What's for dinner?

Options
bebeisfit
bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
Share your menu. Photos and recipes welcome!

Replies

• sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I made lentil stew and it was so good! Wish I knew how to do a photo.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I made lentil stew and it was so good! Wish I knew how to do a photo.

I used to post photos from my phone. But the last few times, it wouldn't work.

I love lentils. Sometimes I just cook up some brown ones, add onion and carrot. Then I serve it over rice with some spicy Italian sausage and a little hot sauce.

I used to make a lentil soup/stew with red lentils, lots of spices, garlic and ginger, added sweet potatoes, canned tomatoes. Then to make it so very good, I'd add a can of coconut milk. Tons of fiber and deliciousness.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I used to make a lentil soup/stew with red lentils, lots of spices, garlic and ginger, added sweet potatoes, canned tomatoes. Then to make it so very good, I'd add a can of coconut milk. Tons of fiber and deliciousness.

That is pretty much my recipe sans the coconut milk. I used vegetable broth and added a whole bag of spinach! You know how spinach just seems to disappear when you put it in a stew! Having it for dinner again tonight!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I made a naan pizza with broccoli and feta
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Salmon, with baked potatoes and zucchini--I had half of the smallest spud with some plain Greek yogurt and chives on it. 🥔
  • backinthesaddleagain57
    Options
    chicken breast, no skin, green beans
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Monday's food experiment, already posted on another thread but I'll share it here, too: Too-full soft taco stuffed with a layer of thin-sliced browned potato, egg, cheese, cubed smoked tofu, and way too much pan-browned onion/raw brussels sprout slaw (dressed with lime juice, white wine vinegar, salt, and a seasoning of spicy oven-browned smashed garlic/black pepper/chile pepper flakes/residual butter that was left on the baking pan after I made garlic almonds the day before, and saved because too tasty to throw away 😆). The tomatoes were not integral, just a side.
    fg4c99gqgo5e.jpg
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    Friday is pizza and a glass of wine night at our house and has been for over 20 years. Its evolved over time and my pizza is now a tortilla shell base, with tomato sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, shredded mozza, and some spices. If I have spinach or asparagus in the fridge then I'll throw that on too. Including wine, it comes in at about 600 calories. I'm retired now so Friday doesn't have the same signifance as it did when I worked, but its surprising how much I still look forward to it 🙂
  • ridiculous59
    Options
    I love lentils too. A friend gave me her family's recipe for dhall and its the one I still use.

rclceuxkkr0x.jpg

I haven't made it for awhile but definitely will now.🙂
  • sarah7591
    Options
    I love lentils too. A friend gave me her family's recipe for dhall and its the one I still use.

rclceuxkkr0x.jpg

I haven't made it for awhile but definitely will now.🙂

Thanks for sharing!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Friday is pizza and a glass of wine night at our house and has been for over 20 years. Its evolved over time and my pizza is now a tortilla shell base, with tomato sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, shredded mozza, and some spices. If I have spinach or asparagus in the fridge then I'll throw that on too. Including wine, it comes in at about 600 calories. I'm retired now so Friday doesn't have the same signifance as it did when I worked, but its surprising how much I still look forward to it 🙂

Same at my house when my kids were young and at home. I still LOVE pizza on Friday with wine. Problem for me is I overindulge in both! Have not had either in 3 weeks and I sure miss it.
  • tripsmom3
    tripsmom3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going to make this....
    https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/vegan-pecan-apple-chickpea-salad-wraps/

I really want to go vegan.....its so healthy.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    I made eggplant lasagna ...it was delicious! They didn't have ricotta at the store so I used cottage cheese and it was just as good. In the good ole days I would have had a big piece of Italian bread to go with it. Miss those days.
  • njmomma7422
    njmomma7422 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Scallops with broccoli and whole wheat pasta
  • ridiculous59
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Homemade mac and cheese, with my own pickled beets from last summer = 375 calories. Comfort food at its finest for a cold, snowy night 🙂
  • njmomma7422
    njmomma7422 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tonight is a Crust less Spinach Quiche with a green salad.
  • ridiculous59
    Options
    Tonight is a Crust less Spinach Quiche with a green salad.

I actually make crustless quiche a lot and love how using a different cheese or adding something like spinach or bacon can stop it from becoming boring. I even started making them for breakfast if we have friends or family staying over night. It doesn't require any watching or fussing over which is perfect when you have company.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's sautéed shrimp and veggies with rice. Yum!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    I had lentil stew (had it in the freezer) and roasted eggplant. So good!