What we're watching πŸ‘“ reading πŸ“• etc

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
What are you currently watching/reading and what are your thoughts?
Β«13

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I will be settling down to start the new series of Sabrina on Netflix this evening.

Reading the Nightshade Forensic series on Kindle at the moment (FBI meets werewolves & psychics).

Very much enjoyed an HBO series called Evil in the last couple of months, love the writers (Good Wife/Good Fight) .
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I will be settling down to start the new series of Sabrina on Netflix this evening.

Reading the Nightshade Forensic series on Kindle at the moment (FBI meets werewolves & psychics).

Very much enjoyed an HBO series called Evil in the last couple of months, love the writers (Good Wife/Good Fight) .

Finshed Sabrina Series 4, wasn't blown away by it, it felt very rushed. Next on the agenda is catching up on Star Trek Discovery as missed a few weeks and I am re-watching Angel in the background whilst I am working.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm working through Evil at the moment, we've just started on Prodigal Son too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I'm working through Evil at the moment, we've just started on Prodigal Son too.

Great series, I can't wait for the next season! Not heard of Prodigal Son, what's that?
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    It has Michael Sheen as a serial killer who is in prison and his son who is a profiler for NYPD, he solves crimes using his fathers "expertise" we've only watched the first 3 or 4 but it's looking good so far and they've commissioned a second series.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    It has Michael Sheen as a serial killer who is in prison and his son who is a profiler for NYPD, he solves crimes using his fathers "expertise" we've only watched the first 3 or 4 but it's looking good so far and they've commissioned a second series.

Sounds interesting, might have to take a look into that.
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Currently watching Inhumans

Currently waiting to read The Sinner
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Currently watching Inhumans

Currently waiting to read The Sinner

I am sure Inhumans was on my To Watch list at some point, I don't know how I haven't cleared more off it during 3/4 lockdowns mostly working from home (oh wait I did re-watch most of Buffy and start watching Angel again, maybe that's why :lol:)

Binged through the 3rd season of Cobra Kai weeknights this week (spin off from Karate Kid) it's not fantastic but it's likeable and I'm an 80's kid so love the music and the drama.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    We like Cobra Kai too but not caught the new series yet.
    Husband is a big Dexter fan so I'm now being force fed that ahead if the new run.
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 most of my binge watching is done at work. Covid has caused my work load to drop drastically (security access control). I thought about creating a watchlist spreadsheet cause there's so much I want watch (or need to finish watching). Like Supernatural, I need to finish but I can't bring myself to believe it's finally overπŸ˜”

My fiance was really into Cobra Kai, the parts I watched I just couldn't really get into.

@Jackie9003 I LOVE Dexter!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    We like Cobra Kai too but not caught the new series yet.
    Husband is a big Dexter fan so I'm now being force fed that ahead if the new run.

I hadn't realised Dexter was coming back, I binge watched all of it in about 2 weeks whilst working on a ship, didn't have much else to do and we all had various tv series on hard drives back then and used to swap.

@_wild_phoenix_ I used to watch Supernatural when it first came out (whooo Jensen Ackles) but that was when it was on regular TV, then I binge watched about 9 seasons and I think it was a bit overkill, it's one of those that I will probably go back to at some point. I mean lets be honest last year's impact is probably going to slow down releases this year because of production stopping so I might actually get to catch up on things :lol: #SilverLinings
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I fell out of love with Supernatural when the angels started appearing, it's on my radar to go back to though.

Dexter is late this year for 10 episopes, denofgeek website is a good resource if you aren't aware of it.
  • tracydnevins
    tracydnevins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sadly, in nerdville alone. I’m reading a historical nonfiction, to prepare for an online class I’d like to take. But: I did watch SOUL last night and loved it!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Thanks @Jackie9003 I've used denofgeek for updates on series before but normally just look for stuff that's recently finished, probably safer I don't actively look for more stuff to sit on the sofa watching lol
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I miss Fringe.. wish they had a 100 seasons. Right now I've started watching The Gift. It's a Turkish fantasy/sci-fi? show. pretty decent. I really liked Castlevania and The Dragon Prince and just finished watching Blood of Zeus.

Also just finished reading the Court of Thorns and Roses series of books. Loved them!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I also watched Bridgerton in about the space of a day last week (and downloaded the next book in the series which I am already 2/3 through on my kindle.) 🀐 don't tell anyone!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I love Fringe, we have the box set but have only got about half way through, my husband is a nightmare he’s already watched them and loses interest so I have loads of half watched series. Eureka, Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 are my big favourites,
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I started watching Fringe years ago when I was working in Kandahar, the local shops on camp there used to sell pirated DVDs so I think I had Season 1 & 2 only and forgot to ever go back to it. I did like Eureka that was another one I picked up over there or maybe in Iraq but did continue watching when I was home on leave. I kinda miss the pirate dvd shops there, they used to do some random mixed box sets with stuff I might not normally have gone for but would watch out of sheer boredom if I had a couple of hours to myself and find I enjoyed them.

I started watching The Stand this evening, I'm 3 episodes in and on the fence, I've never read the book so can't comment on how it compares or translates to screen.

Also took advantage of the 2 for 1 sale on audible this month and made my credit go a bit further, downloaded Look Who's Back (Dark comedy - Hitler wakes up in 2011, disgusted that there's immigrants everywhere and that the country is being run by a woman, starts his own Youtube channel to rant about it all) and The Humans (Also somewhat of a darker scifi comedy - An alien assessment of humans from a logical point of view) looking forward to both whilst I make more of an effort to get more steps in.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    Options
    I love Fringe, we have the box set but have only got about half way through, my husband is a nightmare he’s already watched them and loses interest so I have loads of half watched series. Eureka, Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 are my big favourites,

That is hilarious! My dad is like that, only he also falls asleep after 5 mins so my mom always has to wait til I can watch with her.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I also watched Bridgerton in about the space of a day last week (and downloaded the next book in the series which I am already 2/3 through on my kindle.) 🀐 don't tell anyone!

I DID TOO!!! I thought i was unfair that it was SO SHORT! It should have been like 12 episodes AT LEAST. The BBC is infamous for making series just 8 or 6 or even 5 episodes long... Like... ok, everyone's having pots of tea all through it and keep pausing it to go to the bathroom because of it so it feeeeels like it's 12 episodes long!