Trimstones - March 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
6ulh5f465hlw.png

Here is your Team chat room for March 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    lhmtrtaj986g.png

Welcome to all of our newbies and returning crew as well! Let's have a terrific and fruitful March!!!

Take a second and tell us what you learned during February, what you accomplished and what you want to work hard on in the coming month...this is for ALL of you!

Jessica :smile:
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    During February I reimplemented 16:8 intermittent fasting, which really helps me with a calorie deficit. I hit 25% body fat (calculated using the navy method), which is my lowest in awhile, with a goal of under 20%. I stopped lifting and rowing, so I'll be working to make those a habit.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,416 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @Aqualang26 :)
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to relay my weight on here.
    LW 177.5
    Cw 179.3
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    Options
    cq0v7p59bf64.png
    Congrats to Team Trimstones for an excellent February! To keep you going, this month's first challenge is based on consistency - inspired by Team WaistAway's co-captain @micki48 It is a familiar kind of challenge - tracking the exact numbers of 2-3 things of your choice every single day. Just being consistent. And having alternatives if your plan gets derailed. Protect those numbers all week! Consistency is like a muscle - the more you do it, the better it gets. Good luck! Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826044/march-2021-week-1-challenge-consistency-101/p1?new=1
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @Aqualang26 :)

yfd9kx3477e8.gif

Welcome @Aqualang26 ...glad you found us!! Take a minute, introduce yourself and tell us a few of your goals for March!

I'm Jessica, one of your captains...the other is @mulecanter and our whole team is glad to have you join us. Give us your favorite place to walk and you're free to set a daily step goal limit and join our step team.

I'm taking signups for Step Team Challenge this month as we speak!! SIGN UP TODAY YA'LL!

Jessica :smile:
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    TheresaM787
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 126.5
    CW (Current Weight): 126.5

Two things to focus every day on:
    1- Drink more water (1st goal 48 oz, ultimate goal 64oz)
    2- Hit calcium goal (skim milk and Greek yogurt)
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

I'm excited to be here. Challenges really help me stay motivated!

I'm Laura, aged 43 from Florida. I'd previously put on weight after being bed ridden and on heavy steroids for months after an injury. I got that off but became pregnant shortly after (at 41!) - and gained that plus some back. Boooo! So here I am, getting it off again.

I walk with my toddler every morning for an hour but don't have a Fitbit or anything connected, so can't participate in the step challenge.
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ireadlabelsdammit
    Sunday
    PW 131
    CW 132 🤬
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

f7p7zzzp401z.png

:star:B):star:

0m3vp0vtbueb.png
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Charming Passion
    PW (Previous Weight): 306
    CW (Current Weight): 303.9

Two things to focus every day on:
    1- Drink 65 oz plus water everyday
    2- Start working in physical therapy

@jessicakrall8 Would love to join the step team. My daily goal right now is 3000 as I continue through therapy for my knee.
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Username: gillexplores
    PW: 165.5lbs
    CW: 162.3lbs (-3.2lbs)

There's that woosh I was expecting. Happy Sunday, everyone!

Also, I would love to join the step challenge this month. My goal is 9,000 steps a day.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8 could you please put my step challenge to 15000 thank you.
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    kerdil08
    Sunday
    PW 196.0
    CW 201.8

Sorry to the team on this one, but I just probably erased most peoples' losses with this huge gain.

All my "successes" from the last 2ish months definitely caught up with me 😂. The only real silver lining I can kind of put on this is that I did know I did a TERRIBLE job with food this week. I probably ate out more times in the last seven days than I did for the other 7 weeks of the new year. So I absolutely expected to shoot up on the scale based on those bad decisions (and even physically felt heavier); to me that's better than getting this result after feeling like I'd done everything right.

Either way, I didn't really feel like -3.7 lbs from last week was real, and I'm going to expect that +5.8 lb is also not fully real and is just part of massive fluctuation/water retention that happens every once in a while. Not trying to delude myself or claim that I didn't deserve to gain a lot this week, but 5.8 is wild. Sucks to be back up over 200, but there's always next week. I did do my weighin this morning rather than Sunday to try to encompass all the bad (my best friend came for a socially distanced visit and we - surprise - ate out yesterday), so hopefully it's all down again from here as I shift back to eating my tuna and chicken rather than pizza and french fries lol.

I do think I've probably exhausted how far I can go trying to lose regularly without really making attempts to work out (I don't usually consider walking back and forth to work as a workout), so time to finally charge up the Garmin watch and try to start going out before work to get a few miles in. I'm so bad at waking up early, but I'm always exhausted after getting home (I work in a lab so am on my feet for most of the day), so the A.M. is the way to go...if I can ever get out of bed.

I'd like to join the step challenge and start at 7,000 if there's still time. I won't have results for yesterday (28th) or today (1st), but would hop in tomorrow.
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Step Counter:
    Feb 28th - 7,521 steps

I am assuming we check in here for steps
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Step Counter:
    Feb 28th - 7,521 steps

I am assuming we check in here for steps

Hey there @CharmingPassion yes, I got ya! Great start!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Steppers, here's a screenshot from the February walk chart...please update the holes in your step history in the March chatroom, so I can get this updated and closed out...thanks!

9bq3ss7m6sco.png
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    2/26-14,221
    2/27-14,602
    2/28-15,628
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    wo05krr8sy09.jpg
    ir652jj878tt.png