fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - Aerobics then Pickleball
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    “Do it now”. Great advice and works for me in so many ways like do the dishes, go for a walk, etc. When it comes to calories, what I need is planning and pre-tracking, and then tweaking/editing if and as needed. If I track totally as I go, then I tend to mismanage my food for the day (Both under or over), and, for me, tracking as I go is actually more work. To my crazy extreme, I am facing a 1600 miles in 10 days, and already I pre-tracked the fast food dinners for those two nights about a week ago just so I could sort out those days and have a little control (this is compared to a year ago, on the same drive, and the multitude of bags of chips and candy that we blindly ate along the way). I’ll also have my travel breakfasts and lunches tracked by early next week so everything is on my grocery list. My normal pre-tracking is at least the next day, and I have pre-tracked as much as a week or 10 days.

Anyhow, almost 10:30 and I need to go do the dishes. I should have “Done it now”.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting enough protein into my diet even using the powder in my morning shake doesn't get me close to my goal. Any suggestions 🤔? Thanks

@GreyGirl915 - I will share with you my breakfast, but it is pretty odd and likely not appealing to others. My goal was protein while getting in my daily fiber and iron that I happen to need. I take 1 scoop Quest protein powder (lots to flavors) and 1 TB chia seeds. Add a 1/3 cup water, stir and let sit for chia seeds to hydrate. Then I swirl in 4 ounces (I use a scale) fat free greek yogurt, and top with 25 grams fiber one cereal. Today (Quest Cinnamon crunch flavor), that came to 35 grams protein, 24 grams fiber, 31% RDA iron (so 62% for me as 59 year old), net carbs of 21 grams, 7 grams fat.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity I would be a happy cat at your house. I love chicken legs!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/4
    Exercise: Yes, more cleaning and organizing! I think this will be it for some time now!
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days: 2 left!