Morning Inspirations....What inspires you today?

Options
TaosLiz
TaosLiz Posts: 54 Member
edited February 2021 in Social Groups
“Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” —Unknown
What inspires me...YOU all do!
Day 17 and 8 pounds down, I can feel it in my body, which then lifts my spirits, which then inspires me to keep moving forward. Thank you Ladies for creating supportive space and sustaining the momentum, May each of you have a Big Beautiful Amazing Day!
Liz

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am inspired by you! You've had some serious health issues and it takes drive and courage to say "enough" instead of throwing in the towel.

It is a beautiful day with the sun shining and I will get out there and enjoy it. It's going to get up to 40 degrees today! Woohoo!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This group definitely inspires me to keep at it!
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    WooHoo bebeisfit! Thank you for your positive energy infused response. I am happy that you have sunshine, it makes a big difference and I do hope that you make the most of it. We are going to reach 43 today and up in the 60's over the next couple of days. I am hoping with cataract surgeries that I will be able to ride a bike again. Thanks again!
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    Good afternoon tmbg1. Joy, Success, and Inspiration are contagious! Have a great day!
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    TaosLiz wrote: »
    “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” —Unknown
    What inspires me...YOU all do!
    Day 17 and 8 pounds down, I can feel it in my body, which then lifts my spirits, which then inspires me to keep moving forward. Thank you Ladies for creating supportive space and sustaining the momentum, May each of you have a Big Beautiful Amazing Day!
    Liz

That’s fantastic!! It’s taken me almost two months to lose that much. Wow. That’s inspiring for sure
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    TaosLiz wrote: »
    WooHoo bebeisfit! Thank you for your positive energy infused response. I am happy that you have sunshine, it makes a big difference and I do hope that you make the most of it. We are going to reach 43 today and up in the 60's over the next couple of days. I am hoping with cataract surgeries that I will be able to ride a bike again. Thanks again!

Hi Liz,
    Last summer I had cataract surgery on one eye, and was amazed by how it improved my vision (and outlook, too). I think there will be some bike rides in your future!

Cheers,
    Carol
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Carol! I just had my post op yesterday and my doctor said that I should be able to go in and get a driver's license, however, with no peripheral vision, he said I should stick to bike riding on clear paths. lol. I am happy with that!
    Cheers!
    Liz
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    @losemicaroline Hi! May I ask you about your surgery? if so, any idea if your surgery could have been performed with only topical anesthesia? I’ve been holding off for my mom - they want to give her anesthesia but have it done in a hospital. (Preconditions - but it’s unnerving me!)
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    My dogs inspire me. It must sound silly to non-dog owners but they do! LOL They get an "outing" every day. This time of year its a walk, snowshoe, or their absolute favourite: a cross country ski (they love running beside me on the downward hills). They get so much joy from their outings which makes me happy, and inspires me to get outside every day.

The trail conditions were perfect yesterday on our ski so we'll probably go out again this afternoon. Its Friday, which means homemade pizza (vegetarian, using a wrap for the crust) and a glass of wine. How can I not be inspired this morning?!?! 🍕🙂🐾🍷

l47gxalcb3s8.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,855 Member
    Options
    This was heartening to me: We've been in a patch of unusually cold weather for February (temps in teens F, so well below zero C) and snowfall, with 10-12" of snow on the ground. These snowdrops (Galanthus sp.) are in in one of the few new bare spots, as our daytime temps have started to range a bit above freezing.
    3xb92bh6dm1i.jpg
    Hellebore (Helleborus niger hybrid) is still in bud, too, emerging from a snowbank. My friends thought the snow/cold would hurt it. Nah, it's tough.
    sisxbomtykc0.jpg
  • Yogibearthetenth
    Options
    All of you are very inspiring, thank you! I'm lucky to have good weather - I will try and take a break to walk today. Thanks for the inspiration. I hope all of us can eat healthy during the weekend and start next week, (which is also next month) in a positive way!
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    @losemicaroline Hi! May I ask you about your surgery? if so, any idea if your surgery could have been performed with only topical anesthesia? I’ve been holding off for my mom - they want to give her anesthesia but have it done in a hospital. (Preconditions - but it’s unnerving me!)

Hi @CeeBeeSlim, I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I had my procedure done at an eye center and received some sort of IV anesthesia, though I was awake for the procedure. The entire process, from check-in to exit took about an hour. I only felt discomfort one time, and it was just for a second--but I suspect without the IV it might have been otherwise. I'd be happy to tell you more about it if you have other questions. It's defnitely improved my quality of life and made the endless hours of computer work I do much, much easier.

I hope you and your mother find a good solution. Keep me posted if you'd like. <3

Carol