January 7 Sign In

Options

Replies

• molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Thursday
    First day back at tennis after a mild injury. Amazing what rustiness occurs after two weeks off exercise / in snacking will do to a person, ha!
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Jan 7

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 0/3
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Jan. 7
    Exercise: weight training 50 min., stretching 60 min.
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No went out for breakfast, beach lunch picnic then my sister staying the night.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No will hve to use my pass today.

Im finding with my passes once i know ive went over my calorie limit i hve the ah well im going to make it worth it mentality and then overeat. Interested to hear how others manage this??? Perhaps i may be better off to set a goal to use none of my passes??

@donna25trinity
    I understand the temptation!
    But YOU are in charge. I never want to re-activate my “overeating with abandon” tendencies, as I call them.

I don’t like the name Pass Day for that reason because really, there are no pass days, really. If I overeat, I will need to under-eat another day...to maintain.

And with Health as my goal, why would I want to give my body more than it needs on one day & then deprive it another?

I track everything I eat whether I go over or not. Every calorie counts - for me.

I have been leaning towards doing what a couple of others mentioned ... a weekly limit, but was not sure that was the letter of the law for UAC. The reason: when I do go over my limit one day, I do find I naturally eat less the next. I will continue to track daily & Make sure my weekly average is under my limit.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    would you pray for Mireya? Young woman hospitalized with serious pneumonia after - you know what...covid. Not doing well - in a medically induced coma.

Yes! 🙏 Stay hopeful, she'll make it through! Please keep us posted, @dsgoingtodoit . So good to have you back here! 🌺
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes - stationary bike for 20 minutes - my stationary bike is new, and I'm not loving it so far, but maybe it will grow on me once my body gets used to it - I hope my neighborhood is calm enough to take walks outside this weekend!
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Pass Days Remaining: 2/3
    Pass Day 1: 1/5/21

If it's your 🍑, then you may want to look at getting a gel seat or (sorry in advance...) ride it out.

When I replaced the seat on my hybrid bike (not stationary), that changed everything!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Exercise: yes, slow walking over 8 hours, plus disinfecting public areas due to the virus, plus carrying some heavy things for upper body strength

Calories: yes, but I ate a lot of junk today, a warning sign. I've mostly steered clear of that type of food since I reached maintenance over a year ago.

I remember this Chinese proverb I heard when I was a kid: If you don't change your direction, you're likely to end up where you're headed (Lao Tzu)

Pass days 1/3

The quote is perfect for one of @RangerRickL's daily openers!

And kudos on your workable exercise, I've been watching you log for months now and I'm consistently impressed. Not only are you keeping people safe but you've figured out how to get paid to exercise! That's something I've always wanted to do (without working in the fitness industry, per se).
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    @19newbeginning @Dory_42 @josefinejem @TerriRichardson112 @MadisonMolly2017 Thank u all so much for sharing your advice and experiences. I am going to combine each and everyone of the tips u guys have given. Ive taken a screenshot of each of them so they can be in my phone as a reminder. Thanks again team! Also @dsgoingtodoit ur friend is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (bike and treadmill)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • 19newbeginning
    19newbeginning Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

If it's your 🍑, then you may want to look at getting a gel seat or (sorry in advance...) ride it out.

When I replaced the seat on my hybrid bike (not stationary), that changed everything!

@MaltedTea, thanks for the tip! I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if I just get used to it, but a new seat may be in my future if I'm still sore after that!
  • LJ_Cork
    LJ_Cork Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 20 minutes on the spin bike
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. Got hungry, consciously ate up to maintenance allowance, high fibre and protein.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days? 1/3.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Exercise: yes, slow walking over 8 hours, plus disinfecting public areas due to the virus, plus carrying some heavy things for upper body strength

Calories: yes, but I ate a lot of junk today, a warning sign. I've mostly steered clear of that type of food since I reached maintenance over a year ago.

I remember this Chinese proverb I heard when I was a kid: If you don't change your direction, you're likely to end up where you're headed (Lao Tzu)

Pass days 1/3

The quote is perfect for one of @RangerRickL's daily openers!

And kudos on your workable exercise, I've been watching you log for months now and I'm consistently impressed. Not only are you keeping people safe but you've figured out how to get paid to exercise! That's something I've always wanted to do (without working in the fitness industry, per se).

Thank for your kind words, @MaltedTea I'm inspired by your exercise. I'm working in a job I would never choose, but it is what it is for right now. Yes, there's lots of exercise on the side (I try to combine it with walking meditations so I come away with something for myself).

I love that Chinese proverb. I heard it on the radio when I was fifteen years old (a million years ago) and said, "Whoa!"
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

would you pray for Mireya? Young woman hospitalized with serious pneumonia after - you know what...covid. Not doing well - in a medically induced coma.

Will remember Mireya today and sending my best wishes to you for peace and strength.

• karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    1/7/2021
    Pass day # 3 :#
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Worked on my triceps, and nightly yoga with the fiance
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?Yes! No carb drinks as of late been having a good bit of green tea & water which has been enjoyable.

Still haven't reached the hydration level I would like so upping water & potassium, Also had a covid scare in the family but thankfully they tested negative!
  • RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? no
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Date: Jan 7
    Exercised?: No:-(
    Calories?: No :-(