Monthly Post for February 2021

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The marathon, and my birthday, are both in October. Plenty of time to train! I have a 5 km run next weekend which is a “red dress run” for the local chest heart and stroke charity. I’m known for my costumes, so I’m dressing up as Little Red Riding Hood, with one dog as the big bad wolf, and the other as the woodcutter.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    sryqdh5qso3a.jpeg
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,538 Member
    Options
    @melaniecheeks I love it! You go, girl!

Today was a good day, but I am exhausted. Fasted for 20ish hours except for the two Skittles at the end of the day. Had a nice little dinner, and will fast til breakfast tomorrow.
    I hope you all are doing well! It is so stinkin' cold! Supposed to be -20° F wind-chill this weekend! Where is summer when you need it?!
    Stay healthy! Stay warm!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I’m having an odd dinner planned tonight. On another forum, someone shared a recipe for a fish finger sandwich with Bombay mix, so I’ve volunteered to make it as an experiment! About to plug in to my diary now
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry for being MIA, crazy here lately! At the office today for a bit and soon heading back out to my local Goodwill to donate more stuff that we are getting rid of! This weekend we are taking a long weekend (office closed Monday for President's Day holiday. We are going up the line to spend the holiday with friends at an AirBnB. Everybody has been laying low so we don't spread the virus. UGH.

@melaniecheeks LOVE your pic! OMG so cute!! <3

Need to keep this brief today! Have a great day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just started my fast timer. I should get 20+ hours and then another 12-13. I have been a little (a lot) loosey-goosey about my fast day meal. I am going to be more strict about it and make sure I am tracking on feast days, too. Almost bed time. Have a good rest of your week! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Woohoo lots happening here!! I likey!

Melanie! Omg that’s so hilarious!! Love your spirit! You’ll be sure to put a smile on everyone’s face during your run.... best of luck to you!!!

Kate what do you use to keep track of your fasting? Sounds like that’s really worked for you. You’ll probs burn some good cals just trying to stay warm!!!! We were at -2C today which is 28F .... forecast is calling for more of the same all week!! Brrrrr

Great job clearing out the clutter and donating your treasures Meghan! If it’s hard to get rid of ‘something’ take a photo!! That helps me.

I’ve had some low cal days but am not able to walk on my own because of blisters... my dog walks are slow, but wouldn’t you know that when my mind finally wants to get walking again my feet don’t!
    Special blister bandaids are in use!!!
    Hoping for more weight losses on weekend.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen It is stupidly cold here. The wind chill is supposed to be in the -30°C range Sunday thru Tuesday. And 6-10 inches of snow. We are supposed to set all sorts of records for cold and snow in the next few days. :o I hope your feet heal quickly!

Off to teach the children! Have a great day and enjoy your weekend, everyone! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Woke up to snow!!!!!
    Only 3” but still.,,, beautiful to look at! Our roads are clear and it’s still coming down. Keeping my blisters in check so I’m almost glad of this snow!

Being mindful of eating and when I crave snacks/treats etc.... mind over matter and sleep has a lot to do with it for me!

Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Drank way too much red wine last night!! Nine years today since my sis passing :'( Guess I’m allowed. We did enjoy really good bbq steak too...yes, I bbq in the snow!!

Hope the packing is going well Meghan! Don’t worry about checking in here... it’s a lot of work to move.. just think of the calories you’re burning!

Have a nice day everyone! <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes wine is good. *Hugs*
    If anyone finds my motivation laying around somewhere, could you please send it back to me? It is a remote learning day because it is stupidly cold and snowy. I have gotten exactly nothing done today. Well, I did laundry, but I did nothing related to my job. I really should do that. You know, because I am getting paid for it. :D
    I started the day fasting, but I got hangry. I think a good sleep will fix me up and I can be productive tomorrow... Right? LOL
    I hope you all are off to a good start this week! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks Kate <3
    I’ve been doing loads of laundry too but haven’t found your motivation here ...?? Re-trace your steps!
    Monday slush day! Yup... that’s what we get after a dump of snow then it warms a couple degrees!
    Thinking of making fudge... guess I should re-think that!!!! >:)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

I am back! Sorry for being MIA again. LOL

Last week was busy, busy, busy with working, packing, tossing, organizing... We are living in a see of boxes. Empty and full at the moment. It is a bit frustrating since this is a small place. Gets crowded fast! We have packers coming next Wednesday at 9:00am and movers are coming next Friday at 8:00am. So the final two weeks or less is here!

This past weekend we were away from Friday afternoon through yesterday afternoon. We rented a very nice home up the line in CT with four couples, two children, and a dog. Fun times!! Walked around a little on Saturday. There is still a fair amount of snow on the ground and it was COLD! We had take out one night otherwise we cooked meals, played games, had cocktails, and LOTS of laughs!

Looking forward to getting organized this week and getting back on my Keto WOE! We are both (BF and I) taking it easy and not buying a lot of stuff, so this week we are planning turkey sandwiches on low carb wraps for lunch instead of the big salad. Trying to pair down where we can. Planning to stick to my WOE but not go crazy with the move coming. More snow is coming this week *screams* but hopefully it gets it out of its system soon and we have a good day for the move. Sigh...

Sounds like you ladies are well! I will pop in and out of there as much as I can during the next two weeks. Even with just a quick post.

See you all soon! Hope you have a great healthy week ahead! <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good luck with the move, Meghan!

Mamainthekitchen, I found some of my motivation! Mostly the part where stuff is due tomorrow. :D I won't give you my opinion on making fudge because I am not making my best life choices this week! LOL

We have broken all sorts of records for low temperatures. Plus we have rolling blackouts. Fun times. I am either going to hibernate or fly south if it doesn't warm up soon! Have a good rest of the week! Stay healthy and warm! (I am jealous of those of you that live in warm places.)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was slightly above instantly frozen and we even had sunshine. I am still not making good life choices. It is too darned cold for that. I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm and healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Helloooo from a sea of boxes! Snow on the way here today. Starting mid day today (Thursday) and going through tomorrow AM we are getting around six inches of snow. Sigh...

Yesterday was good. Popped in to the hairdresser for my appt. She snuck me in before the storm hits. Ugh. So tired of snow but we are being productive as much as possible. Got all the books packed up and are planning to tackle kitchen and bathroom stuff today.

Okay, been typing this post for hours. LOL Time to submit. Have a great day and see you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    K I just erased everything I said.... those poor people in Texas... I can’t even imagine, so I won’t complain! Sipping hot tea looking out the window is privilege. I’ve got to stop watching the news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little snack today... from the bulk isle... hazelnuts! They’re unsalted with the skins on and they are WAY better than the ones mixed into the mixed nuts bin!! About 20 measures to be an ounce. Yum!

Hope you’re all well.... Meghan you got this, moving sucks at the best of time but with all that snow?? You’ll be glad to be settled in your new place very soon!

Kate, I never made the fudge but am thinking of the keto kind... still, thinking is all I’m doing and maybe that’s really all I need!?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Friday! A week from now, at around this time - we will be MOVING! Ahhhh!!! :o

Nothing much new here. Been sticking to Keto this week, next week I will do my best. Using up what is in the fridge and not making any new recipes or buying a lot of food until we are settled. :(

Hope you guys have a good day and a nice weekend. We are going to pack!! Also planning to some friends for brunch on Sunday (had been rescheduled a few weeks back because of SNOW). We will try and visit my guys parents tomorrow, if we can find a place to park amongst all the snow.

Snowed all day yesterday and stopped last night. Today is round two, but only an inch or so is expected. Total snow fall for us is probably around six or eight inches. Will be able to confirm once I go outside. Bit of cabin fever happening here, so can't wait to get out for a bit. Sigh... :)

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Moving is exciting and exhausting! Good luck!

@mamainthekitchen I feel bad complaining about our weather when I see the poor people in Texas! Yikes!

I have some work related stress going on, so I might be MIA. I will be eating my feelings. Any prayers and best wishes would be appreciated.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Sending positive vibes Kate!! :#
    This is quick check in while I’m updating diary.... just downed a full glass of lemon water before I enjoy a low carb beer! I’m weird! Dinner late today... snapper with lemon butter & tons of broccoli!
    Have a great Saturday :)