January - Nutritarian New Year!

Options
Mihani
Mihani Posts: 3,970 Member
We expanded the focus of the group to embrace all the WFPB doctors/plans but I wanted to use Nutritarian New Year for January anyway.

I got my Panda Planner out yesterday and am going to put a real effort into filling it out every day. I also have a cute little pocket calendar to carry in my purse and I'm going to use it to track my weight and whether I exercise and have a fully WFPB day. If I decide to give in to the pretzels in the cabinet at work then I'll write it on my calendar first. I think the act of having to get out my calendar and write it down will be enough to change my mind on falling to the snack monster. I'm going to keep beer and wine out of the house for a while. I indulge most weekends and it's doing my waistline no favors.

Yesterday I made a pot of black eyed peas and cabbage soup that I just threw together on a whim. Onion and garlic sauteed in a bit of veggie broth. Added beans and more veggie broth, smoked paprika, liquid smoke, black pepper and simmered a bit. Then added a whole bunch of chopped cabbage and a handful of ancient grains elbow macaroni (made with quinoa and corn). It was so good and I'm looking forward to the leftovers today.

Today's plan...
B - oats with blueberries and chia seeds
L - leftover black eyed pea and cabbage soup
D - refried bean burrito with lots of peppers, onion and power greens

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Mihani - "snack monster" :) I am with you on the alcohol. We shared a bottle of Prosecco for Ny's Eve and my stomach was not happy.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Love the New Year Nutritarian !

Thanks so much for starting us off AGAIN! ❤️

Today was coffee
    green smoothie super greens and pineapple and banana
    Veggie Sandwich
    Yogurt and jam FOLLOW YOUR HEART 💜
    Air Fried tortillas and Bitchin sauce

Wishing everyone a great New year!

Day 3 of back to work! Residual coughing and my back hurts from sitting up!

But I can taste and smell! Yahoo!

Later pals!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning sweet peas!

Coffee
    Yogurt and jam and walnuts
    Veggie sandwich
    Salad
    Green Smoothie

HAGDE! 🌟🌟🌟
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Mihani, your menu sounds lovely!
    I made a tart and spicy nutritarian-friendly tomato and black-eyed pea soup on New Year's and am still eating on it.

Bisky - I hope you are feeling much better by now. Are you getting out in the great weather?

Magic, your taste and smell being back already is the best news I have seen all day! Woohoo!

I got ina an early morning brisk walk and stayed on plan today. Woohoo!
  • tlmindo
    tlmindo Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Mihani & Austin- Black eyed peas on New Year's...very traditional! I've never done it myself, maybe next time. I only learned of that a few years ago.
    Magic - congrats on being able to taste and smell again!
    I see that everyone posts about what they ate...so here goes...
    B : Apple Rice Bake (McDougall). This is like eating a crust-less apple pie, and I think I could almost eat it every day. I then supplement it with cauliflower rice to make it more a "50/50" dish. Can barely tell the difference between the real and the cauli rice. I made 3 servings on Sunday, of which today was serving #2, so I have one left.
    L: Some homemade refried black beans, spinach, tomatoes, with some mango salsa and homemade vegan cheez sauce on a tortilla. A cup of homemade broccoli 'detox' soup.
    Snack: 2 Rice cakes and some hummos (no added olive oil)
    D : Thai Peanut Soba Noodle Bowl (Hungry Vegan Momma) and a little more soup. The Soba bowl recipe made multiple servings to have again this week.
    I nurse a huge pot of white tea all day; and water.
    Cheers!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better, Magic. The effects can linger so try to take it easy.

Your soup sounds really good too, Austin. I have never remembered the black eyed peas and collards or cabbage on NY before. Hope the luck part is true.

tlmindo, the apple rice bake sounds really good, and great idea adding the cauliflower rice. I drink a lot of tea... usually english breakfast tea in the mornings then herbal after lunch and dinner.

Still busy with work but the end of year crunch is over so yay for that.

This week's dinner salads are romaine, spring mix and kale, radish, peppers, zucchini, beets, black beans. I've been using salsa for dressing. Lunches have been leftover stir-fry veggies and an apple. Breakfasts are oatmeal with blueberries and chia seeds. Sometimes a wasa cracker with lunch or dinner. I've avoided the snack monster at work and haven't got into the pretzels.

Hope y'all have a great day!
  • magic71755
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Morning sweet peas...

Coffee
    Oatmeal with spinach wilted in
    Rice ramen noodle soup made with Orrington Farms vegan broth powder... super greens wilted in
    Sprouts vegan salad with sourdough croutons
    Ginger Lemon tea and yogurt

My overeating is tied up with stress. My stress is tied up with a cluttered home...old news.

Eliminate the clutter...I eliminate the stress, thereby eliminating the over eating.

Weekends in January dedicated to removing the clutter. Now I can only work for so long ...knee pain...so each weekend is dedicated to a room.
    Weekend 1 Master bedroom and bathroom
    Weekend 2 Living room
    Weekend 3 Dining room
    Weekend 4 Kitchen

I started yesterday and it felt so good to make progress. Just finishing my coffee now and will get to it. Working section by section...being ruthless.

HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR MY DEAR PLANT 🪴 BUDDIES!
  • tlmindo
    tlmindo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Eliminate the clutter...I eliminate the stress, thereby eliminating the over eating.

Weekends in January dedicated to removing the clutter. Now I can only work for so long ...knee pain...so each weekend is dedicated to a room.
    Weekend 1 Master bedroom and bathroom
    Weekend 2 Living room
    Weekend 3 Dining room
    Weekend 4 Kitchen

I started yesterday and it felt so good to make progress. Just finishing my coffee now and will get to it. Working section by section...being ruthless.

Have you heard of Flylady (flylady.net)? She's all about de-cluttering and weekly cleaning zones. I TOTALLY get the stress about clutter. My life is a never-ending quest to become better organized. I recently purchased 3 of those under-sink shelves that retro-fit around the plumbing (1 for kitchen sink, 2 for masterbath double vanity) and a BUNCH of Dollar Store baskets. I will say I am rather proud of them, if I do say so....but I digress from the real topic here....
    Breakfast: Chocolate PB Overnight Oats (Hungry Vegan Mama)
    Lunch: Leftover Harvest Vegetable Shepard's pie from the freezer (Wholefood's Market recipe)
    Dinner: Sweet Potato Chili over spinach (Hungry Vegan Mama)

I logged all my food yesterday and MFP tells me that if 'every day was like today' I would lose 10lbs in 5 weeks. I plan to keep those meals in my repertoire!
    Happy Hump Day!! :D
  • magic71755
    Options
    Thanks so much Timindo.

I was a big fly lady fan years ago pre Facebook. In fact, I was in a southern California group with the fly lady and we met up a couple times and had a real good relationship in formed lasting friendships.

Now I’m doing things on my own because I can no longer really clean and I have no organizational skills. So once I do the decluttering which I’m able to do at 15 minutes a shot, then I’m hiring a professional cleaning crew to come in and clean this place and then I have hired a gal to come in and organize everything. I used her for my garage ...I guess that was in October.

I’ve done quite a bit today ...going through papers ...tossed and getting important papers ready for professional shredding. This is the most productive I’ve been in a long time and I’m really proud of myself right now.
  • magic71755
    Options
    My assistant! 🐾💚🐾
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Good evening, friends!

@magic71755 - Wait, you know the woman who does FlyLady? How cool! I have used FlyLady before. Thanks for the reminder!
    I am so happy to hear you sounding so chipper!

@tlmindo - Oh, we totally have time to chat about organization here, too. I think working on getting your body in good shape is related to getting your environment in good shape. I am working on my house, too! I took 4 bags of stuff to Goodwill this week, and have a stack of items to take to Half Price Books.

@Mihani I was very happy with the black-eyed pea and tomato soup. I am not sure what my next vegan recipe will be. Hmmm! I need to go to the grocery store soon, so time to pick a recipe!

vno63y6pytxx.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi All, continuing the busy busy with work and a co-worker has been off sick which doesn't help at all. I am heading to the grocery tomorrow to get some things to make several soups this weekend and stock up my freezer. One will be lentil and will decide on the other two.

tlmindo nothing off topic here. Okay, except politics. LOL

Magic, Lulu looks so cute!

Austin, I like the concept of celebrating small victories.

B - ezekiel toast and a shake of amazing grass and water
    L - Dr. McD soup and an apple
    D - big ol' salad topped with black beans and salsa

• magic71755
    Options
    No, I don’t know the Flylady, you goof! 🤣Our SoCal chapter met in real life...some our still friends. 💚

Mihani! ❤️❤️❤️🐾🐾❤️❤️❤️Thanks 😊
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @magic71755 - Ohhhh! Sorry, I misread your comment. I think I was in a hurry. All my experience with FlyLady is individual. My sister referred me to the website and I ran with the ideas.
    Anyway, I have gotten a lot from FlyLady. I still aim to do the weekly House Blessing. For others -- that's 10 minutes each of some key things, not getting things perfect, just keeping things nice-ish!

@Mihani
    Yay to this being such a laid back, no worries about almost all topics.
    Your soups sound yummy!

I am off to do some errands including maybe grocery shopping, but wanted to say Happy Friday!

bfqfwx7yvqec.gif
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hey y'all... I don't think I'm going to get the soups made. I was at the office later than hoped yesterday and didn't get to the grocery. It won't be much longer before the kitchen remodel starts and I was thinking it would be nice to have some soups stocked, but making several batches of soup is a big project and I have too much work to do this weekend to take half a day to chop, saute, simmer. My contractor works quickly so I don't think I'll be without a kitchen for too long and it will be fine, plus I think I'll be a lot more excited about cooking once I have the beautiful new kitchen!

So this weekend is all about work and some basic housework like sweeping, mopping, giving the bathrooms and kitchen a once-over, and laundry.

I made burritos last night with peppers and onions sauteed with fajita seasoning (no oil of course), fat-free refried beans, wrapped in a sprouted grain tortilla and toasted in the skillet, served with salsa. So good!

Today's plan...
    B - oats with blueberries and chia seeds
    L - big ol' salad with punchy mustard dressing
    D - leftover burrito

Which reminds me, I need to make salad dressing today!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hi Mihani!
    How exciting that the new kitchen is coming so soon! Your weekend plan sounds super sensible.

I had a good food day today. I hit all the GBOMBS!
    B - coffee & cashew milk, apple slices & pecan butter
    L - turnip greens, black beans & chopped tomatoes; steamed zucchini, onion, green cabbage and a bit of purple potato; steamed butternut, carrot & turnip
    S - almond butter & raisins
    D - steamed mushrooms with chopped green onion, black pepper & ume plum vinegar; big salad with a mustard & ginger dressing; some blueberries and mango

This made me smile, and I figure the new year is still new enough to celebrate!

4946e24t5ksc.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy Sunday, y'all!
    I had a delicious and plant-based day! Highlight was the rest of a Peruvian purple potato. Had I known they were so delicious, I might have bought more than one.
    The highlight of the day was snow. Here in central Texas, it doesn't snow often, so we all get excited when it does. We now have a snowman in our back yard!

@Mihani -- did you make your salad dressing?

@magic71755 , I hope you had a good day at work!

@tlmindo , how is your decluttering coming along?
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Brooks and I made a delicious veggie soup yesterday with tons of vegetables. Actually it consisted of me calling out the recipe and him doing all the work. I have be en sick again.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi Bisky... sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon. Soup is my favorite thing right now. It's cold here!

All your food sounds so tasty and healthful, Austin! We haven't had too much snow, but it could certainly be coming before spring.

I stopped at the healthy deli and got a few entrees to help me through the week. In addition to my salads and stir-fry no worries about meals all week.

B - oats w/ mixed berries and chia seeds, a couple walnut halves
    L - minestrone soup, an apple, two wasa crackers
    D - salad, buddha bowl (tofu, quinoa, veggies, spicy peanut sauce)

My salads this week are romaine and spring mix, radish, peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumber. Stir-fry is bok choy, napa cabbage, snow peas. The skillet was so full that I cooked my greens (kale and chard) separately and will mix into my salads.

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    6ygadfxnt7i6.jpg

Happy Tuesday, all!

The snowman is smaller, but still there today!

Bisky, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you recover soon!

Mihani, your plan for the week sounds delicious.

I am having a good week so far, food-wise. Yesterday's adventure food was daikon radish. I chopped some up in my salad. It was a lovely shade of purple and a pleasantly mild radish taste.

Magic, how are you? Still recovering well?