Shrinking Assets - February 2021 Team Chat

167891012»

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @boehle I’m with you on that need of vacation... I really need one, but it doesn’t look like traveling abroad is possible this summer, and my regular back-up of going sailing and drinking gin tonics on the boat deck is canceled too: no drinks, and I’ll probably have to skip any longer sailing trips too. My stomach will probably get too big to sail safely and comfortably, and going on a weeklong trip to a place with limited cell phone reception and a 2-day sail to nearest hospital seems like a bad idea during pregnancy.

When I was a kid, I lost a tooth while we were sailing and it was still attached to my braces, so it kinda ”wheeled” in place around the wire of the braces and I could only eat pureed food. We made it to a dentist’s office in probably 30 hours (sailed to a major coastal city), but it scarred me enough to make me avoid unnecessary risks of needing immediate medical care while on a remote island in the middle of the sea. Sailing along the coast and sticking to destinations with road access seems like a good idea this summer.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Username: Showkitten
    PW: 230.8
    CW: 230.0

TOM, feeling ill and generally feeling down has got me this week. Still lost though which is surprising, my body still trolling me with no 229 yet to get out the 30s
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    Cre804
    PW 195.5
    CW 196.0

Still spent the week playing catch up from last week’s storms. We had wind chill of -19 last week, then temps in the 80s this week! We lucked out and didn’t suffer any damage after the power came back. Grocery stores are still restocking and we again have limits on certain items. We’ve been finishing off the junk food we bought in the midst of the storm. I’m embarrassed but I’m going to put it out there: I ate a whole bag of family sized Oreos by myself. It’s something I don’t normally keep in the house because I don’t handle it well. But they’re gone now, and I need to refocus on better eating. Made some bad choices at a restaurant tonight also. I should have a routine schedule for the next few days and I’m committed to making progress in March.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    BigBlues11
    Friday
    PW 154.3
    CW 153.8 (-.5 pnds)
    TLD -70.2 pnds
  • fsennett
    fsennett Posts: 32 Member
    Hi team, I am days late and with bad results...

Monday weigh in
    PW: 215.8
    CW: 218

I just let my foot off the gas. I had not really being exercising because I am terrible at working out at home and it’s been freezing outside. However, I realized how much the workouts are for sanity and to help me stay motivated to eat right. Without them and the cold weather and COVID, it just was all too much.

On a positive note, I did a walking meditation over lunch yesterday to get some fresh air. I also went on an awesome run tonight since we are having fake spring weather!
  • tiataleah
    tiataleah Posts: 22 Member
    Tiataleah
    PW: 207.6
    CW: 207.8

@boehle could I please change my weigh in to Fridays?
  • janek1705
    janek1705 Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2021
    Janek1705
    Firday
    CW 279
    After taking a much longer break then intended I stepped on the scale to find out a gained back some weigh... quite a bit of what I had worked so hard to loose. Time to double time it and kick my butt in to gear. Looking forward to a better week. Quite disappointed in myself but motivated to improve.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    janek1705 wrote: »
    Janek1705
    Firday
    CW 279
    After taking a much longer break then intended I stepped on the scale to find out a gained back some weigh... quite a bit of what I had worked so hard to loose. Time to double time it and kick my butt in to gear. Looking forward to a better week. Quite disappointed in myself but motivated to improve.

Welcome to the team! Looking forward to staying motivated with you!
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Saturday check in
    PW 144.8
    CW 144.7

Down .1 pounds Well it was bound to happen, weeks of loss, I started to work out, still eating on plan. My goal is still 134 by end of March. But I am needing to add exercise so when I go into maintenance I can burn calories. Also I am having to go back into the workplace in April and it will be tougher as I will have to prep a lot. Goal next week 1.5 pounds.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Pw182
    Cw182

What a whacky week!! Aunt Flo and my bday sooooooo I'll take it!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member

doyoq75cts7x.jpeg
    xtj65sxedd1p.jpeg

I am making the request for these changes
  • Beka3695
    I second @boehle about the toes in the sand!!! Let’s all meet up on that pretend beach! Till then, let’s post weigh ins!!!

@Ddsb11 NWI pending
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @iamworthy14 NWI Pending
    @Ickiehl
    @floecity. NWI pending
    @carriestrine NWI pending
    @SisuMom2019
    @kelgen02
    @squeakmnm41
  • squeakmnm41
    squeakmnm41 Posts: 29 Member
    Squeakmnm41
    Saturday
    PW 152
    CW 150.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Your March Team Chat is open! Please finish up this week's weigh-ins here, and head over to the March thread for introductions and to get the new month rolling :smile:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825980/shrinking-assets-march-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • Beka3695
    I decided to weigh in... did so at 2 pm after 2 meals and much liquid. I was 176.6, so I am taking the liberty of posting 176.0.

I am doing this to avoid starting March when a huge gain. Bc I have had a “no holds barred” week, I am asking @jugar that if I have a top 3 loss next week, please skip over me bc if the damage this week 🤣🤣🤣

I’m pretty excited that the damage was under 5 pounds. Also, a decent amount of that will be sodium and carb bloat.

Cheers for a great March!!!!
This discussion has been closed.