January 4 Sign In

Options

Replies

• idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes. Treadmill walk with short bursts of shuffling (calling it jogging would be giving too much credit) to get my heart rate up.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass days 1/3 used
  • tlwoodbell
    tlwoodbell Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes total 35 min=30 min ab and back circuit + 5 min stretch
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes! It was a good day.

I like the "you can't outrun your fork" quote, so true. Someone once told me weight loss is 50% exercise and 90% diet, or something like that, I think it is true. Its hard to be fit and healthy without some exercise, but impossible without a good diet.
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes - barely
    Yes - 7 miles
    Yes
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Jan 4

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass Days: 0/3
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Jan. 4
    Exercise - swimming 30 min + stretching
    Calories: yes (barely)
    Tracking: yes
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Treadmill: 35 mins / 1.98 miles & upper body strength training (dumbbells)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass Days used: 0/3

@jenniferbauer211 I also sometimes have trouble getting all of my calories when I eat a lot of vegetables even though I'm full. In that case I'll have a snack that will fulfill one of the macros I'm low on for that day. Things like nuts or dark chocolate can be caloric without being filling.
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Exercise: no
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @molly3210 I've never trusted the exercise calories on MFP either but I recently discovered if I use the 3 mile per hour walking exercise the calories are pretty close to what my apple Fitness app shows as active calories so I'm now comfortable using it. Also my treadmill shows calories and they are usually pretty close to what the app shows as total calories.

However, I don't go to any great effort to try to eat my calories back but it is useful to have when it's needed.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Jan 4
    ✅✅✅
    Under 360
    1:49, 12.7K steps
    1,558 sodium❣️ Yay!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    molly3210 wrote: »
    Yes x 3 for Monday
    Under calories! Prelogging dinner and calling it a day. Plus a boot camp, and an am and pm dog walk.

I don't normally enter my workouts into MFP cause I don't trust the estimated calories burned. However, I do sometimes "eat back" calories on weekend workouts to justify an extra snack or takeout meal.

Yes! And this is why I use the exercise calories from my smartwatch when posting to UAC. The high estimates are another reason I tend to eat below my weekly net calories, as stated by MFP.

I'm sure there's logic behind the differences we're seeing...but until I take the time to figure it out, this works for me
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    January 4

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes. By a lot

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

First day back at work and forgot to pack a complete lunch. Got hungry but worked out ok calorie wise!

• robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Jan 5
    Exercise? YES
    Calorie budget? YES
    Track? YES
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    molly3210 wrote: »
    Yes x 3 for Monday
    Under calories! Prelogging dinner and calling it a day. Plus a boot camp, and an am and pm dog walk.

I don't normally enter my workouts into MFP cause I don't trust the estimated calories burned. However, I do sometimes "eat back" calories on weekend workouts to justify an extra snack or takeout meal.

Yes! And this is why I use the exercise calories from my smartwatch when posting to UAC. The high estimates are another reason I tend to eat below my weekly net calories, as stated by MFP.

I'm sure there's logic behind the differences we're seeing...but until I take the time to figure it out, this works for me

I eat back exercise calories as calculated by my Garmin smart watch BUT I don't include any calories for weight lifting. I figure the exercise estimates are probably a little over, but the added maybe 50 calories a day on average for weight lifting that I don't count offsets that. Seems to work for me.
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Good exercise day.