Replies

• KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 236.0
    CW: 236.0

I'm carrying over. I'm scared to weigh in since last time. Lol.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you guys a serious question?

This is a much longer story but I'll try to shorten it, haha. I've been on here since 2015. I remember how excited I was to start out because I couldn't wait to wear shorts and tank tops comfortably in summer once again. Shrinking sizes was a form of motivation to me.

When I got down to 195ish, I still had barely got down a size. It was disappointing, I knew I was smaller, but it felt like I had nothing to show for it. I think this is the reason I have regained.

Then this whole covid thing happened... and there's nowhere to go and nothing to do, and my motivation has almost disappeared. I sometimes think, I would love to lose weight for summer, but then I'm like who cares, I'll just be out in the yard gardening...

So my question is, how on earth are you guys motivated during this stuff?! Sorry if I sound depressing, but I am curious how others stay positive in all this.

• imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you guys a serious question?

This is a much longer story but I'll try to shorten it, haha. I've been on here since 2015. I remember how excited I was to start out because I couldn't wait to wear shorts and tank tops comfortably in summer once again. Shrinking sizes was a form of motivation to me.

When I got down to 195ish, I still had barely got down a size. It was disappointing, I knew I was smaller, but it felt like I had nothing to show for it. I think this is the reason I have regained.

Then this whole covid thing happened... and there's nowhere to go and nothing to do, and my motivation has almost disappeared. I sometimes think, I would love to lose weight for summer, but then I'm like who cares, I'll just be out in the yard gardening...

So my question is, how on earth are you guys motivated during this stuff?! Sorry if I sound depressing, but I am curious how others stay positive in all this.

For me I have actually found that working at home and not going out because of COVID gave me more time to focus on myself. I promised myself I would go back to work smaller and here I am KILLING IT!! I hope you find the spark within yourself to keep going! You can do it!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17

WHERE MOTIVATION ENDS, DISCIPLINE MUST TAKE OVER

Ok, now that the obligatory cliché is out of the way.....

Motivation is difficult to maintain long term and many of us are struggling with it now. I am struggling with breaking a binge cycle. So far so good today!

Maybe take a step back and think of the reasons you stared this journey.

Here is my list from my MFP profile:
    - Avoid becoming diabetic like my parents.
    - Because my grandson deserves a healthy Mimi!
    - Look better naked... DUH!!!
    - Admit it - underwear in smaller sizes are so much cuter!

The first two are health related, the second two are vanity.

Both of my parents are diabetic. My mom is adult onset Type1, dad is Type2. I would prefer not to stick myself daily. As a child, I never had a grandparent sit on the floor and play with me. Never played ball, never played hide and seek... My parents hardly did this for my girls. I want to run and play with my grandson. He is 11 months old and LOVES when we wrestle. He loves when I go running with him. He won't remember any of this. SO, I have to stay fit for many more years. STAY FOCUSED ON WHY YOU STARTED!!!

As for the vanity. These are the easy ones to explain. This is the motivation that builds upon itself. Hearing the compliments from others will stoke your ego and keep this going. This is difficult in quarantine.

I had a NSV last week. Blake and I were walking in the neighborhood. One of the neighbors said "girl you are looking six o'clock." Sadly, I had to say that I had no idea what this meant... He replied "straight up and down HOT!" This made my year! This neighbor sits on his front porch all the time and saw me drop from 230 to 170. It also helped that it came from a man. Ego boosted.

Find the wins - big or small. My NSV was HUGE for my ego. Let the victories compound and keep you going.

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17
    For me the motivation is in feeling good. I know that when I eat a lot before bed I feel gross the next morning. I sleep better and feel better when I eat well. (but I'd also love to wear my too tight clothes :wink: )
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17 so I have struggled!! Right there with you!! I have binged I have been lazy....but I finally just started to feel bleh and I am gonna feel better!! It's all about that right now. I haven't seen any results on the scale but I have DOMS and I know I've been fueling my body with better stuff!! I begin again every single day!! Yesterday is so gone and I can't get it back tomorrow isn't here yet all I can control is right now!! So that's my focus be in this moment and make it all count!! I know I can do this I've done it before and I just gotta keep at it!!! Plus going outside in a bikini top all summer would be kick *kitten*!! Winning the mind battle today!!!🏅🍾🏆🦾🦾
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Jme03 wrote: »
    Jme03
    Tuesday
    PW: 221.0
    CW: 218.0

After stalling for 2 weeks, it's nice to finally see the scale move!

👏👏👏 nice job
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @KittyInBoots17

WHERE MOTIVATION ENDS, DISCIPLINE MUST TAKE OVER

Ok, now that the obligatory cliché is out of the way.....

Motivation is difficult to maintain long term and many of us are struggling with it now. I am struggling with breaking a binge cycle. So far so good today!

Maybe take a step back and think of the reasons you stared this journey.

Here is my list from my MFP profile:
    - Avoid becoming diabetic like my parents.
    - Because my grandson deserves a healthy Mimi!
    - Look better naked... DUH!!!
    - Admit it - underwear in smaller sizes are so much cuter!

The first two are health related, the second two are vanity.

Both of my parents are diabetic. My mom is adult onset Type1, dad is Type2. I would prefer not to stick myself daily. As a child, I never had a grandparent sit on the floor and play with me. Never played ball, never played hide and seek... My parents hardly did this for my girls. I want to run and play with my grandson. He is 11 months old and LOVES when we wrestle. He loves when I go running with him. He won't remember any of this. SO, I have to stay fit for many more years. STAY FOCUSED ON WHY YOU STARTED!!!

As for the vanity. These are the easy ones to explain. This is the motivation that builds upon itself. Hearing the compliments from others will stoke your ego and keep this going. This is difficult in quarantine.

I had a NSV last week. Blake and I were walking in the neighborhood. One of the neighbors said "girl you are looking six o'clock." Sadly, I had to say that I had no idea what this meant... He replied "straight up and down HOT!" This made my year! This neighbor sits on his front porch all the time and saw me drop from 230 to 170. It also helped that it came from a man. Ego boosted.

Find the wins - big or small. My NSV was HUGE for my ego. Let the victories compound and keep you going.

Love love love this ❤💜
  • floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Really inspired reading all your responses to @KittyInBoots17!! So excited to smash February!! That being said sorry I’ve been MIA for two weeks life has been totally crazy. So there is a two week gap in my weights below - happy with the progress though - tracking has really helped (the good and the bad!)

floecity
    Friday
    PW 190.7 (Jan 22)
    CW 186.5 (Feb 5)
    LTD 44 lbs
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17 I’ve always lost weight for a reason with a need in mind. Like:

I NEED to lose weight to find a bf
    I NEED to lose weight to fit in my wedding dress
    I NEED to lose weight to have a baby

At the end of the day, saying I NEED to lose weight for something is way too much pressure for me and I end up putting back on. Think I’m in my 8th year of MFP. Even this year, I need to lose weight for an operation but I’m trying to keep motivated in a more I’d just like to look and feel better and COVID means there’s less pressure as nowhere to go and feel bad about myself. Im just enjoying walks with my boy and eating healthier foods that make me feel good. Weight coming off is the bonus not the focus for me right now.
This discussion has been closed.