February 17 Sign In

Options

Replies

• fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise, tracking, and calories are all yes.

This week has turned more into a maintenance week for me. A slight increase in weight but overall I am feeling good. I will have to try changing things up this weekend somehow.

To everyone, especially in Texas, stay safe!

Dad was Navy and we lived in a lot of places. When we lived in Corpus Christi cold was just a couple days. When we have lived where cold weather was normal, we would usually get a few days of relative warmth every week or so. This year it has just been constant cold. Our highs have been below freezing for at least 3 weeks straight.
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    2 x yes

7/3
  • GreyGirl915
    GreyGirl915 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Forgot to post 2/17 but did it all so posting late.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Feb 17

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Yesterday reloaded, except that I did my πŸ‹β€β™€οΈ routine instead of the HIIT. Somehow bored by this lifting routine, or dreading it, but hope to stick with it long enough to finish the program.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes Dance aerobics 35; Walk 60
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

3️⃣ Pass days left
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Feb 17πŸŽ–
    Tracked all
    Under
    1:18 exercise 11,900 steps
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @calvin20874 A rest day can be a cautious walk.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,104 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/17
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? βœ…
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? βœ…
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? βœ….

Passes used: 2 of 3
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: Β»
    17th February:
    Not a brilliant day, as I needed to sort out too many annoying things for my partner as well as my step-son in UK.
    However, managed 20 minutes walking quite early this morning. Light was gorgeous, stayed under calories - made a delicious French Onion Soup, cried my eyes out, and didn't eat much else and tracked everything.

I hear ya, girlfriend! I know I too have to sort out EVERYONE'S life sometimes and ME, well I am ALWAYS last! Big hugs to YOU! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    βœ…βœ…βœ…. Honestly I have no real clue but I think it’s not a past day.Here in Texas we are having the apocalypse. I have no power and haven’t had power since Sunday. I have no water now as a pipe Maine broke somewhere. It is warmed up and it is no longer in the zeros. But we have half of an inch of ice under 6 inches of snow under another inch of ice and we are due for another ice storm tonight. My work is closed all week. The picture is in my bedroom it was in the 30s in the bedrooms all week and just warmed up to the 40s the other temperature is the main house.y0xy4gyuxcip.jpeg

I just can't fathom in my brain that this is happening in Texas right now! I guess this is what Global Warming really is all about! Places that were once warm places are cold, and cold places now becoming warm, so strange! Hugs, my friend!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    17/02/2021

Exercise: yes, cardio 20+ minutes, walking and playing with granddaughter 50 mins.
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Pass days used: 0/3

Difficult day today. I went out in the morning with my son and granddaughter for about an hour but Chris was having difficulty playing with her, I was doing most of the running around chasing her. Later I went out just with Chris for a walk – in the rain – and realised that it’s not the 4 year old that’s been holding us back. Chris is shuffling like an old man and he will need walking aids quite soon. Also, today his mental capacity was obviously impaired. The forgetfulness and brain fog that he had 15 months ago is returning. I had some difficult conversations with my daughter-in-law, and we were both in tears.

I am going to send you a PM, and I hope you get it! It will be later today or tomorrow at the latest! Big hugs to you, my friend! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @RangerRickL i love the second wind post. It’s just what I need - this week I’ve felt that both my weight loss and knee recovery have been stalling but I have big plans for some extra work I can do for my knee from tomorrow and I will just have to learn some patience with the weight loss!

Really sorry that your knee is giving you so much pain and discomfort! Having struggled for about 6 years with debilitating lower back pain and spine issues, I know all too well how that feels! Hugs to you, my friend, and I will pray the knee starts improving soon! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: Β»
    @lesdarts180 I have a partner with Alzheimer's who walks fantastically but his brain fugs make me cry. You have all my sympathy.

I second this post! My Grandfather passed away from the disease, and currently, my father-in-law is suffering from it too! It is VERY HARD for EVERYONE involved! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    pamjsa wrote: Β»
    I'm part of the snowpocalypse in Texas, so eating has turned into a matter of whatever is available and when the power is on. (It was out for 11 hours today, 12 yesterday.) Not trying to track anything at this point--just trying to make it through this awful week. No winner's circle for me this month. I'll go back to keeping track for my own accountability when things settle down.

Oh my goodness, you too are in Texas! My prayers and thoughts are with you ALL! Hang in there, and Winners Circle is the last thing YOU need to be concerned about, but YOU are a WINNER in my book! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    mshawski wrote: Β»
    2/17/21

βœ…βœ…βœ…

Exercise: 1 mile walk on treadmill, 3 mile run.

I am hosting a National webex call tomorrow and I tend to stress eat so tomorrow will definitely be a test of will and how far I’ve come with being more mindful of my eating habits. 🀞🏻

@mshawski
    I have the same tendencies.
    I recently went through a similar situation. What worked was visualizing the moment the work event was over. Did I want to have to lose weight then? Or did I want to be done with the event & have maintained?

The answer was β€œmaintained.” I drank lots of water & herbal tea. Baby carrots, celery, green peppers, and apples help too!

Good luck! You’ve got this!!!

Oh, Miss Molly! YOU ALWAYS give the BEST advice! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Feb. 17
    Exercise: 30 min. Stationary bike, 25 min. Stretching
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes

A somewhat light day due to a lumbar injection. They advised me to rest but I refuse to take a pass day lol. Seriously, I cautious. It's all good.

How are YOU feeling with yours? I had two done, long time ago! They were EXTREMELY painful, the first at least, as I did NOT get put under; next one, I did! Neither one worked at all for ME! I pray that YOU have a better outcome than I did. :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: Β»
    Start weight, February 1, 2021: 126.2
    February 1, 2021 – 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September, 14, 2020 – 153.0

Plans for setting calorie goal
    For February, I will be joining the others in the group that are here for accountability while maintaining. I am adding 200 calories/day to my January target calories, for a total of 1680. For comparison, MFP stated that my maintenance calories should be 1610. We’ll see how this goes and adjust daily calorie goal if I begin to consistently gain.

Also, I will consider calories a β€œyes” if either my food is under 1680, or my net is under 1400. Both of those numbers are 200 calories above my January numbers.
    Date: 2/1
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Indoor cycle 45:58; 6 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (27), push ups (23)
    Calories?: Yes, 1526/1680 – 195 exercise ( 1331 net)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 1 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2125

*** For indoor cycling, I am going to start over riding the MFP exercise calories with data from the bike. MFP seems high.

Date: 2/2
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 30 min snow shoveling; PM: 0:59:54 snow boot walk at 15’54” pace for 3.76 miles, avg HR 118 BPM; 5 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (36), 1 min knee push ups (20)
    Calories?: Yes, 1603/1680 – 466 exercise ( 1137 net)
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2042

Date: 2/3
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: 40 min snow shoveling; 6 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (30), 1 min knee pushups (26), 1.5 min squats (58), 1.5 min hip bridges (36); Indoor cycle 21:06
    Calories?: Yes, 1682/1680 – 330 exercise ( 1352 net)
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2193

Date: 2/4
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 4:26 min single forearm plank; PM: 0:32:26 run at 11’16” pace for 2.88 miles; 1.5 min sit ups (29), 1.5 min pushups (5 real, 18 knee)
    Calories?: Yes, 1660/1680 – 238 exercise ( 1422 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 4 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2372

***So though my β€œexercise” is on the lighter side, before I headed outside at 8:40 PM in 27 degrees, my apple watch said I had already done 602/510 move calories, 49/30 exercise min, 14/12 stand hours, 9,792 steps, 4.4 miles and 138 flights.

Today was also my β€œsecond” run. Shorter than my first, but I needed to make sure my second run was a success so there would ever be a third. I did throw in a hill AND the one time I passed my friendly speed detector I sped up and got it to flash a β€œ9”. :P

Date: 2/5
    Exercised?: Yes, Indoor cycle 30 min
    Calories?: Yes, 1670/1680 – 126 exercise ( 1544 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 5 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    TDEE: TBD

Date: 2/6
    Exercised?: Yes,
    Calories?: Yes, 1650/1680 – 362 exercise ( 1285 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 6 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch
    TDEE: 1975 Note:100

Date: 2/7
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 0:40:47 Solo walk at 13’43” pace for 2.97 miles, avg HR 130 BPM, 5.5 min mixed planks; PM: Indoor cycle 20:13, 3.0 min single forearm, 1.5 min sit ups (28), 1.5 min pushups ( 7 real, 17 knee), 1.5 min squats (58), 1.5 min hip bridges (42)
    Calories?: Yes, 1752/1680 – 364 exercise ( 1388 net ) – using my rule #2
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 7 out of 7, trying for 7 in a row (Monday – Sunday) challenge on watch***
    TDEE: 2076

*** Woot! I finally earned the Perfect Week All Activity via my Apple Watch!

Date: 2/8
    Exercised?: Yes, Indoor cycle 20.38 min, but day was busy enough (MIL’s condo) that watch said I did 100 min of exercise prior to dinner time real
    Calories?: Yes, 1649/1680 – 153 exercise ( 1496 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes
    TDEE: 2076

*** I owe a bunch of responses and will catch up today. At dinner time last night, I made gnocchi but scalded my hand and dropped my iphone into the recently boiling water when I tripped on the dishwasher door while carrying the pot to drain while calling for information to help get my advanced senior parents their COVID vaccinations. Amazingly, saved the gnocchi, iphone works (was in the hot water at least 5 minutes – Kudos to Apple), parents got their appointments, and I after a long evening trying to treat my hand I feel asleep with mega dose of advil and my wrapped hand in a bucket of cold water. This morning, I think it is going to be ok. Still tender, but I think I won’t lose any skin. Last night, I tried to type on the computer but could not, and for my indoor cycling I did it will my hand raised over my head. The cycling increased blood flow made my hand burn like heck. BUT, no Pass day. I am saving those for something I enjoy!!!

Date: 2/9
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Indoor cycle 29:10 for 7.03 miles, 6 min planks,1.5 min sit ups (31), 1.5 min pushups ( 7 real, 16 knee ), 1.5 min hip bridges (43), 1.5 min squats (63)
    Calories?: Yes, 1320/1680 – 124 exercise ( 1196 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes
    TDEE: 2137

Date: 2/10
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: 0:30:55 Under desk elliptical
    Calories?: Yes, 1611/1680 – 118 exercise ( 1493 net ) 100
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 10 day in a row!
    TDEE: 2020

Date: 2/11
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Indoor cycle 20:16 for 5.21 miles; 5 min mixed planks, 1.5 min sit ups (32) 1.5 min pushups ( 7 real, 16 knee)
    Calories?: Yes,1618 /1680 – 153 exercise ( 1465 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, day 11
    TDEE: 2147

Date: 2/12
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Indoor cycle 30:22 for 7.44 miles; PM: 25:06 Under desk78`` elliptical; 5 min mixed planks
    Calories?: Yes, 1548/1680 – 323 exercise ( 1225 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, day 12
    TDEE: 2082

Date: 2/13
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Indoor cycle at 5:30 before trip 0:26:49 for 6.01 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1641/1680 – 120 exercise ( 1521 net )
    Rings Closed?: Nope – the streak is broken :P
    TDEE: 1894

Date: 2/14
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: 0:33:25 Solo walk at 15’32” pace for 2.14 miles (WRONG sneakers!) Calories?: Yes, 1657/1680 – 157 exercise ( 1500 net )
    Rings Closed?: No
    TDEE: 1871

*** Completed 1400+ miles of driving and got to MIL’s florida home for the night. Leaving again in the morning. Walked her neighborhood after dark with my led arm bands and thought my β€œstrolling” sneakers would cut it. They did not. Cut walk short. Those were my only shoes I packed for the road trip. Will remember next time to bring another option.

Date: 2/15
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: 1:08:02 Solo walk at 13’34” pace for 5.01 miles; 0:08:59 slow walk at 15’13” pace for .59 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1621/1680 – 418 exercise ( 1203 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes and hope to try and complete last 14 days of February
    TDEE: 2257

*** Made it to Marathon. The last 200 miles took 5 hours, then unloading the SUV I stuffed full because, why not? Boxes are everywhere. Made dinner and at 7:45 headed out for first long walk in a while. Did 5.5 miles. I think I need to acclimate to the temps and humidity in Florida. 75 degrees is not super pleasant for me…..yet. When I left home two days ago, it was 14 degrees. I personally like 58 to a high of 73. Yes, you can ask me why we bought a place in Florida. :P Tomorrow AM, I will step on the scale for my reference point for the next 10+ weeks. My scale here and the one at home are within .2, so it will also tell me how my planning and pre-tracking worked for the trip. Paper expects it to be fine/good.

Date: 2/16
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 1:19:15 Group walk at 15’57” pace for 4.96 miles; PM: 5 min mixed planks; 1 min crunches (36); 1.5 min pushups
    Calories?: Yes, 1681/1680 – 306 exercise ( 1375 net ) **my rule #2
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 12 to go
    TDEE: 2183

Date: 2/17
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: 1:20:12 Group walk at 15’59” pace for 4.95 miles
    Calories?: No, 2132 /1680 – 306 exercise ( 1826 net )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 11 to go
    TDEE: 2136

*** using pass #1, MIL gave us biscotti for our travels which I avoided for days. Then I had one….. you know the rest. I know I cannot have these foods easily accessible.

Remaining passes: 2

*** trying to catch up. Sorry I have not been much of a contributing member these last couple days. Hoping that will improve once the condo gets in order (very long winded story so I will not bore you all, just know that I will be around.....soon.)

You contribute to the group better than I have the past two weeks; a long story on my part too! We ALL LOVE YOU, and we know YOU will be back to your normal posting when things settle down! <3