tomorrow. I am at the end of the hold period. I tried to renew several books I have checked out but no surprise, other patrons have requested the materials so I have to surrender them.

Oh and I finished the coloring, cutting and assembly for my friend’s birthday card and got it in one so I have leftover stamped images. I used colored pencils and gamsol. Turned out okay.

More cards on tap, birthday and thinking of you. I made a dozen tiny snowmen over the weekend but so far, not enough to make generic cards with a winter theme. More elements are needed for the card fronts. Will get back to that. 🤣😂🤣

Bob, yes, your photos do look post apocalyptic, you (and Jean) as last survivors? Not a great thought. Is there generally a lot of traffic? Ours seems more normal during the day. Our shopping areas have cars in the parking lots, drug stores and grocery stores have the most cars of course.

Jackie, I just brought a Mandarin/Clementine upstairs from the basement. They keep quite well in the basement as the floor is cold. I am sorry Boris put you on lockdown again. The people who are tracking these things are very concerned about the spread of the variant. Every once in a while, it does hit you doesn’t it, how long will these conditions will last. I read an article written by a woman who lost her youth to hiding from the Nazis for several years. And now at the end of her life she has her life’s work hampered by this virus. Very touching article.

Sandy. A day off. Wonderful! Are you sitting for the kiddos tomorrow? I understand what you are saying. I often have nothing that I would want to write down in case someone else reads it. Most of my musings are private so I err on the side of little to nothing. I did write when I was younger but then destroyed it all along with my drawings, paintings and sketches. Now I think those things were more expressive than anything I could do now. Which again, I guess in the end, does not matter.

Patsy, I hope your son finds a wonderful new companion. He sounds like such a loving and compassionate soul. A lot like you methinks. I hope John does not hurt himself as he works his way through his task list. And if it takes time to do your tasks, then don’t frustrate yourself, it takes whatever time it takes! I don’t think I will be making a vaccine decision for months to come. Things are not moving along that well around here.

Anne, my gosh, or should I say Lady Anne? Actually I like that quite well. Snow, oh no, not again. We are on the edge of snow forecast for Wednesday. I prefer the sort of gray, but melting, afternoons we have experienced. Groceries tomorrow? I am not going to order this week. My last little order was December 28th but I ordered things like broccoli slaw, carrots, celery, etc. They last longer than fragile lettuce and cherry tomatoes for example. Probably when I need to order, we will be full into winter snow and storms and cold once again. Just thought I would try to save a bit of money. ☺️

Hi Barbie. Hope you and Jake are well.

Well, let’s see, teapots? Oh, I saw these today. Tea cozies. Love them!

i9fpbw3vsq7m.jpeg

And I did this little puzzle.

1wxe4bc56lon.jpeg

I am doing most of my puzzles electronically right now. Varied, quick and fun. Anyone else using a puzzle app? Again, too much going on to get going on the puzzle I opened. At least I did dump all the pieces out onto the table. 😂

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Loved all the pictures and getting caught up with everyone

We are really in isolation. We don’t go out unless it basically for food or an appointment or to drop something off at our kids. I walked out to get the mail and I think it was the first time I’ve left the house in 5 days. OMG

Christmas and New Years were awfully quiet as Alberta is not allowing any indoor social gatherings. We did have great FaceTimes with Mel and Melissa tho watching everyone open our gifts. Fun.

Despite all that we are doing good. Ed and I really enjoy each other’s company and I’ve done lots of Zoom meetings.

I’ve even got Ed walking with me as I bought him an Apple Watch for Christmas. He is now motivated to fill those rings too.

This is me dropping off Christmas presents.

9v16d8lim8dn.jpeg

Ed and I on our quiet New Years Eve.

lj61d8qz06t3.jpeg

Oops Ed wants me to watch tv with him.

Take care everyone

Jeri

• pinkperil
    Options
    Up early watching a golden sunrise appear on the horizon. Brady was chased in by my neighbour’s cat around 7.30 so George was immediately on guard and out through the cat flap into the garden room so I had to get up to let him back in. By the time I stepped over Brady sitting with his tail fluffed out in the middle of the stairs George had gone through the next cat flap to chase the other cat to the bottom of the garden! Next I hear Debs next door shouting at George so grabbed a jacket over my nighty and went down, still with slippers on, to see what was happening. Apparently Badger her cat had to clamber over the new fox deterrent fence and laurel hedge to get home! Brrr, the minus temperature wind hit my bare legs so i tottered back indoors and heated a mug of coffee while George took his time sniffing round the garden accompanied by Betty who had decided to join him.

Time for my morning shower then porridge with strawberries that Debs brought round yesterday, reduced down to just 20p a punnet as they’d reached their sell by date. A smell of summer in the kitchen!

Lin, last year I often commented that lockdown was nothing compared to what my parents went through in the last war but goodness, the experiences of survivors who had hidden for years from the Nazis are heartbreaking. There’s no comparison is there. At least we can take a deep breath and carry on regardless! Adorable tea cosies. I want one of each!

Back later!
    Jackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    :)Jackie, you are so right about how our lockdowns and shelter at home are nothing compared to what people endured during the war. It makes me sad to see how people feel that they are "entitled" to all the freedoms that they want.

:)Jeri, it is good to see you and part of your beautiful family. We, too, are staying close to home. Fortunately, we like each other so being home alone together is a delight.

:)Lin you have so many interests. I enjoy hearing about your adventures.

:)Sandy, the story about the baby blanket is that I am doing it for my new friend, the baby's grandmother. She had been estranged from her son for a long time and now she and her son are reconnected and he and his wife are expecting their first child after years of difficulty getting pregnant. Grandma is the one who wants to be able to give the baby something handknit and I am glad to help.

:)Anne, we don't give our dogs "people food", but if we did, I'd be sharing all the good stuff with them. We recently changed dog food brands to something they love and lick their plates clean. It costs more, but the dogs are that important to us.

:) My brain is muddled by the news on TV. Jake likes to watch a bit in the morning and I remind myself that we share this house and this life.

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    From Anne
    Experiments
    It being the pandemic with new things to explore to stop the mind going bonkers I've been conducting an experiment all week. It all began when I read an article about shampoos. In the Second World War years we didn't have shampoo. We didn't have electricity in our village either, just gas for lighting and a gas stove. Every Friday the kitchen fire would be banked up to allow the heat to reach the water tank in an upstairs bedroom. My mom would haul out a huge block of evil smelling carbolic soap and Anne, and no doubt all the other kids would be subject to a lathering of the locks. Hated this ritual, my hair was unmanageable all weekend and just when it was beginning to look normal out would come the carbolic. Now....I remember the ladies of that era had beautiful hair. Anyway back to today and I read an article that stated all shampoos have a chemical in them which can cause cancer. The cheaper the shampoo the worse it gets. Now I wash my hair every other day but the article suggested we should shampoo our hair only twice a week or only once. So, remembering those ghastly Friday evenings, and having no one but the family to see me, and they don't seem to care what I look like, I've had a whole week of unwashed hair. Actually it doesn't look any worse than it always does. It was at its best over the weekend when I see the family. Today, day seven, its much smoother and shinier and I know tomorrow when I wash it again I'll be running around with the frizzies back.
    I love trying new (old) things, new recipes, new food, new jigsaws, new countries, new stories, new ideas. Takes the mind off the bone grinding knees etc.
    Yes, SANDY, PATSY and I had a lot of fun combining our stories. My own favourite character was SAO (Salvation Army Organization) who was born a street cat on an old donated sofa outside the Sally Army and was addicted to catmint. Caused a lot of trouble for pups Jilly, George, Daisy and Katie. The duck comment by the way was true. I have a lot of fun with these poor Asian Indians trying to make a living by conning us poor pensioners out of our rent money. Favourite is when I assume an old quavery voice and say "is that you Michael". "No, no" they say, "your visa has been used illegally". To which I quaver that "I don't know any Vera's". At that point they give up. I'm a very naughty girl.
    Thinking of JACKIE and her cold tootsies, poor LIN shovelling, BARBIE knitting and pedalling furiously and BOB and Jean in their matching jail house rock sweaters.
    Life ain't half bad, and Dorio arrives today with the groceries hopefully!
    Anne, not exactly smelling like a rose garden until tomorrow!

• linder4866
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Morning teapot my friends. So wonderful to see Jeri (and Ed). Loved the pictures! And an update from Barbie too. Jackie, your dear critters are becoming mischief makers. Or maybe they have been all along! Is the automatic door still working? Updates on home improvements? Anne, you are a character. Happy grocery day. Hello Bob, Patsy and Sandy.

5hhydimujktf.jpeg

This photo was posted by a lady who was doing some cleaning and put this cluster of lovely teapots together for a photo. The small images seem fuzzy to me. But medium size is quite large. Sorry.

We have some sunshine and a lot of refreeze overnight so I have postponed my trip to the post office for a little while.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Okay, this had me nearly rolling on the floor. Soooo me! If you ha e time to watch this lady is a scream but it is TRUE for so many people I know, not just me.

https://youtu.be/r3D77sMmwd8

🤣😂🤣
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Brilliant video Lin, the lady is a comedienne and should be on tv. Is it just a coincidence she refers to you by name? 😆 In future when you post you’ve been shopping for more card and ink I’ll remember this lady and probably remind you!

Washed my hair this morning Anne and now have an uncontrollable mop atop my head! My last hair appointment was a disappointment as I think my hairdresser was distracted and I ended up with a longer style that doesn’t suit; also I couldn’t get another appointment for 7 weeks. Ha! That was then but I’m already planning to dig out the scarves I put in my hair during the first lockdown because Ministers are hinting mid March before we come out of this one. If the carcinogenic item in shampoo is something with a long name there are brands on the market that don’t add it.... End up with extremely soft hair though, something neither of us need! I found it in a health shop.

Cooking my supper but will return.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    From Anne
    LIN you asked if anyone did jigsaws using the IPad. I do. It's called "Totally fun jigsaw puzzles". What I do are the mystery puzzles which don't show you pictures of the outcome. Quite challenging at times. For instance today's was cups of tea, but by the tiny pieces the cup handles looked as if it would finish up a giant ox with big horns especially as the backdrop was all shaggy, like fur.
    I try to do one puzzle daily to get the brain moving and so far have completed all. Anne. Press the red parcel box for mystery.
  • Sandydur
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Sitting day but the sun is peeking out and the streets are dry. Babe called last night to say Daisy was at the vet with Phil and Cheryl because Babe found a big tumor on or in her ear. Of course I feel awful for Daisy but I took the opportunity to tell him I want my half of the stimulus check to which he said he needed the money and I replied I am not supporting your son with my half. I told him to let me know about Daisy and so far he has not called to let me know. I am so done with all of this, 2021 is going to be so different.

Anne, I actually wash my hair almost everyday except those rare occasions when I skip a day or skip a shower.
    If I listened or read every warning there would be nothing to eat, drink or wear. First eggs were good for you, then not, then good, how can one keep up?? I would love to see one of the stories you and Patsy wrote. I would love to be in the room with you when a salesperson calls and you give them a snappy answer, you devil you.

Jackie, I have the opposite problem when I asked to cut my hair short but not as short as it turned out. The good news is it will grow and I will save money on hair appointments. Those fur babies are causing trouble, I love it!!
    No one is as wild as Ewok when he gets in a mood but love him.

Lin, I agree with Jackie, funny video and it did remind me of you and all your supplies. Good luck in cleaning out what you don't need and keeping what you do. I love the tea cozies they are very cute. I have gone back to decaffeinated coffee so haven't had tea in a while.

Barbie, what a heart warming story about your friend and her son. Now you have to make the blanket extra special for the special bond between them. BTW, remember your friend who was separated for ten years? Are they still separated and still friends?? Just wondering.

Jeri, so good to see you and those wonderful grandchildren. I still can't believe your daughter and Sil have ten children, are they exhausted all the time? lol You and Ed look great and happy to hear you are keeping safe.

Bob, cute pictures of you and Jean sipping the bubbly. Your mall does look like a ghost town but that is good for your walking. Any way you can make your pictures smaller just to make it easy on lazy me?

Patsy, good for your son in wanting another puppy. I really wish I could get a pup, but my dil has so many allergies they wouldn't stay with me if I did. Thank goodness I have Ewok and once a little warmer I will keep him a couple of days for company. I really miss Daisy and get full of resentment that I can't see her but have learned to let it go.

Time to skedaddle. Have a wonderful day and keep staying safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• NikonPal
    Options
    Good afternoon Sneakers! Quiet but active day. Late start to gym. We wanted to surprise one of my dozens of nephews – a school bus driver. He holds a special place in our hearts and has a genetic disorder that impacts his heart and required aortic valve replacement when he was just in his 20’s. Absolutely superb with kids, smart and talented. His temperament with kids is amazing (better than I could ever be) and they love him. Great dad and husband. Suprisingly, I snapped a photo LOL. Lunch was left over: Chicken Breast, Skinless, Asparagus Tips, Mushrooms, Broccoli, garlic, zero sugar bbq sauce… this afternoon – working around the house and catching up on news.

1mnj0177l1e4.jpg

2a4ckwqygjzt.jpg

Jackie – Thought of you when I saw on the news Prime Minister Boris Johnson had closed schools and declared a national lockdown again to stem the spread of the virus. Certainly more than understandable you would be exhausted from the virus. I also read of potential border closures and traveling limitations. Wishing the best for you.
    With regards to the vaccine, I haven’t decided yet. I am not against vaccination, but will await my next appointments (60-90 days) with my cardiologist and rheumatologist – then I will research a bit and make a decision. Hope you enjoyed that Mandarin orange and log on the fire – I think you like being cold as much as I do. LOL

Lin – Amazing how clearing out and sorting things can easily have an afternoon slip away. As for the apocalyptic photos… compared to the old days it is like Jean and I are the last survivors. There are some people around but VERY few on week days…the weekend is busier, but we normally avoid it then. We definitely have plenty of cars traveling around during the day and the grocery store lot is jammed on weekends. I just avoid 90% of it by knowing when not to go (lunch-time, getting out of work etc.). Love the “critter” teapots. OMG – that video was VERY funny!

Jeri – Love the photos. You and Ed make a great looking pair. I laughed when I read that you and Ed like being together…ditto here. I have often said to Jean – can you imagine being locked down with a person you really didn’t like? Wonder how the divorce rate is going. LOL. Aren’t those fitness trackers wonderful motivators? Good gift choice!

Barbie – my eyes immediately went to your comment: “I remind myself that we share this house and this life.” I think 75% of my house belongs to Jean and 25% to me. If I play my cards right…I might get another sock drawer. Thank goodness for more than one TV. We have several programs we watch together and then the times we separate. She might be watching a Hallmark movie (she doesn’t like them all, but often does) and I am watching old B/W movies or a documentary.

Sandy – Looks like you are having the best weather (sunny/dry). Yes, the mall is awesome for walking and a change of pace from blink. As prev mentioned they actually have a path throughout the whole mall designated for walkers. Sometimes Jean and I split up like yesterday. She grabbed a hot chocolate at Dunkin Donuts and sent me a pic while walking…we do play when we are there. You’ll note photo size above reduced (anything to make things easier). By the way, I totally agree on the stimulus check. From your lips to God’s ear on 2021….have a feeling it might get a bit worse short-term and have my eyes on May.

Time to get a move on! Have a great afternoon everyone! Bob