01/01/2021 Goals

124»

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Apart from the Monthly accountability thread, I would like to set in stone my goals for this year, and then check them off. Please, feel free to join.

My goals for this year are:

1. My highest weight for this year is what is was yesterday : 71.0
    2. Maintain around 69.xx
    3. Achieve the 100 pushup challenge from the toes (that's a biggie !)
    4. Get 400.000 steps; a daily 10.000 + some longer walks
    5. Ride 5.000 km (a good 3.100 miles) with my bike

Awesome goals. Thanks for the group! Let's get it

Hi, those were last year's goals :wink:
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2021
    2021 goals:

Reach 129.9 lbs for at least 1 day in 2021!
    Booty lift workout everyday for 3 weeks then 3 times a week.
    Boob lift workout everyday for 3 weeks then 3 times a week
    (I'm 54, things are sagging!)
    Walk/run more
    Bike more
    More dumbbell workouts
    Drink more water
    Setting up a basketball goal in my driveway tomorrow, hopefully it will encourage more exercise for me and my kids.

ETA: more meditation and stress relief practices
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    2021 Goals
    Consistency logging
    Get to the 130s by March
    Maintain a keto diet
    Ride my bike consistently this spring/summer

Build my side biz
    Compete as much as possible - this keeps me motivated to be in the best shape possible.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    2021 goals:

#1 Get STRONGER and Fitter (keep up with workouts)
    OTF, Yoga and Hike

Doing good so far. Haven’t bought the Mirror but going to OTF 4-5x week and started going to yoga on Saturday.

#4 ACHIEVE and Maintain 19% Body Fat
    I want to get it back to 19.0%.

21 something % at the moment. Hope to lower with this keto diet.

#5 EAT and rest well

Keto is ok. Thinking about meals and food all the time. I want it to come naturally. So gotta get used to it. So weird seeing big red in the nutrition circle.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    gchjm0j5sshj.png
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    I have been doing well with my goals for the most part.

1.Have closed all of my rings on my Apple Watch, I have adjusted the goals for the days that I needed rest but have at least done something every day.

2.Working on my stats on renpho scale, only have three in orange and the rest are green.

3.I continue to devour books, mostly on audio have to find a good physical book to start.

4.Have not stuck to a monthly budge, lol. I am trying to spend less and pay off my debt.

5.We did not go camping in January, it was too cold but went in February and I already have a site booked for next week. Bought a kayak so I get exercise too while camping.

hffqubsptrwr.png

/Users/adrianamoreno-torres/Library/Messages/Attachments/de/14/291D2A1A-6C2D-499B-B351-B397E30D02C9/IMG_8543.JPG49ki8afg8af3.jpg

• Antiopelle
    My goals for 2021 are a lot simpler than those of 2020.

1. I had to quit my Fitbit (long story), and I noticed it brought me some peace of mind. I'm an analyzer, so I'm always crunching numbers in my head and letting go of the fitbit stats actually brought some silence in my nerdy brains. So, instead I will only record my bikerides and my long walks with Strava (still have to have some stats of course). I've set my mind to 100km purposeful walking per month, and 2.000 km biking for the whole year.

2. Heal my shoulder. Yes, it takes a long time - a typical frozen shoulder takes 2 years to heal completely. I know it, I've been there before but it's still hard to accept. I'm now 10 months in and the worst pain pangs are over. But some days are still bad and I have to ask hubbie to put my socks on or to put my hair in a ponytail - being that dependable is hard. But I try to acknowledge that it is temporary, it will get better !

3. Start some muscle building training. I hate gyms (and they are all closed anyway), so I need to get something done at home. Normally, when I go diving I get a lot of muscle building but I must face the music: I haven't been diving since September due to Covid (and my shoulder) and my back and arm muscles are wasting away. I'll try to find some video and start doing Something. Anything will be better than nothing, even if it is with one arm only.

4. Get my weight under control. Yes, I let it slide again over the holiday period and I've gained 2,5kg in 10 days. But instead of focusing on the 69, I'll try to maintain for a longer period on 71. I do feel that 69 is almost impossible for me to maintain, so I'll add a few pounds as a goal long term and take it from there. Better to stay and maintain at 71, than to go all over the place.

5. Be happy :smile:

Month 1 is almost over !

1. I will end the month with 150km of walks, no biking yet as the weather doesn't permit it
    2. The shoulder healing is as slow as the weight loss
    3. Well, I tried with one arm and then I started to develop shoulder pain on the good side, probably due to compensation for my left limp arm. So, I have put this on hold, as healing comes first.
    4. It's going downwards, slowly but surely.
    5. Pretty happy at the moment !

There we go, Feb is at its end :astonished:

1. 82,7 km so far. A bit behind, but I will probably achieve the 100k this weekend. The reason is that hubbie has hurt his ankle and I stayed home more with him. It made me realize I shouldn't let his ambitions get in the way of mine. On the other hand, I've already clocked in 224km on my bike, which is much better than expected.
    2. I'm off the pain meds for a few weeks now, it's finally getting better ! Hurray !!
    3. I still have some healing to do first, so it is not a priority right now
    4. No good news here. I'll have to control my overeating :neutral: 4.
    5. Still pretty happy, the weather is perfect, spring is coming and Covid seems to get under control: good times ahead !

And again, another month passed.
    1. 424km of walking so far, so that is a goal I'll meet easily. And I have 292km of bike rides but winter is almost over and I think I'll be able to amp it up in the coming weeks and months.
    2. I've stopped my pain meds completely, so that is a big plus ! My range is still pretty restricted but it is better. I can now make a lopsided ponytail and I can put my socks on myself.
    3. I found out I'm not a workout in front of the phone person. I'll just wait until I can go diving again to work those muscles. Hopefully it won't be too long anymore.
    4. I've gained 300gr during March, I'll have to be more mindfull of my food intake.
    5. Still happy. The only grey cloud is that Covid is getting forcefull again and that it outruns the vaccination pace. I'm hoping that we will end all this in a few months and that summer will be back to normal.

• Antiopelle
    My goals for 2021 are a lot simpler than those of 2020.

1. I had to quit my Fitbit (long story), and I noticed it brought me some peace of mind. I'm an analyzer, so I'm always crunching numbers in my head and letting go of the fitbit stats actually brought some silence in my nerdy brains. So, instead I will only record my bikerides and my long walks with Strava (still have to have some stats of course). I've set my mind to 100km purposeful walking per month, and 2.000 km biking for the whole year.

2. Heal my shoulder. Yes, it takes a long time - a typical frozen shoulder takes 2 years to heal completely. I know it, I've been there before but it's still hard to accept. I'm now 10 months in and the worst pain pangs are over. But some days are still bad and I have to ask hubbie to put my socks on or to put my hair in a ponytail - being that dependable is hard. But I try to acknowledge that it is temporary, it will get better !

3. Start some muscle building training. I hate gyms (and they are all closed anyway), so I need to get something done at home. Normally, when I go diving I get a lot of muscle building but I must face the music: I haven't been diving since September due to Covid (and my shoulder) and my back and arm muscles are wasting away. I'll try to find some video and start doing Something. Anything will be better than nothing, even if it is with one arm only.

4. Get my weight under control. Yes, I let it slide again over the holiday period and I've gained 2,5kg in 10 days. But instead of focusing on the 69, I'll try to maintain for a longer period on 71. I do feel that 69 is almost impossible for me to maintain, so I'll add a few pounds as a goal long term and take it from there. Better to stay and maintain at 71, than to go all over the place.

5. Be happy :smile:

Month 1 is almost over !

1. I will end the month with 150km of walks, no biking yet as the weather doesn't permit it
    2. The shoulder healing is as slow as the weight loss
    3. Well, I tried with one arm and then I started to develop shoulder pain on the good side, probably due to compensation for my left limp arm. So, I have put this on hold, as healing comes first.
    4. It's going downwards, slowly but surely.
    5. Pretty happy at the moment !

There we go, Feb is at its end :astonished:

1. 82,7 km so far. A bit behind, but I will probably achieve the 100k this weekend. The reason is that hubbie has hurt his ankle and I stayed home more with him. It made me realize I shouldn't let his ambitions get in the way of mine. On the other hand, I've already clocked in 224km on my bike, which is much better than expected.
    2. I'm off the pain meds for a few weeks now, it's finally getting better ! Hurray !!
    3. I still have some healing to do first, so it is not a priority right now
    4. No good news here. I'll have to control my overeating :neutral: 4.
    5. Still pretty happy, the weather is perfect, spring is coming and Covid seems to get under control: good times ahead !

And again, another month passed.
    1. 424km of walking so far, so that is a goal I'll meet easily. And I have 292km of bike rides but winter is almost over and I think I'll be able to amp it up in the coming weeks and months.
    2. I've stopped my pain meds completely, so that is a big plus ! My range is still pretty restricted but it is better. I can now make a lopsided ponytail and I can put my socks on myself.
    3. I found out I'm not a workout in front of the phone person. I'll just wait until I can go diving again to work those muscles. Hopefully it won't be too long anymore.
    4. I've gained 300gr during March, I'll have to be more mindfull of my food intake.
    5. Still happy. The only grey cloud is that Covid is getting forcefull again and that it outruns the vaccination pace. I'm hoping that we will end all this in a few months and that summer will be back to normal.

May is at the doorstep, hopefully it will bring spring weather and vaccines at last !

1. I had exactly 100 km this month, totals to 524 for this year - goal met. 471km of bike rides, which is nice considering I'm still not going to the office.
    2. I still have limited range of movement, but it is getting better. I'm definitely in the thaw phase, I guess still 6 months to go before I get my full motion range again.
    3. Still waiting on lockdown restrictions going away to go diving again.
    4. My weight is finally going down, I have my eating under control !
    5. Still happy, but missing diving a lot now.I hope we'll be able to go next month.