Shrinking Assets - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else struggle with physical anxiety symptoms? I am having chest pains from my anxiety which happens when I'm really busy/stressed. It makes it tough to motivate myself to workout, even though working out helps alleviate stress. It's impacting my sleep which then impacts my cravings blah, blah, blah. Just wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks to get through it.
  • tiataleah
    tiataleah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lckiehl wrote: »
    Does anyone else struggle with physical anxiety symptoms? I am having chest pains from my anxiety which happens when I'm really busy/stressed. It makes it tough to motivate myself to workout, even though working out helps alleviate stress. It's impacting my sleep which then impacts my cravings blah, blah, blah. Just wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks to get through it.

I take L-theanine, which is a supplement for anxiety. My doctor recommended it for the same issues and it really does help.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Meditation and stress coping strategies are very important, but I cant express how important therapy (specifically cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety) and appropriate medication have been in my own experience with anxiety.

• lckiehl
    edited January 2021
    Options
    tiataleah wrote: »
    I take L-theanine, which is a supplement for anxiety. My doctor recommended it for the same issues and it really does help.

I do take a supplement that contains that but I am probably not consistent enough. Good reminder, thank you!
  • lckiehl
    Options

Meditation and stress coping strategies are very important, but I cant express how important therapy (specifically cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety) and appropriate medication have been in my own experience with anxiety.

I really need to add in meditation - it's been recommended SO many times, and I always blow it off and say I don't have time. I probably need to make it a part of my self-care routine. I definitely do talk therapy, but not specifically CBT. My counselor cancelled on me a couple of times in December and hasn't gotten me back in which is probably part of why my symptoms are worse. I may need to readdress my current meds. I went off one because I was so laid back about everything, that's when my weight gain all happened this year. I really don't want to be back in that mindset.
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 260
    CW 258.5

highest weigh 262
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @lckiehl I took some mindfulness classes last year. In regards to meditation, to help train us, the sessions in the begging were only 5 min long. I would do mine either before bed or during a break at work.. You might even be able to find some online meditation tracks for that long. If this could help to get you started.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I get this, especially with sleep and cravings. My anxiety worsens a chronic pain condition I have and then I get anxious from the pain so a vicious circle. I’m not good at meditation though, it’s just not my jam. I’ve found my own version though, I just stick on a playlist of music I like and go for a walk. It’s not an intense workout but clears my head, lessens pain and makes you feel much more accomplished.

Could you get something to help with anxiety from doctor? I found mine peaked after birth and I was struggling to sleep or function but now on pnd meds and my anxiety is a lot better. It’s really tough - I hope you can find a balance ❤️
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I know a few people that take CBD oil for anxiety. It really helps them. I can't speak from my own experience. I hope you find what helps you.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    peachplace wrote: »
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 260
    CW 258.5

highest weigh 262

Awesome week 🙌 👏
  • lckiehl
    Options
    Thank you for everyone on suggestions for anxiety! It really helped me step back and look at what I can control and what works for me. I got my workout in early this morning and then found a 5 minute meditation on YouTube. Thank you @peachplace for suggesting that. I couldn't focus the entire time, but it was a start.

@imgwendolyn2015 I've been curious if CBD would help but I work for a county agency and any trace THC here is still illegal and it's just not a risk I'm willing to take for my career at this point. Someday perhaps Idaho will join the rest of the country...who knows.

@ShowKitten I am on a couple things that usually work but every once in a while I still struggle. I started grad school this week so I think it's just the added stress and nerves from that along with work and life. I agree putting on music and walking outside helps me get out of my head SO much. I haven't made time for that this past week and should!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Lunch
    0hsmkv7l2jky.jpg
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Username: Showkitten
    PW: 248.8
    CW: 242.2
    LTD: 12.8