January 7 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Since you are re-addressing that question from yesterday, I thought I would move my latest response to here, Day 7. I responded that I understood that one had to report every third day, but was then corrected. This morning, not sure what I was doing, but I came across what had put that idea in my mind. So now I am very confused:

4. CHECK IN.

Post in the "Sign-in" threads of this forum at least once every three days (preferably daily) to let the moderator know that you're still doing the challenge and that you haven't slipped up. Even if you are checking in only every three days, you still have to account for ALL days during the month. SIGN-INS ARE LISTED UNDER THE DISCUSSION SECTION - click on "All Discussions" if you don't see the current sign-in date displayed on the list. They're all there!
  • 19newbeginning
    19newbeginning Posts: 75 Member
    @donna25trinity Would it help to give yourself a weekly goal in addition to (or instead of) a daily goal? I track and aim for a deficit daily, but I also look at my average daily deficit each week. Even when you go slightly over one day, your weekly number can still be good.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    @donna25trinity Would it help to give yourself a weekly goal in addition to (or instead of) a daily goal? I track and aim for a deficit daily, but I also look at my average daily deficit each week. Even when you go slightly over one day, your weekly number can still be good.

Yip, I’ve used this as well. It helps me too.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    My opinion regarding the discussion going on about the rules, is that while there are rules to help people with what is required for this challenge, there is also the spirit of the challenge. The three basic requirements are needed for all but maximum three days of the month for you to reach winners circle, and you need to be a regular up to months end to be a champion. These are the non negotiable aspects that keep the challenge going. Other aspects are more flexible. There have been people who for whatever reason updated less often than 3 days, but that didn’t exclude them. The 3 day concept is to help people be consistent but if that is a challenge for some reason and they update less frequently they won’t be kicked out (I’ve never seen anyone get kicked out of this challenge).
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 20 min yoga, 17 min salsacise, 30 min afternoon walk, 120 min cleaning
    Tracking yes, calories yes
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    7 Jan
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

thanks for the discussion today @SModa61 . I am pretty sure my friend already left. Sometimes when you are trying to lose I know that you need to go within yourself and focus so hopefully once her stressors are gone she will return. I love the people here and the variety and the stories. For instance I follow Lesley over in the maintainers forum and knew her son had the brain tumor but it was only here I saw an update. Hugs from Tx my friend!

@Dory_42 wow it sounds like things just are clicking for you! Now don't throw it all away for a...... boy... (I keep thinking about a song) but dating sounds like fun. OK. Not really. snort.

Summer

• ella33040
    ella33040 Posts: 62 Member
    January 1
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked at 3 mph for 20 minutes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

January 2
    Exercised?: Yes. Yoga for 45 minutes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

January 3
    Exercised: Yes. Zumba for 30 minutes.
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracked: Yes.

January 4
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Step aerobics for 30 minutes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

January 5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Core workout for 20 minutes.

January 6
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Walked for 30 minutes and Pilates for 30 minutes.
    January 7
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Zumba for 30 minutes.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,710 Member
    Exercise: yes, bike ride 40 minutes, cardio 40+ minutes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Pass days used: 1/3
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Exercise: Yes. Running 40 min. I was going to bail on this one since I normally only exercise in the morning. I was busy with work and had to force myself out the door at noon, difficult since my caffeine kick was not in my system, but I did it.

Calories: Yes. Everything gets logged as I eat it. I am snacking less because it's work to log it.

Tracking: Yes.

Kitchen closing early, and for the rest of the night it's fizzy water and early to bed. New house rules.
  • Katiecan2021
    Katiecan2021 Posts: 266 Member
    So glad it is Friday tomorrow! Week one of being back working and homeschooling is doing my head in a bit. And now that it’s winter, I have to try and find time during working hours to take the kids out to get us all some exercise. Sunset today was 16:11 so going out after work is a bit bleak! But on a positive note, I’m doing less of a teacher role this time around. 😅

Food wise I’m really pleased with myself for logging dinner at lunch time and realising I had to make a couple of changes to stay on track.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 20 mins exercise bike and a 20 walk with my son
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Date: Jan 7
    Exercised?: Yes 30 min yoga stretches
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes