Yes, yes, yes

2 passes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

I've been extra determined to be successful this month. As a result of no pass days so far, I've lost 3 lbs this week!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri I am sorry that you have been very sick. I have missed you and was concerned about your absence.
    It's good to have you back and get well very soon.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options

@IamIamsmakeover Congratulations!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/7
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

PASS: 1/3 (for my own accountability)
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Pass day today - second in a row - eeeek.

I think I over did it physically this weekend with the ugly run yesterday and a super hard class this morning. I feel like I got hit by a truck and I have a killer migraine. That plus the snowstorm that is asking me to bake* - I kind of just want to bake and nap. I promise I’ll snap out of it and be back on track tomorrow. Promise. Swear on coffee (this is a huge deal).

*Grew up with Mom and Gram in the house. Snow days from school = mom at work, I spent the day home with Gram baking tasty treats. Therefore when it snows and I see my oven, the nostalgia kicks in and I feel the overwhelming need to bake. Bad for the waistline, good for the soul. ❤️

I agree! Good for the SOUL! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday but three yeses for today and yesterday. Exercise was 30 mins on exercise bike, 50 minute walk and 30 minutes Pilates. We had snow today - we don’t get it often so high excitement for the kids who rushed off sledging with my husband. My knee is still not solid enough to go where they went but I did manage a walk when I realised there was no ice. Unfortunately it’ll be freezing temperatures and more snow in next few days so expecting lots of ice so will not be out and about much. This bl**dy knee!! I have come so far with it but it still feels like a long way to go to be normal again. So frustrating to miss the sledging fun!
    @mshawski I’m with you on the baking, so cosy and comforting - I’ve made brownies and banana bread this weekend. But I made it for others and declared it out loud beforehand so only nibbled a bit. We are very bored in lockdown so sometimes we (me and the kids) bake a batch of cookies and then go for a walk to deliver a few here and there for friends. So we get the fun of baking but the food doesn’t hang around too long! And we, slightly illegally, see our friends for a doorstep chat.

I LOVE that you and the children bake cookies and treat to pass to the neighbors and visit! Pure generosity is going on right there! Way to go and to teach the kiddos a very VALUABLE lesson in both gratitude and healthy eating, by NOT allowing those tasty sugary food items to linger around in YOUR home! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Start weight, February 1, 2021: 126.2
    February 1, 2021 – 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September, 14, 2020 – 153.0

Plans for setting calorie goal
    For February, I will be joining the others in the group that are here for accountability while maintaining. I am adding 200 calories/day to my January target calories, for a total of 1680. For comparison, MFP stated that my maintenance calories should be 1610. We’ll see how this goes and adjust daily calorie goal if I begin to consistently gain.

Also, I will consider calories a “yes” if either my food is under 1680, or my net is under 1400. Both of those numbers are 200 calories above my January numbers.
    Date: 2/1
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Indoor cycle 45:58; 6 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (27), push ups (23)
    Calories?: Yes, 1526/1680 – 195 exercise ( 1331 net)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 1 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2125

*** For indoor cycling, I am going to start over riding the MFP exercise calories with data from the bike. MFP seems high.

Date: 2/2
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 30 min snow shoveling; PM: 0:59:54 snow boot walk at 15’54” pace for 3.76 miles, avg HR 118 BPM; 5 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (36), 1 min knee push ups (20)
    Calories?: Yes, 1603/1680 – 466 exercise ( 1137 net)
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple WatchTDEE: 2042

Date: 2/3
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: 40 min snow shoveling; 6 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (30), 1 min knee push ups (26), 1.5 min squats (58), 1.5 min hip bridges (36); Indoor cycle 21:06
    Calories?: Yes, 1682/1680 – 330 exercise ( 1352 net)
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2193

Date: 2/4
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 4:26 min single forearm plank; PM: 0:32:26 run at 11’16” pace for 2.88 miles; 1.5 min sit ups (29), 1.5 min pushups (5 real, 18 knee)
    Calories?: Yes, 1660/1680 – 238 exercise ( 1422 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 4 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2372

***So though my “exercise” is on the lighter side, before I headed outside at 8:40 PM in 27 degrees, my apple watch said I had already done 602/510 move calories, 49/30 exercise min, 14/12 stand hours, 9,792 steps, 4.4 miles and 138 flights.

Today was also my “second” run. Shorter than my first, but I needed to make sure my second run was a success so there would ever be a third. I did throw in a hill AND the one time I passed my friendly speed detector I sped up and got it to flash a “9”. :P

Date: 2/5
    Exercised?: Yes, Indoor cycle 30 min
    Calories?: Yes, 1670/1680 – 126 exercise ( 1544 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 5 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    TDEE: TBD

Date: 2/6
    Exercised?: Yes,
    Calories?: Yes, 1650/1680 – 362 exercise ( 1285 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 6 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    TDEE: 1975

Date: 2/7
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 0:40:47 Solo walk at 13’43” pace for 2.97 miles, avg HR 130 BPM, 5.5 min mixed planks; PM: Indoor cycle 20:13, 3.0 min single forearm, 1.5 min sit ups (28), 1.5 min pushups ( 7 real, 17 knee), 1.5 min squats (58), 1.5 min hip bridges (42)
    Calories?: Yes, 1752/1680 – 364 exercise ( 1388 net ) – using my rule #2
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 7 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch***
    TDEE: TBD

*** Woot! I finally earned the Perfect Week All Activity vis my Apple Watch!

Remaining passes: 3

Way to go, my friend! CONGRATS AND AWESOME! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep, 75 minutes on the spin bike, followed by a 60 minute Barre class in the morning, at my fitness center, then 90 minutes strength training, 30 minutes on the Concept 2 rowing machine, and finished up with another 45 minutes on the spin bike this evening at home.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep, easily.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep

Every time I read your exercise, my husband will hear me talk out loud! He will look at me, " Who are you talking about? ' as I repeat out loud to myself ALL the exercise that YOU do! I told him your age and said that HIM and I have NO excuse NOT to exercise or complain we are too OLD to try that or do this!
    Thanks yet again for the INSPIRATION, my friend! How do YOU enjoy those barre classes? I have wanted to try them and heard it HELPS with flexibility and strength, as ballerinas have great strength and are quite flexible! My hubby has a cousin who moved to New York and became a ballerina in the New York Ballet, pretty AMAZING! She now is older and teaches ballerinas for the ballet, and she has a WONDERFUL and healthy body! She is also an AMAZING and KIND human-being! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Over by about the same amount of calories that I would have burned, had I worked out... 🤷‍♀️ I need to get my act together, not so happy about my workout routine so far this month...

ETA: today was my first pass for this month

YOU had an AWESOME day yesterday, though, so do NOT be so HARD on YOURSELF, and tomorrow is a NEW day, so FORGET this one! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The only act you need to get together is your emoji game @dewit. I miss your super colorful posts lol

Kudos @SModa61 for your perfect week! 🥳 You also inspired me to get outside this morning for a 4km out and back "coffee run" after saying you went out in cold weather. When I converted Fahrenheit to Celcius, we had the same temperature so I had no more excuses to stay inside.

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Bret Contreras' Strong Curves "At Home Workout" (31), Fartlek run (68) TOTAL: 99 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 417
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? [YES | 40%
    Pass Days Used: --

I ALWAYS LOVE the way YOU bring HUMOR into YOUR comments on other's posts! I ALWAYS laugh out loud when reading them! :p
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Exercise: yes An hour on the elliptical plus a little yoga and laundry (hey, laundry counts when you go up and down the stairs!)
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes

Yes doing laundry and going up and down the stairs does count! I go up and down my stairs and there are ( I had to go count them just now ) 24 stairs from my top floor to my basement, where I had them put my washer and dryer when we built our home in 2001. It is normally on the main floor, but I converted that, when we built the home, to my beauty salon since it already had the water stubbed in there for a washing machine and liked the idea of NOT having my clients go down into the basement, especially as most of them are older with bad joints, hips, and knees!
    I decided to Google some stair information for myself and the group! This is what I found out!

Is stair climbing a great exercise, and how much do you burn?
    1) Stairs burn 9 calories per minute by running up and downstairs for an average 140-pound woman!
    2) You burn 17 calories for every step you climb, and descended steps burn 5 calories for every step!
    3) If you want to BURN 500 calories in a day, YOU MUST climb 33.33 flights of stairs or come down 100 flights!

I hope that YOU find this information as informative and interesting as I did!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    pamjsa wrote: »
    Exercise: ✔️
    Calories: ?
    Tracking: Sorta

I was planning on taking a pass day today because of the SuperBowl. I was actually really excited about that, since it meant I didn't have to exercise.

But then I did my weekly weigh-in this morning and saw that I'd lost a pound. My goal is .5 per week--the weight loss needs to be slow if it's going to be sustainable, and I am TIRED of losing this same 10-15 pounds over and over again. The biggest loss I've had was .7 since I started using MFP again. Last Sunday, I recorded a very disappointing .3 loss. So a full pound in one week was a pretty big deal.

I didn't want to blow it, but I also wanted to enjoy the SuperBowl with my husband and son. So I decided to exercise as usual (45 minute walk) and track my calories, even if I wasn't going to stay in budget. As it turned out, I didn't track every cookie and potato chip, which is why I'm still calling this a pass day. But I did stick to my no eating after 7 p.m. rule.

So. This is pass day #1, but it was the smartest pass day I can imagine taking. Certainly much better than the totally-off-the-chain day I had planned for myself.

Since you are new to our group, I wanted to offer a suggestion that I follow. We have had many discussions in the UAC on this topic, and YOU must find what works BEST for you, and that might not be what is BEST for me! When I start a new monthly challenge, for example, the month of January! I weigh myself on January 1st and do NOT weigh again until the LAST day of the month! I am a Weight Watcher Lifetime Member, but one thing I hated was the weekly weighing in front of others, and if I had gone up, even slightly, I felt ASHAMED and GUILTY! These are two feelings that I CHOOSE not to feel! I also do NOT want my weight loss to be DEFINED by the SCALE! I know when I am on track by how my clothes feel and do NOT need to see a number to know if I am healthy or not! Before my Monday morning Weight Watcher weigh-in and meeting, I once made a mistake the night before eating Chinese! I ate as I should and was on the correct target for my points ( what WW used in their diet plan ), and I ate well through the whole week! I was looking forward to a 2-4 pound weight loss that week because I thought I had done so well! I got up on the scale in front of everyone and walked on, and they wrote in RED pen on my book that I had GAINED 7 pounds! How could I have GAINED 7 pounds in that week? I found out that Chinese food has so much MSG ( salt ) in it, and it BLOATED me up and therefore had me RETAIN water and CAUSED my gain! A few days after weighing myself at home, the weight was down and did show a 3-pound weight LOSS, but the way I felt stuck with ME FOREVER! Doing the method that I chose to do now has led me to lose 29 pounds in a short 4 months, and I think that is pretty AMAZING! I hope my story HELPS you decide how YOU want to weigh YOURSELF on the scale! :)
    I also wanted to add that this INSPIRES my weight loss too. When you log and post at the end of the day. It will say at the bottom of your page, " IF EVERY DAY WAS A DAY LIKE TODAY YOU WILL WEIGH_______ IN 5 WEEKS! I see that NUMBER ( without stepping on the scale ), and if I did great that day, the number is LOW, and I love it! If I did NOT feel so great that day, the number is HIGH, which makes me think I either must workout MORE if I choose to eat that much or decrease how much I eat or make better food choices! No SCALE is NEEDED unless it is to WEIGH your FOOD! :p
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    I was ill most of last week, nasty, vomiting up everything I tried to eat or drink, even water, so no food intake, no exercise. Was just about well enough to do my examining on Saturday, just half a day, but it involved a morning's travel and a stay in a hotel. Hotel food on Saturday night, first proper meal I had eaten, but no way I could work out the calories, probably over. I did have to walk for a good 45 minutes though. Hotel breakfast on Sunday morning, again, couldn't count the calories, but I did go for a walk in the sunshine when I got home: some 50 minutes. Hopefully today, Monday, back to normal. Have planned proper meals and a walk for today.[/q

Sorry to hear you have been so ill! I hope that YOU start to feel back to normal soon, my friend! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Weeeeelllp. That's it

3/3

Keep on posting, and YOU make the CHAMPION list, so NOT over yet, my dear! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    BobWw2017 wrote: »
    February 7

Pass day 1

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    No

Too many Super Bowl treats!

It sounds like a good day for a PLANNED pass day to me! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

I've been extra determined to be successful this month. As a result of no pass days so far, I've lost 3 lbs this week!

Way to go on the 3-pound weight LOSS! <3