Swaps

Options

Replies

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just recently found Laughing Cow light cheese spread. It’s 30 calories.

I’ve been spreading it on my English muffin and putting an egg in it.

Oooh I forgot about laughing cow. I loved it on my egg sandwiches! Adding to the grocery list...
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    alisampm wrote: »
    I have swapped out "I can't belive its not butter" spray for actual butter on top of potatoes, veggies, etc. And instead of cheese or mayo, I usually reach for some non-fat plain yogurt.

An entire bottle has 771 calories....2 calories in 5 sprays....still a lot less than butter....but dont pour it in your foods!

😂🤣🤣. Good to know. I probably average about 10 sprays in a normal meal when I use it so I can handle the extra 4 cal. 😂
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    ntw250 wrote: »
    I just cannot swap out mayo........I know it is a nightmare, but given the amount that I have to lose and the fact that i keep it within my calories for the day, its OK..................Am I kidding myself ?

I tend to go this route too. For me swapping doesn't work. Instead of something sustainable, it feels like I'm "eating this poor replacement until the magical day comes." Something that I really love - I eat when I can fit it in. It seems that if I really love it, I make it fit. If I don't make it fit, it eventually goes the out of sight, out of mind route.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Do you spread the cheese on an English muffin and then put a fried egg on it then the top muffin??

I am curious about this dish and think I’m going to try it out. I love some eggs
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »

Do you spread the cheese on an English muffin and then put a fried egg on it then the top muffin??

I am curious about this dish and think I’m going to try it out. I love some eggs

This is what I do...
    Cut the English muffin, put in toaster
    Fry egg with 0 cal spray
    Once the toaster pops I spread the Laughing Cow on both sides
    Then I put the egg in the middle and make it like a sandwich.

Calories are pretty good and it’s very filling.
    English muffin 110 cal
    Egg 70 cal
    Laughing Cow cheese 30 cal

• _inHisGrace
    Options
    ntw250 wrote: »
    I just cannot swap out mayo........I know it is a nightmare, but given the amount that I have to lose and the fact that i keep it within my calories for the day, its OK..................Am I kidding myself ?

I tend to go this route too. For me swapping doesn't work. Instead of something sustainable, it feels like I'm "eating this poor replacement until the magical day comes." Something that I really love - I eat when I can fit it in. It seems that if I really love it, I make it fit. If I don't make it fit, it eventually goes the out of sight, out of mind route.

Yeah I get that. For me, I actually don’t mind the light mayo anymore. When I realized that most of my calories were either A) condiments or B) beverages. In order for me to ever keep weight off, I knew I had to change big time.

I lost 100lbs once then 60lbs. I ended up weighing way more. This time around I’m making these changes that I am sticking with for life.
  • gewel321
    Options

This is what I do...
    Fry egg with 0 cal spray

English muffin 110 cal
    Egg 70 cal

I don’t normally go for breakfast but I saw this the other day and decided to go for it. I used a light whole wheat English muffin for 100 calories and the laughing cow cheese had several flavors that were 30 calories so I used the garlic and herb cheese. Omg amazballs!! Super quick and easy and I am full. Thank you @_inHisGrace!
  • _inHisGrace
    Options

This is what I do...
    Fry egg with 0 cal spray

English muffin 110 cal
    Egg 70 cal

I don’t normally go for breakfast but I saw this the other day and decided to go for it. I used a light whole wheat English muffin for 100 calories and the laughing cow cheese had several flavors that were 30 calories so I used the garlic and herb cheese. Omg amazballs!! Super quick and easy and I am full. Thank you @_inHisGrace!

Yay! I’m so glad! I need to find that garlic and herb one.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options

This is what I do...
    Fry egg with 0 cal spray

English muffin 110 cal
    Egg 70 cal

I need to find Laughing cow, I've been doing the same thing except with full on american cheese at 100 cal.
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    New swaps fir me:

Arnold’s multi grain bread 110 per slice to Sara Lee delightful bread 45 per slice

Regular cocoa packets at 180 to Swiss miss reduced calorie 35
  • gewel321
    Options
    Does the reduced calorie Swiss miss taste the same? I love me some hot cocoa.
  • _inHisGrace
    Options

It’s not rich but it is creamy. I like it and it hits the spot for me.

• dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Adding plain whole milk greek yogurt to ranch dressing to make dip or get more dressing for less calories + protein.

Mixing 1:1 plain whole milk greek yogurt with premixed yogurt, flavor isn't as intense, but I find them crazy sweet, helps to dial it in.

Could go lower or non fat greek yogurt as well if that's your cuppa tea.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

It’s not rich but it is creamy. I like it and it hits the spot for me.

I actually like the Publix low calorie better than the Swiss Miss....it dissolves better!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I liked the Kroger low fat better than swiss miss, too, but for some reason, Kroger has quit carrying it, so I'm using the swiss miss. it is good, though, too!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I haven't been drinking hot chocolate - but I have an expensive, tasty substitute first thing everyday. I've had lots of trouble with torn ligaments/tendons the past few years and was afraid maybe it was because I'm vegetarian and not getting enough of something in my diet??? In guilty desperation I started taking a collagen supplement hoping it would help.

I ordered the plain type and it just about killed me drinking the cow juice every morning - because I could taste/smell that bone broth flavour, though it might have been in my head. I gagged it down for a month and started feeling a difference in my knees. So I continued, and switched it up to dark chocolate when I ordered it again. The dark chocolate is sweetened with stevia. It is such a treat. Slightly salty but that is just delicious too, like that sea salt chocolate. So now I have cow cocoa (though it might be made from chickens?) every morning, and I get to count it as a "supplement" rather than a treat and feel all virtuous. lol

Best of all, I'm walking so much easier - knee surgery helped get this started, but there were lots of ligament and meniscus tears that weren't really repairable. Now I swear they are healing.

This was my first step in weight loss - being able to get on my feet and move around kick started this whole journey :) and getting lighter makes that even easier!
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hm. Could you link the collagen brand here? I bought one that tasted like pig, and it also had lemon flavor, so it was really yuck.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    cremorna1 wrote: »
    Hm. Could you link the collagen brand here? I bought one that tasted like pig, and it also had lemon flavor, so it was really yuck.

Here you go. It is really good.

https://sportsresearch.com/products/collagen-peptides-naturally-flavored/?variant=29842585419885
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are good, too

Yes ! I've loved frozen grapes since I was a child ! Now I have my daughter (15 yrs old) hooked on them ... :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Frozen grapes are good, too

I've never tried this....going to pick some up this afternoon and give them a whirl!