FEBRUARY 2021 Monthly Challenge

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
edited February 2021 in Social Groups
Happy February everyone

I've been saying that I guess weight doesn't exactly matter at this time but staying as healthy as you can does, it seems however that increasingly it's being found that being not too heavy improves risk against many diseases including this virus so maybe it continues to be important. Additionally, for many of us, Keto helps us feel good and that can't be a disadvantage at any time.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

FEBRUARY 2021

Sunday 2/7
Sunday 2/14
Sunday 2/21
Sunday 2/28

Stay safe everyone and let's look with hope into 2021

Replies

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to February. I have two expectations for this month. First, I hope to continue my weight loss trend. Second, I hope to become immune to Covid and day by day put restrictions imposed by this pandemic behind me. I am optimistic that compared to last year, 2021 will be a much-improved year for most of us.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Lose 3% body fat - Lean Beast + Calorie Cycling
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see familiar faces now that I am back here. I'm motivated (once again) to get back on track and I believe I'm at a place where that can happen again. We've had so many unexpected hurdles to overcome over the past two years and unfortunately, I have gained quite a bit of weight. This community was so helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to this next round.
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    I'm happy to see familiar faces now that I am back here................. This community was so helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to this next round.

KLD, I for one am so glad to see you back with us. Your kind, thoughtful and caring support helped me survive and overcome numerous obstacles in my pursuit back to fitness. I can’t say it as well as you did, but frankly speaking, last year sucked for a lot of us. I have faith this year will be better. And I know your addition back to this community will benefit us as much as it will you. Welcome back!

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see familiar faces now that I am back here................. This community was so helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to this next round.

KLD, I for one am so glad to see you back with us. Your kind, thoughtful and caring support helped me survive and overcome numerous obstacles in my pursuit back to fitness. I can’t say it as well as you did, but frankly speaking, last year sucked for a lot of us. I have faith this year will be better. And I know your addition back to this community will benefit us as much as it will you. Welcome back!

Stormy: You were at the top of my mind when I said I'm happy to see familiar faces! I feel the same way about how much your input and support (and checking up on me!) helped me previously. Let's keep that faith (that 2021 will be better) together! I'm so glad you're still here and I'm ready to get moving :)
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY 2021
    Start: 271.8 lbs

Sunday 2/7
    Sunday 2/14
    Sunday 2/21
    Sunday 2/28

I have been working on reducing my carbs for a while now, and not seeing the results I want. So, for February I am committed to making Keto work for me, and also averaging 8,500 steps per day.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    nice to see some new face and returning 'old' ones!
  • maria4560h
    maria4560h Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to lose body fat percentage too as well as gain muscle. About it. If my weight goes up instead of down but my waist doesn’t expand I’m happy enough with that considering how much time I spend on the average day working out. I need to actually put together my new scale on days I don’t go to the gym and work out only at home or outside.
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HW 298
    SW 290.8
    GW 190.8

Ended February Challenge at 214.4

FEBRUARY 2021

Sunday 2/07
    Sunday 2/14
    Sunday 2/21
    Sunday 2/28

My goal for this month is to be down 5 pounds. I got the boulder to move, now I just have to keep it rolling.
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

[/quote]Hoping to get through this month on track. My 36th birthday is on the 18th and my son's 1st birthday is on the 22nd. Birthdays usually throw me off so I'm going to have to really try to stay on course. [/quote]

Anyway you could plan to celebrate them at the same time? Make the battle as small as possible? Could menu planning be pre-portioned, easy to log items?

I understand how these "life things" can definitely make me stumble. But, if I can go into them with a solid plan to stick to, and try to minimize the stumble as much as possible, I can usually keep things on the rails.

You got this!!!!

• suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I restarted LCHF January 1 and am down 10 lbs. I did great in January, but I know I am coming up on this mark of 255 that in the past has always become a mental block and I give up. I am looking forward to talking to others so that I can break through this mental block and also to share tips, thoughts, etc!!! Thanks. I look forward to "meeting" all of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend. My food diary is always open. :)

Feb 2021 start 259.8

February Goal 5# weight loss

Weigh ins:
    Feb 6
    Feb 13
    Feb 20
    Feb 28
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    I restarted LCHF January 1 and am down 10 lbs. I did great in January, but I know I am coming up on this mark of 255 that in the past has always become a mental block and I give up. I am looking forward to talking to others so that I can break through this mental block and also to share tips, thoughts, etc!!! Thanks. I look forward to "meeting" all of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend. My food diary is always open. :)

Hey there, suchaprettyface70, we are same-same buddies on the January success thing. I’ve lost count of the number of times I have lost 10 January pounds only to find them back in the months following. I’m thinking it’s possible to reverse that trend in 2021. And I’m with you, this group has been supportive for me. I know it will be in the future too, with the addition of new friends like you. Welcome!

• stormywxs288
    Options
    Superbowl Sunday! The good news is, I already weighed in this morning before any SB festivities began. I recorded a loss of 1.4 pounds this week and I’m pretty sure I saw my own shadow on the scale too. That means I should have at least 6 more straight weeks of losing, right? Ground Hog’s Day, Super Bowl, and Valentine’s Day are not going to slow down my battle against weight this month.

n9hHm8.png
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY 2021

Sunday 2/7 182.4
    Sunday 2/14
    Sunday 2/21
    Sunday 2/28

Trying to survive, one catastropy after another. My goal/hope is that I WILL NOT resort to stress- eating!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,890 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY 2021
    Start: 165.3 lbs

Sunday 2/7 165.3
    Sunday 2/14
    Sunday 2/21
    Sunday 2/28

I’m focusing on reducing my carb intake and not stress eating too.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY 2021
    Start: 271.8 lbs

Sunday 2/7 - 262.2
    Sunday 2/14
    Sunday 2/21
    Sunday 2/28

February stats:
    -9.6 lb
    -3.5% body weight

Favorite Keto Meal this week:
    Chicken brussel sprouts carbonara
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to everyone. I'm suddenly away from home for an unspecified period due to my mother in law needing emergency care. I'm not going to be doing much for a week or so. Hope things go well.
This discussion has been closed.