1235»

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@SModa61 thanks for the recipe for getting more protein I love cottage cheese and yogurt. Have to pick up chia seeds and a high fiber cereal. I definitely need a more substantial breakfast than I'm having now.

@Bovaryoo I might try the cottage cheese and scrambled eggs and see how it goes. Right now I use Good Culture CC, 14g protein. Honestly, I'm not a big eater so making 1,300 calories a day is an effort but tracking helps me see how undernourished I really have been.

@donna25trinity keeping track of macros is easy I just checked the box and it shows up on top of my diary. Otherwise, I wouldn't pay attention to it either lol As far as the Xmas party goes I agree with @SummerSkier I would always have a light meal before any social event because you never know what your walking in to when it comes to food and drink. Besides, I like my food better than catered anyway.

Thanks ladies for all your help

@GREYGIRL915 LOL ok i might give it a try this week. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    6gl5o464cg6t.jpeg
    This is a sunset behind the North Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona. Within 3 minutes this almost volcanic eruption-like scene was gone. I love hiking in the desert.

Beautiful pic
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    jforde78 wrote: »
    Excerise 20mins- no
    Tracked in racks: yes
    Budget: no
    First pass day 1/3

Long day at work and did well. Hung out with hubby after work and included 2 cocktails. How do you “reward” without food/alcohol? Need need habits that satisfy.

Hanging out with the love of your life is rewarding in and of itself 🥰 Perhaps redefining what a reward is as well as what is rewardable will help you come to a new level. Hubby may have some ideas too.

That said, glad to hear you're doing well! 🙌🏿

@jforde78 this is also a working progress for me so im so sorry but i am not the best placed to give u advice with this. Its funny tho how food and alcohol seem to be the go to wen it comes to rewarding ourselves. Prob cos of all the sugar salt and addictive crap they put in our foods these days. Its almost like drugs!! I beleive the 1st step to change is self awareness the fact that u are aware of wat ur doing is a huge start. All the best with it. U hve alot of peeps here cheering u on. @MaltedTea love ur take on this!!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Sorry I went AWOL for a couple days. My routine has been totally off track. I hated to admit it, but in the middle of a pandemic, we had 2 granddaughters (ages 3 and 5) for 8 days. My daughter and SIL had to attend a wedding half-way across the country. We kept thinking the wedding would be postponed but as we ticked closer, realized it was full steam ahead and SIL was the best man. So they left the girls with us and drove. They were an absolute delight and it was a treat to spend time with them but I am not used to that! They're up the same time as me, and grandma likes peace and quiet for the first 2 cups of coffee! Then getting everybody dressed, off to preschool, I'd work for 2.5 hours, pick them up, come home, play, eat, etc etc. Twice I bundled them up to play outside in the snow. I told hubby I felt like the mom from "A Christmas Story" bundling up Ralphie's brother. I was honestly exhausted before we ever walked out the door! A couple days I ran on the treadmill while they played. So exercise was not the problem, and even food choices were OK. It was once they went home that everything fell apart! Hubby brought home TWO bottles of wine - and once I start alcohol, the munchies hit. I have to be honest with myself, and claim two pass days already. No one to blame but myself. This is not "the end" - just part of the process.

Also - this morning I did get caught up on all the posts and there is one in particular that I have to comment on. @RangerRickL - you mentioned that Rose kicked you out of the kitchen when you retired and tried to rearrange her kitchen. I almost spit out my coffee when I read that. When my hubby and I had been dating just a month or two, he brought dinner to my house (he's a great cook and I think he wanted to impress me). At some point, I left the room to do something and when I came back into the kitchen, he was standing there with a cabinet door open and very proudly said "ta-da! I fixed your kitchen!" He had moved around some dishes/bowls for what he thought would be more organized. I was FURIOUS because I had been married for 32 years to an extremely manipulative man, was quite happy being single, and thought he was just another man that was going to constantly criticize and tell me what to do. I grabbed all the stuff he had brought, threw it into the box he brought it in, shoved the box into his chest and said "get out" while walking to the door! He had a look of complete shock on his face but walked out. I was still fuming when he very timidly knocked on the door and said that he couldn't leave under such bad circumstances, could we just talk about this? His reason/excuse was that he had worked in quality control for 25 years and he has trouble not looking/evaluating things for how they can be done better. I realized he wasn't a jerk, forgave him, and a year later we were married. We laugh about it now.

@biketheworld LOVE the story!

@biketheworld lol best story ever!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
    2 passes
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity thank youuu, it really wasn't easy, especially since we were sitting together and playing card games. Everyone was munching on something but me. I didn't want to waist a pass day just yet, so I managed somehow
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    @donna25trinity thank youuu, it really wasn't easy, especially since we were sitting together and playing card games. Everyone was munching on something but me. I didn't want to waist a pass day just yet, so I managed somehow

Good 4 u!!!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Two yes and a no

Shark week is killer

1/3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld Thanks for sharing! Both you and we have managed to have great relationships despite male POV quality control activities!!
    Your friend, Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 are you okay now? I'm reading yesterday's posts and February 5 on February 8. Sorry, Rick
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 are you okay now? I'm reading yesterday's posts and February 5 on February 8. Sorry, Rick [/quote]

Thanks Rick aka @RangerRickL
    My doctor asked for more information today, which I sent. Likely I will hear back tomorrow.

Short answer: I think I’m fine. I walked 2 hours today. (The HEart rate #’s seemto be an error with my Apple Watch) I will probably buy a new one.

Long answer: I might ask for an in-person appt so he can take a listen to heart/lungs — just to be sure.

I am taking it easy except for my walks!

I’m also grappling with possibly a more efficient body at the 2.5 year in maintenance so the scale keeps going up slowly.

I’ve added at least a pound of fruits & veg spread over all 3 meals. We’ve tightened up on what foods we are bringing into the house. And even if I don’t do much else, I’m
    Walking at least 90 minutes each day.

#Determined
    #HealthFirst
    #NeverGiveUp
    #CatchItNow
    #iNevetWanttoDietAgain!

Thank you very much for asking,
    Maddie
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 To quote your quote from the maintenance-of-weight loss study: One hour a day of walking is the foundation of successful maintenance. I am taking that statement very seriously!!
    Rick