Cracked, dry skin on balls and heels of feet

2t9nty
2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
I am applying ProFoot Heel Rescue when I get out of the shower and before putting on socks. This has stopped the cracking. It does not hurt so much, and the cracks "might" be getting better.

Does anyone have experience/insight with this?

Replies

• sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I am applying ProFoot Heel Rescue when I get out of the shower and before putting on socks. This has stopped the cracking. It does not hurt so much, and the cracks "might" be getting better.

Does anyone have experience/insight with this?

No experience with this, but I find I need to take supplements for my skin/nails and it helps. I take the Hair, Skin & Nail Gummies with Biotin
  • 2t9nty
    I had to go to a dermatologist to have a mole checked out today, and I asked the doctor about the cracking skin on the feet. She said the cream and socks strategy was a good one. She said that just about any OTC product will work well and that actually Vaseline was quite good for this type of thing.
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    I have experience with this. I was able to get healed but it took a lot of work and is a life long thing. I take a foot file to my feet everyday and use a foot cream that has UREA in it. Works wonderful!
  • 2t9nty
    winnie141 wrote: »
    I have experience with this. I was able to get healed but it took a lot of work and is a life long thing. I take a foot file to my feet everyday and use a foot cream that has UREA in it. Works wonderful!

Someone else recommended a urea cream - specifically Flexitol. When I run out of the heel rescue stuff, I may give this a try.

Thanks!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Oh no, I hate having cracked heels. I suffered for so long but found that after I finished my nail tech. classes that having regular pedicures helped keep my feet softer and healthier. I use o'keeffes foot balm everyday and haven't had issues. another one is depending on how deep the cracks are make sure the cracks stay clean use antibotics cream and then vaseline around your heel apply socks (white, cotton only) and in about a week it should be better. Best of luck to you <3
  • 2t9nty
    My wife and I go for a "pedicure date" every month, and that does help keep the skin at a more manageable thickness. I have been using the heel balm stuff before I put socks on, and it has been a lot better.